Bruce Lee

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.metacafe.com/watch/23744/bru … interview/”>http://www.metacafe.com/watch/23744/bruce_lee_lost_interview/</LINK_TEXT>

Bruce is king

The legend himself. Is he over-rated? Not in my opinion. He may not have been the greatest actor, but he’s got more charisma than 50 average movies stars put together.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.metacafe.com/watch/23744/bru … interview/”>http://www.metacafe.com/watch/23744/bruce_lee_lost_interview/</LINK_TEXT>

Bruce is king
[/quote]

Nice find, Johny. Bruce is the man 8)

[size=80]I moved the topic to actor discussion board.[/size]

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
The legend himself. Is he over-rated? Not in my opinion. He may not have been the greatest actor, but he’s got more charisma than 50 average movies stars put together.
[/quote]

Plus, he’s a pretty damn good street fighter too! lol >:D

Here’s a list of his actual fights in real life:

1. Bruce Lee vs. Chung, of the Choy Li Fut clan, in a HK rooftop in 1958. The fight was refereed by Wong Sheung Leung and Bruce knocked Chung out in the 2nd round. It lasted about a couple of minutes.

2. Bruce Lee vs. Gary Elms, a British boxer, in the 1958 HK amateur boxing championships in Hong Kong. He struggled in the first round only to hit Elms repeattedly with two-line hitting & the straight blast, just like the rooftop fight with Chung. He knocked Elms out in the third round and became champion.

3. Bruce Lee vs. Uechi, a Japanese black belt, in the Seattle YMCA handball court in 1962. He parried Uechi’s front kick from a cat stance and countered him with multiple straight blasts until Lee finished him off with a front kick of his own. The fight lasted 11 seconds.

4. Probably the most famous one, Bruce Lee vs. Wong Jak Man (a sil lum tao expert) in Bruce’s kwoon at nighttime in late 1964 to early 1965. He connected a straight blast on Wong and proceeded to chase him aroud the room until Bruce tackled him, and sat on him until Wong said “uncle”. It lasted three minutes.

5. Bruce Lee vs. the triad extras from Enter the Dragon. The first one was handled easily by Bruce. He choked him with a neckhold. The second one was believed to be a tiger/crane kung fu fighter who wanted to beat Bruce. But all of his attacks were countered and Bruce smashed him with a side kick of his own. Both fights lasted about 30 seconds each.

I guess Bruce really means it when he says: "To be honest, I could beat anybody in the world."

All I got to say is never mess with a street fighting legend. You’ll be bound to get your ass handed back in a silver platter! lol >:D

Wow, that’s some interesting stuff. Great first post, man.

Thanks Hung Fist. :slight_smile:

just a big legend!

all his films kick so much ass, unbelievable how suckers still try to live up to it and deliver garbage.

If there ever was ownage, bruce lee is it. 8) with every new movie in his genre he kicks more ass. Hard to find a person as dedicated as him with as much charisma…

few have reached this status! infinite respect!

TiG, what Bruce memorabilia do you got?

I have the 30 th anniversary box and the special edition of enter the dragon, plus some books about nun chucks by him, some nun chucks as in game of death (red and black ones) and the toa of jeet kune do written by Lee…I used to have a big poster of him from enter the dragon (infamous nunchucks scene)

lost some stuff and most of it is just in my head, when something reminds me of him and at the same time remind me of being a kid and just totally dissolve in the fantasyworld of being a hero like bruce lee :wink:

still get the shivers when I hear the opening tunes of his movies. Es spes the big boss, just pure genius coolness 8)

whats your collection?

Being a big fan, I sure don’t have a whole lot, but I’m happy with what I got.

30th Anniversary HKL box (Being American, I’m sure I can boast that I’m probably the only guy in the upper region of California who’s got this!)

My first “movie gift set” which I still love. It’s the 25th Anniversary package in case someone doesn’t know

And the 30th Anniversary of Enter The Dragon. Plus the VHS for Bruce Lee-The Legend

The only book I’ve got of Bruce is one that my dad (Who was a fan) bought just shortly after his death. The book has no title. It’s shaped like a school yearbook and just has the Yin/Yang symbol with 1940-1973 underneath. Even though plenty of the pages inside are badly deteriorated, I still hold this book dear to heart.

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
still get the shivers when I hear the opening tunes of his movies. Es spes the big boss, just pure genius coolness 8)
[/quote]

Definetly. Though I was letdown to hear that the Cantonese track for Big Boss doesn’t have the “surf/spy” opening-titles music that I’ve always associated BIG BOSS with!

Bruce rox. I have a velvet bruce picture in my living room doing the stance from Enter the Dragon. He even has the claw marks. I also have one of those cheap statues from the china store.

Of course when he said he could beat anyone he must have meant living since Musashi would kick his ass.

[quote=“Laydback”]

Definetly. Though I was letdown to hear that the Cantonese track for Big Boss doesn’t have the “surf/spy” opening-titles music that I’ve always associated BIG BOSS with!

[/quote]

holy shit…I havent watched the big boss on that dvd…when I pop in the big boss its on vhs at my uncles. So now I read your comment and pop in the big boss dvd waiting for that excellent opening tune and…FUCK! that just broke my day…wtf is up with that song?

I want the song I LOVE! :frowning:

Bruce Lee is fucking god

[quote=“QT Fan”]
Bruce Lee is fucking god
[/quote]

I should change my username to that :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
holy shit…I havent watched the big boss on that dvd…when I pop in the big boss its on vhs at my uncles. So now I read your comment and pop in the big boss dvd waiting for that excellent opening tune and…FUCK! that just broke my day…wtf is up with that song?

I want the song I LOVE!  :frowning:
[/quote]

Yeah, the whole soundtrack is jacked-up. They’ve even got Pink Floyd’s “Time” playing when the James Tien character first visit’s the boss’s crib.

But at least they’ve got Bruce’s trademark yells and roars on these tracks!

I just watched it…and it has great charm. Almost everything is better, except for the opening tune. That still has me in tears :’(

I have it in an audio file though so now I am playing it nonetheless 8)

[quote=“The Killer”]
Plus, he’s a pretty damn good street fighter too! lol >:D

Here’s a list of his actual fights in real life:

1. Bruce Lee vs. Chung, of the Choy Li Fut clan, in a HK rooftop in 1958. The fight was refereed by Wong Sheung Leung and Bruce knocked Chung out in the 2nd round. It lasted about a couple of minutes.

2. Bruce Lee vs. Gary Elms, a British boxer, in the 1958 HK amateur boxing championships in Hong Kong. He struggled in the first round only to hit Elms repeattedly with two-line hitting & the straight blast, just like the rooftop fight with Chung. He knocked Elms out in the third round and became champion.

3. Bruce Lee vs. Uechi, a Japanese black belt, in the Seattle YMCA handball court in 1962. He parried Uechi’s front kick from a cat stance and countered him with multiple straight blasts until Lee finished him off with a front kick of his own. The fight lasted 11 seconds.

4. Probably the most famous one, Bruce Lee vs. Wong Jak Man (a sil lum tao expert) in Bruce’s kwoon at nighttime in late 1964 to early 1965. He connected a straight blast on Wong and proceeded to chase him aroud the room until Bruce tackled him, and sat on him until Wong said “uncle”. It lasted three minutes.

5. Bruce Lee vs. the triad extras from Enter the Dragon. The first one was handled easily by Bruce. He choked him with a neckhold. The second one was believed to be a tiger/crane kung fu fighter who wanted to beat Bruce. But all of his attacks were countered and Bruce smashed him with a side kick of his own. Both fights lasted about 30 seconds each.

I guess Bruce really means it when he says: "To be honest, I could beat anybody in the world."

All I got to say is never mess with a street fighting legend. You’ll be bound to get your ass handed back in a silver platter! lol >:D

[/quote]

Supposedly he and Sammo Hung had a tussle on the set of Enter the Dragon, and it was a draw…at least that’s what Hung says.

Hung is full of shit :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably…Hung is a pretty good fighter though. He kicks ass in Mag Butcher and all the Jackie Chan/Dragon films.

:smiley:

When it comes to bruce lee I am like 8 years old and think he could take on superman…:stuck_out_tongue: