Are Jules and Vincent evil men?

some people just need to get shot in the head.

i’ve written a script for a graphic novel about a hitman. he sums up his feelings about his craft with something along the lines of "I had no illusions about what i did. i was a bastard who killed other bastards for money and it had kept me alive. so far."

in terms of vincent and jules, i think this is the type of attitude that vincent feels towards his craft. jules on the other hand may have felt his work to be justified until he has his moment of clairty.

i’m gonna go watch the movie again. lol

My guess is that both are evil, but Jules has been forgiven ‘cause of his agnoledgement of the miracle.

They ‘re both washing their hands in Jimmy’s bathroom using the same soap, Jules’ hands become clean, Vincent’s are still bloody and when he dries them the towel looks ‘like a fuckin’ Maxie pad’. The symbolism is quite obvious.

Like Pontius Pilate. :smiley: Never thought about this soap shit, interesting observation.

[quote]My guess is that both are evil, but Jules has been forgiven ‘cause of his agnoledgement of the miracle.

They ‘re both washing their hands in Jimmy’s bathroom using the same soap, Jules’ hands become clean, Vincent’s are still bloody and when he dries them the towel looks ‘like a fuckin’ Maxie pad’. The symbolism is quite obvious.[/quote]

Wholy fuck, I never thought of it like that…damn. I need to watch this movie again…

The beauty of films is that the bad guys are the good guys! e.g. in The italian job we want the criminals to win, however in reality we would want all criminals locked up! In pulp fiction we are sewed in to believe that the men Jules and Vince kill are pricks anyways so they deserve to die and Tarantino is espicially good at making the audience have empathy for the characters.

They are evil men. They would kill almost everyone if someone ask them to do that. They arent misguided, Vincent and Jules choose this job. Actually they arent too bright.

The term “evil” is ambiguous and ultimately quite subjective. This question is hard to answer, even though one should note that Jules himself admits he’s the “tyranny of evil men.”

[quote]The term “evil” is ambiguous and ultimately quite subjective. This question is hard to answer, even though one should note that Jules himself admits he’s the “tyranny of evil men.”[/quote]

I don’t think Jules ever admits he is the “tyranny of evil men.” He says that he may be the tyranny of evil men, but he does not really know.

I think he did. He said to Ringo “you are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men…” but he was being metaphorical. He was saying he was tired of being that, and he wanted to steer away from the evil by quitting the hitman profession.

HA HA HA!!! Killing someone makes you evil??? Hell no. Am I evil…yes I am.

Well…if it’s true about the briefcase,that it contains Marsellus’s soul,and they are saving it…then no…they aren’t evil men.