Burning trivia question

Anyone out there who can answer this question for me? In the very opening of OUATIH there is a snipet of a movie. I was intrigued because a friend of mine, actress Brioni Ferrel (Brioni Farrell - IMDb) appeared in that snipet which is from the film Hell River shot in 1974 in Yugoslavia. Of all the choices in the universe, Tarantino chose this. Anyone know why???

didnt really notice this, can you elaborate or post a screenshot? Of course QT is very knowledgeable of all kinds of actors of the era…

But why would he choose a movie made five years after the setting of OUATIH?

Three answer lies here:

1 Like

Took me a while to come back to this…but Wow…mystery solved!!! Thank you…

1 Like

Hello from Serbia,
I just watched Partisans (Hell River) on TV, and wanting to know more about the film, I found an interesting fact that a frame from it appears in Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time. Then, I found a text from Serbian news portal that tells a little more about Tarantino’s interest in this movie. The part that relates to that is as follows:
Even more interesting is the information I read in the magazine “Code” - by the author of the texts, painter and participant in the film Radovan Mirazović - that today the world-famous screenwriter, actor and director Quentin Tarantino, who at that time worked in a video club in America and was anonymous in the film world, met with our film “Partizani”. Whether by chance or not, or there are no coincidences in life… He liked the film very much, so he organized a tribute in Hollywood - a special evening in honor and glory of Rod Taylor and the film “Partisans” (2010). And what is even more significant, he said and wrote that the love triangle in the said film was the best thing he had ever seen: Marco (Rod Taylor) falls in love with the Jewish woman Anna (Brioni Farrell), who is also in love with the German captain Kurt Kohler ( Adam West), who is trying in every way to find her and the convoy of Jews who were “kidnapped” by the partisans.