Bruce lee movies

[quote=“Jurassic”]
I have the Bruce Lee 30th Anniversary Box set. Everyone who likes his movies should rush to the store and buy the fucker :slight_smile:

It has his The Big Boss, Fist Of Fury, Way of The Dragon and Game of Death, plus a SHITLOAD of extras and a little book.
[/quote]

My first overseas purchase…And damn worth every penny!

And I’ve got the 25th Anniversary box set of Enter/Dragon and the 30th. My dad was a Bruce fan, so I guess the love carries down from him.

Actually Fortune Star remasters have 10 times better picture quality than the HKL disc. I first bough the 7-disc FS box set with all 6 Bruce Lee films. I later got the HKL box set too, just for extras (it only cost 18£). Then I finally bought the Warner Bros. 2 disc SE of Enter the Dragon. Being a Bruce Lee fan is fucking expensive.

Yeah and I’ve heard that the upcoming R1s will look as good as the Fortune Stars do, but no Bey Logan commentaries. And he’s the man! 8)

[quote=“Laydback”]
Yeah and I’ve heard that the upcoming R1s will look as good as the Fortune Stars do, but no Bey Logan commentaries. And he’s the man! 8)
[/quote]

He IS the man. I rarely listen to audio commentaries, but I usually listen at least parts of his commentaries on HKL dvds. I once emailed him and he answered the next morning. He may not be a big star, but man, he’s the only western person working in Hong Kong as a screenwriter. He personally knows all big stars. Bey is my hero, haha.

Those upcoming R1 discs should be straight ports of FS releases, maybe with english dubs added. FS soundtrack on The Big Boss sucks, and their ETD is dubbed in chinese, but all other Bruce Lee discs are damn great.

I love all his movies that he is in. Game of Death doesn’t count. Every copy should be burned. I don’t care what critics say, I loved Enter the Dragon. Seeing Sammo get his ass whooped and Jackie’s neck snapped and the great colors. Is way of the dragon and return of the dragon the same film? Nunchuck action rocks. Plus he always stars with that super good looking lady.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
Is way of the dragon and return of the dragon the same film? [/quote]

yup

I’m I the only one who really digs Game of Death? Okay, it is a disgrace towards Bruce, but it’s also silly and nostalgic martial arts movie with kick ass action scenes (even those without the real Bruce). Basically it’s everything that those american martial arts movies like Chuck Norris films should have been (but miserably failed).

And Game of Death 2 (aka Tower of Death) is even better. It’s one of the best “cheesy kung fu flicks” I’ve ever seen. Great action, great soundtrack, great villains (especially the one eating raw meat and drinking deer blood) and set ups that look like if they were stolen from that 60’s Batman TV series. The movie actually gets better once they get rid of Bruce.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
I’m I the only one who really digs Game of Death?

And Game of Death 2 (aka Tower of Death) is even better. [/quote]

Game of Death is a good cut&paste flick,yes. It’s not a good movie, but compared to the other “Bruce Lee” stuff after his death it’s watchable.

There i liked the locker room fight and the slowmotion with the bikes in the warehouse at most.

Tower of Death is better, but also far from a good movie. Well, there are some excellent action scenes. And the last act is really campy, combining James Bond with a Shaolin movie. Not to mention the killer lion.

I haven’t seen Game/Death 2 (aka Tower of Death) in 19 years (Yup, I’m the resident old fart)

Usually see the fox/fortune star disc around stores for about 9 bucks, Debating to get it. But I’m also interested in the HKL cuz I’d LOVE to hear what Bey Logan has to say about it.