Blood in movies: bright red or dark?

I think dark blood looks more real. What do you prefer?

Dark Blood.

more real doesn’t mean prettier. in a graphic way, some bright red blood can be cool. check ou tthis Gogo pic. she’s beautiful.

so, definitely badass bright red.

or maybe really dark pink… with a few computer work, that’s for sure possible-after all, there are gallons of yellow blood in Sin City.

alien-green for me.

Like Savini and Romero had a discussion over the colour of blood in Dawn of The Dead, Savini hated how it looked too bright, but Romero said it was great, as it was more unserious and comicky. To each genre and each movie its own blood, I think.

Here’s an example :smiley:

Peanutbutter or Jelly?

marmelade.definitely marmelade.

I have to say bright red like the blood in Reservoir Dogs. I also liked yellow and white blood in Sin City.

I like Bright Red, Like in Sanjuro or Ran.

Blood is actually quite light. Not the same shade as in that picture, but healthy blood is very light, in small amounts. In large amounts, or if it has been in the air for a while, or has tissue/flesh/brains etc in it, gets a lot darker.

I always think its funny that creatures full of blood, cant even recognize what looks real. Most of my friends think that real looking blood looks fake.

Huh?

I’ve been donating blood several times and I never saw that bright, tomato colored blood.

Dark blood is more realistic looking, bright is just funner to watch for some reason though.

[quote=“moussemaker”]
Huh?

I’ve been donating blood several times and I never saw that bright, tomato colored blood.
[/quote]

I dont think its like the kill bill picture at all.

But I find its still quite bright. but, definitely a totally different colour.