The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

BaadAsssss Cinema: A Bold Look at '70s Blaxploitation

anyone see this just got it in the mail from blockbuster.com and im about to watch it. i seen some of it on IFC a while ago.

If your a fan of blaxploitation you’ll love it and it has great interviews with Quentin Tarantino and Fred Williamson.

[quote=“me”]
If your a fan of blaxploitation you’ll love it and it has great interviews with Quentin Tarantino and Fred Williamson.
[/quote]

yea i love blaxploitation im about to watch it in about a half a hour.

I got it taped from IFC, but I heard the DVD has more interviews. I’d sure like to see them someday.

watched it last night here blockbuster sent me the wrong disc they sent me the sleeve for BaadAsssss Cinema: A Bold Look at '70s Blaxploitation but they sent me the disc for Baaaadassss the movie about how melvin van peeble made sweet sweetbacks baddasss song i was disapointed they sent me the wrong disc they are send me the right one now but baddasss was really good any one ever see it.

Baadassss was one of the best movies of the year, so no big loss. :slight_smile:

Sweet Sweetbacks Badass Song was one of the worst movies I ever saw and certainly the worst Blaxploitation movie I ever saw. And I fuckin love Blaxploitation.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
Sweet Sweetbacks Badass Song was one of the worst movies I ever saw and certainly the worst Blaxploitation movie I ever saw. And I fuckin love Blaxploitation.
[/quote]
i still never seen it but i will probably just like it just because i seen what the guy went threw to make it.

[quote=“Jjp”]
i still never seen it but i will probably just like it just because i seen what the guy went threw to make it.
[/quote]

Yup, like banging the chick in front of the camera for a scene in the movie, catching gonorrhea, and then asking money from the directors guild because of it. Haha, i would have never given that guy money, but maybe they were afraid that if they wont, hes gonna sue them for being racist next.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
[/quote]

It certainly was a waste of my fucking time.

C’mon guys. Check out Joe Bob’s Drive-In totals:

14 breasts

5 dead bodies

1 dead dog

1 dead lizard

2 sex parties with 1 appearance by a fairy godmother

3 cases of police brutality

1 cop car explosion

Death by handcuffs

Death by poolstick

Multiple love-making. Multiple foot-chases.

Gratuitous theme music. Gratiuitous crappy photography.

And watch out folks, because:

Has anyone seen Trouble man? if so is it any good?

[quote=“me”]
Has anyone seen Trouble man? if so is it any good?
[/quote]

Eh, it’s aiight. Despite a good performance by Robert Hooks playing (The Original) “Mr. T” and a Marvin Gaye soundtrack, I thought it was a little slow and lackluster. Better than Black Gunn at least.

Blaxploitation is the worst kind of cinema, except for the Jack Hill movies. He’s like the Orson Welles of this genre. Jackie Brown was also very good.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Blaxploitation is the worst kind of cinema, except for the Jack Hill movies.[/quote]

Booooo

And Jackie Brown ain’t a blaxpo to me.

Plus, if you liked Jack Hill’s work in the genre, you should check out Arthur Marks stuff (Bucktown,Detroit 9000,J.D.'s Revenge)

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Blaxploitation is the worst kind of cinema, except for the Jack Hill movies. He’s like the Orson Welles of this genre. Jackie Brown was also very good.
[/quote]
What!? Blaxploitation is great!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
[/quote]

what other ones have you seen that made you dislike the genre i love them all.

[quote=“Laydback”]
And watch out folks, because:

[/quote]

…that was a great way to end the film. After he ate the fucking lizard, I didn’t know what to expect next.

i really gotta see this movie.

I finally seen this yesterday got it off of netflix. I thought it was ok i seen or heard of all the films in it but it was still cool seeing some of the interviews.