Alfred Hitchcock Presents

I have been watching these alot and could not find a topic about it so i made one any fans what are some of your favorite episodes?

Did Hitchcock direct any of the episodes?

…the television show’s OK, but if I want Hitchcock I’ll pop in Rope or Vertigo.

i have seen vertigo im a big hitchcock fan but these episodes are great but im not sure if he directed these…also does anyone remember this hitchcock movie i havent seen it since i was like 6 years old i think it was about a serial killer all i remember is i think he has red hair but on the one part he is strangleing a girl with a belt.

Um…Marnie?

…good movie, in any case.

ill have to buy it to refresh my memory i use to love it.

You’re not talking about Frenzy, are you?

not sure i remember the guy like strangling a girl and pulling here like into an apartment or something.

This might be what you need.

I bought mine just before Christmas. -I still haven’t finished it all either! It’s worth the $100 you’ll probably be paying for it, though.

damn its expensive but 15 discs and 14 movies for 100 that is pretty good.

[quote=“Jjp”]
not sure i remember the guy like strangling a girl and pulling here like into an apartment or something.
[/quote]

I don’t know, but nothing beats Rear Window in my opinion. Along with Psycho and North by Northwest, it’s one of the greatest films of all time.

Psycho was great one of the greatest films of the 60s.

Rear Window was great. Unfortunately, you don’t get North by Northwest in the masterpiece collection. I’m told it’s one of the best too.

My favorite is Rope. I’ve never seen a full-length movie with only 4 cuts in it. Probably never will.

[quote=“Jjp”]
Psycho was great one of the greatest films of the 60s.
[/quote]

The trailer for Psycho…the 5min+ one with Alfred Hitchcock in it, is the best promotion for a movie EVER.

are there few cuts in rope?

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
Rear Window was great. Unfortunately, you don’t get North by Northwest in the masterpiece collection. I’m told it’s one of the best too.

My favorite is Rope. I’ve never seen a full-length movie with only 4 cuts in it. Probably never will.
[/quote]

I actually got to see NBNW on the big screen outdoors at the local art museum when I was in the 9th grade but it started raining about 2/3’s through so the fuckers shut it off and made us go home.

Most horror films today are modeled after Psycho and if you’ll watch North by Northwest, you’ll see that most action/suspense flicks are inspired by that one as well.

[quote=“visualsynergy”]
Most horror films today are modeled after Psycho…[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. But do you know about how promoted the movie was? You had be at the movie ON TIME and not be a second late. Hitchcock wanted everyone to experience the movie from beginning to end, so he had a EXTREMELY strict policy about not letting anyone in after the movie had started. There were literally LINES of people waiting to see the movie because of all the hype.

ahahahhahaa.good promotional idea.

Yeah, I read about that and actually saw the promotion trailer for Psycho last Friday as I was watching the local Monstervision show on t.v. Hitchcock was a great man.

yea he can br funny in a dry way in the openings of the Alfred hitchcock presents.

That’s what made is humor. Dry and nonchalant.

Pretty funny if you ask me.