This topic is for official announcements regarding The Quentin Tarantino Archives (both the main news website, The Archives, and this forum). It is read-only.
We have officially re-launched The Quentin Tarantino Archives’ forums, about 17 years after they were first born. Stay tuned for more detailed updates on what this all means, where you can find more information, and so on.
Some updates on the organization of the forum:
- International Forums is now a main category again
- There are less sub-forums now, e.g. Films > Kill Bill, but that one doesn’t have any more sub sections like we used to have, like for soundtracks. Instead, topics can be tagged now
- Tags: We are slowly starting to tag some posts
- We are working on cleaning up a lot of old stuff that is no longer relevant, deleting topics, merging posts, rewriting some of the FAQs and help topics. Help us out if you want, point out stuff that needs cleaning
- Categories still need their own colors, descriptions and images, we are working on it
Here is the announcement
Legendary Tarantino Archives message boards make a comeback
The Archives (the core of the website, located at wiki.tarantino.info) has now been upgraded and moved to a new host, it’s now securely available (https) as well. Please surf around and let us know if there’s any problems you encounter. It’s look and feel was also adapted to match this forum and the main news pages.
The new year will start with the 1.9 upgrade to Discourse, bringing a number of interesting improvements to the forum software. Stay tuned
It will probably arrive in the next days/weeks, and it brings a whole lot of smaller and larger upgrades to the forum, if you’re into the nitty gritty techy stuff you can check it out here https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-version-1-9/61289
This forum now uses Discourse 1.9, which brings the improvements linked to above, some of which are neatly explained here:
Privacy at the QTA forums in a nutshell:
- we use Google Analytics
- we may use Google Adsense
- Embedded media (e.g. YouTube) is like visiting those pages
- we don’t pass on your personal data to third parties
- your data is transmitted via an https connection
- We’ll export and/or delete the data we have on you at your request
etc. Stay tuned and contact us if you have any questions.
Discourse 2.0 is coming shortly to this forum… for those interested, the following link provides some detail about what’s coming:
Now running Discourse 2.0, enjoy