Bill's Favorite Soul Song

Maybe it’s been posted already, I don’t know, but what’s Bill’s Favorite soul song of the '70’s

When will I see you again

Now, I feel stupid

he says just that in the film, why not watch it?

[quote=“hardyfukinhar”]
Now, I feel stupid
[/quote]

Maybe its cause you are.. :-\actually i didn’t remember this either.. for some insane reason i didn’t think it was necessary..

B says, " when will I see you again?" and Bill says," Thats the title to my favorite soul song of the seventies." As if, the title of the song is the answer to her question. Not "Well, I’ll make a funny comment and actually ask B the same question she asked me; "When will I see you again, instead of answering her question, "When he tells me your done."

The title of the song should have been something like “when he tells me your done” or some other cheesey 70’s song title.

So I dont’ feel stupid. It was a good question.

You’d have to be extremely retarded, or someone who doesn’t understand English if you don’t know that the song Bill was referring to was “When will I see you again?”. I mean the only way I can think of where QT could have made it more obvious is if he came out from behind the camera and said to the viewers "Hey everyone, how you doing? Liking the movie so far? Good. Well anyway, Bill’s favourite soul song of the seventies is ‘When Will I See You Again’, alright. I repeat…Bill’s favourite soul song of the seventies is ‘When Will I See You Again’. Keep on chilling."

I mean it’s so incredibly fucking obvious that’s his favourite song.

Beatrix: When will I see you again?

Bill: That’s the name of my favourite soul song of the seventies

He makes it obvious that that’s the name of the song. God.

I need to lie down.

Bigger question. Has anyone here actually heard the song? ;D

I used to have it on a compilation CD I ripped from. It has an uptempo beat, but melodramatic lyrics.

I love that song :slight_smile:

[quote=“Laydback”]
Bigger question. Has anyone here actually heard the song? ;D

I used to have it on a compilation CD I ripped from. It has an uptempo beat, but melodramatic lyrics.
[/quote]

ha ha ha ha…ah…no :frowning:

[quote=“hardyfukinhar”]
B says, " when will I see you again?" and Bill says," Thats the title to my favorite soul song of the seventies." As if, the title of the song is the answer to her question. Not "Well, I’ll make a funny comment and actually ask B the same question she asked me; "When will I see you again, instead of answering her question, "When he tells me your done."

The title of the song should have been something like “when he tells me your done” or some other cheesey 70’s song title.

So I dont’ feel stupid. It was a good question.
[/quote]

yeah, seriously, though, it wasnt a good question, as Ify said, you would have to retarded not to know from watching the film, or of course not speak english, if you do speak english well and you still couldnt get it then i would say that you are probably more suited to films such as Torque, where you are not required to use your brain and you seem to enjoy it more when you are functionally retarded.

If I can’t speak english, then you fellas sure as hell can’t read it.

I understood what the title of the song was after the first reply.

My second reply was a comment about how stupid QT’s dialog was (Yes, I said it, S-T-U-P-I-D).

Since you can’t read AND understand english at the same time (Who’s retarded?), I’ll explain my train of thought again.

If someone asks you a question, do you reply, in answer, with the SAME question? NO.

The answer to B’s question is not “when will I see you again?” (Second grade review: That’s a question.)

The answer IS; “When he tells me you’re done.”

As I said, the title SHOULD HAVE BEEN something similar to "When he tells me you’re done."

Which IS the ANSWER to B’s question.

I guess the underlying problem is that you all bow down and worship the almighty QT without giving any of his GREAT dialog any second thought.

Now, I’ve seen KB 1&2, PF, RD, several times each, I don’t jerk off to them every night, Ify, but I appreciate how QT makes his movies.

I mean he’s my favorite director, ALRIGHT?

BUT:

If you can honestly tell me, that the way those few lines were writen make more sense than what I’m saying;

A. YOU still don’t understand ME. (retards)

or

B. And I quote "then i would say that you are probably more suited to films such as Torque, where you are not required to use your brain and you seem to enjoy it more when you are functionally retarded."

I hope the caps and the space between the lines has made it easier for you to understand my point.

Angel: You actually saw “Torque?”

hardyfukinhar, I get your point. The only problem is that no-one would would ever think like that after hearing that little piece of dialogue.

If Bill would wanna make a fucking riddle, than he would mean that his favourite soul song is “when he says you’re done”.

BUT in the movie he hears B’s question “When will I see you again” and like a normal fucking person he’s not making a fucking riddle, but the question brings to his mind a memory of the song with the same title, and he even says his like in the same effect (you know remembering) “Now, THAT is my favourite soul song from the seventies.” ‘That’ meaning B’s question.

That is the most human and logical interpretation, but because you’re a fuck-tard, you didn’t get it.

(The only reason I am angry, is because you insulted “us” first, and I don’t give a shit what think about anything.)

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]

[/quote]

;D True. Thanks for the reminder, the exact same reason why I don’t anymore visit IMDb-forums.

Wow, you are more stupid then we gave you credit for.

[quote=“hardyfukinhar”]
If I can’t speak english, then you fellas sure as hell can’t read it.
[/quote]

Don’t you think that maybe, just maybe, it is you who is incapable of writing sensible sentences? Now, if you’re here barking shit that doesn’t make sense, how do you expect us to understand what you’re trying to say to us?

[quote]
I understood what the title of the song was after the first reply.
[/quote]

The first question you asked was completely ridiculous. But then again, you may not have been aware of there being such a song, so we shall forgive you for that one… for now.

[quote]My second reply was a comment about how stupid QT’s dialog was (Yes, I said it, S-T-U-P-I-D).
[/quote]

So because one person out of probably millions of people didn’t understand QT’s dialogue, automatically it’s stupid? Just because YOU couldn’t understand his dialogue, that means Quentin Tarantino’s dialogue is stupid? (Yes, I said the same thing twice, because we all know you have a problem with understanding even the simplest sentences)

[quote]If someone asks you a question, do you reply, in answer, with the SAME question? NO.

The answer to B’s question is not “when will I see you again?”[/quote]

This is the biggest flaw in your argument! When Beatrix says “When will I see you again?” Bill DOESN’T reply with “When will I see you again”, but with “That’s my favourite soul song of the 70’s”. Bill ISN’T asking her a question. He ISN’T answering her question with a question, but rather, he is telling her that what she just said is the title of his favourite soul song of the 70’s.

Your mind can’t seem to comprehend such simple lines of dialogue (hence why we called you a retard).

When the fuck, does Bill EVER reply with “When will I see you again”? He never utters those words, and he NEVER answers her question with another question!!

Let me give you an example. If someone says to me “Oh, I’m feeling ‘comfortably numb’” I’ll reply with “Haha, that’s the name of one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs” Do you finally get it now?

Also, QT is trying to show how musically orientated Bill is (much like QT is himself). In addition to being a pop culture reference (something not unheard of within QT’s dialogue), the little conversation Bill and The Bride had in the wedding chapel (about the the used-record store, and getting to listen to music all day) is also a continuation of the ‘soul song of the seventies’ dialogue, in a sense that both pieces of dialogue revolve around the theme of ‘music’. Basically, QT is trying to show that Bill and Beatrix often talk about music to each other. The fact that Beatrix is unable to ‘get’ what Bill is saying (she replies “What?” after Bill’s reply) shows possibly, not only their age difference, but how knowledgeable Bill is with these kinds of subject matter. Furthermore, it also makes Bill seem superior to Beatrix, he is portrayed as in control of things, and certainly in control of Beatrix. I think the purpose of this is to show the growth of Beatrix’s character. She grows to be this blood-thirsty, revenge seeking mother, who seems to have matured hugely, and is now confident enough to take on Bill as well as anybody else who stands in her way. Beatrix is now in control, she holds all the cards (or so it seems), and it basically shows how this kind of shy, love-filled, innocent and unknowing kid(do) changes into this ‘monster’ and is now in a more controlled position than Bill.

Believe me, I have given QT’s dialogue a whole lot of thought. Upon studying some of his works, it has become clear to me that QT is a genius. I don’t want to go into details right now because I’m supposed to be studying for my exams at this moment in time, but NOTHING Tarantino does in his films is by accident. He is very much particular, and quite the perfectionist and everything he does in his films is for a reason (though not always clearly-defined reasons!). His writing is so brilliant, most people don’t even know (or appreciate) just how great it really is. They aren’t just words, he writes what he does very much purposefully, his writing is often remarkably poetic following very rhythmic structures. Sam Jackson’s dialogue alone in PF and JB flows naturally, Jackson almost sings his dialogue such is the beauty and brilliance of it. There are so many poetic charateristics in QT’s writing you wouldn’t believe!! Internal rhymes, terminal rhymes, like rhymes, alliteration etc. all contribute (certainly in my eyes and ears) of his sheer brilliance. He is in a league of his own, and people who study his work, and actors like David Carradine, Sam Jackson and Bruce Willis are not wrong when they compare him with the greats such as Shakespeare.

It saddens me however, to know that very many people are oblivious to QT’s true talents, and instead concentrate on how he stole this scene from City on Fire or that scene from Lady Snowblood, but c’est la vie.

Johny, arguing maybe be pointless, (in fact aren’t message boards here for the reason of discussing things, so naturally arguments will occur!!), but arguing is also fun.

"So because one person out of probably millions of people didn’t understand QT’s dialogue, automatically it’s stupid? Just because YOU couldn’t understand his dialogue, that means Quentin Tarantino’s dialogue is stupid? (Yes, I said the same thing twice, because we all know you have a problem with understanding even the simplest sentences)"

QT wrote an explanation into the script because it didn’t make sense.

B: When will I see you again?

Bill: Thats the title to my favorite soul song of the seventies.

B: WHAT? (She doesn’t even understand Bills remark because it’s so out of the blue, and doesn’t answer her question.)

Bill: (Bill chuckles) When he tells me your done.

Fuckin Bill knows she didn’t get what he was saying.

The title of the song should have been the answer to B’s question, not just a silly ass remark

"Let me give you an example. If someone says to me “Oh, I’m feeling ‘comfortably numb’” I’ll reply with “Haha, that’s the name of one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs” Do you finally get it now?"

Yes that example makes good sense. Someone says to you (a statement), I’m feeling numb, you can reply, “that’s the name of my favorite PF song.” That’s funny, it’d be the joke of the fuckin day.

BUT,

Is “Oh, I’m feeling ‘comfortably numb’” a question? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You like pink floyd, hows this, I’ll provide an example for your argument in your own terms.

If someone says to you, “Oh man, is there anybody out there?” You reply with, "thats the title to my favorite Pink Floyd song."

They say, “What?”, you say " ‘Lucifer Sam’ or ‘Arnold Layne’ or ‘Us And Them’"

Any title of a Pink Floyd song, That ANSWERS THE QUESTION

I admire the fighting spirit Ify, but most of you fuckers on this board are just a little to touchy when it comes to shit like this.

I wanted to know the name of the song. I was expecting the answer, THE NAME OF THE SONG, to make sense in the dialog.

It didn’t, in the sense that it wasn’t the answer I was looking for, I guess I was thinking above the level of the dialog.

Anyway, 'fore I knew it, I was “retarded”, a “Torque” fan, couldn’t speak english, all this other shit.

Like Pink says, "you’re all acting like a bunch of niggers, all saying there gonna kill each other."

God forbid I don’t get the quote right, I think you understand what I’m saying, though I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t.

But I’m sure the next few replys will make my point.

hardyfukinhar, now you’re just arguing why you didn’t get the point in the first place, and saying QT’s dialogue is stupid, because you didn’t get it at the time.

QT wrote the thing, watched it and said: "It’s fuckin’ obvious what this shit means, all right… everyone would get it."

We (everyone) got it, but you didn’t. So we say: “Pfft… that’s retarded man…” Another one says: "Don’t be so tought at him, he’s maybe from another country, like, I don’t know, fucking Kongnam, where they don’t even no what English is and it was translated differently."

And then you get pissed off, and say that we are retard, that Tarantino is a retard, his dialogue is retard.

The problem is not, who’s a retard and who’s not, but that we’ve got so much past the point of no return, that there is no reason at all for this conversation, so let’s just fucking cool off.

'Cause there’s just no reason to anyone get pissed off, and definitely not anyone get the idea that “QT is a fucking cocksucker, just watch those bloody mindwashed fanboys piss their pants…” So drink some water, cool off, (maybe smoke a joint, if you want to) and let’s move to something more interesting.

right

This is the goddamned stupidest thread i have read on this forum yet. It’s like the simplest thing in the world to get and its turning into a goddamn argument?

Bea "When will i see you again?"

Bill “Thats the title to my favourite soul song from the seventies”

(At this point you would have to be mental if you didnt realise that he’s referring to her original question.)

Bea "What?"

Bill "When he tell’s me your done"

How could you not get that?

Consider this shit locked.