After hours (1985)

Has anyone seen this film? What do you think about it? You know whur i can get the script?

<LINK_TEXT text=“Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more. … k_code=as1”>Amazon.com</LINK_TEXT>

looking very much forward to seing this. plan on getting the dvd

This is the most hilarious shit I’ve seen from Scorcese

I rented this movie for the first time almost a year ago and its absolutely hilarious. The one thing that surprised me was the Tim Burton was originally signed to do this movie after Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, but once he found out that Scorsese wanted to do it, he respectfully backed out acknowledging that Martin Scorsese is a fucking master. The movie is hilarious and perfect as is, but I wonder just how trippy it would have been with Burton behind the wheel.

Actually I think Burton would do a better job than Scorcese.

Well, After Hours would have been an ideal Burton project; particularly at that point early on in his career. But it would have been difficult to overtop Scorsese’s vision. Either way, it would have been a hilarious movie, though.

The story and performance in After Hours really worked well but the visual style is mediocre.

scorsese did that after his down period (after new york new york and raging bull etc), its his return to the roots so to say.

i really wanna see this

Do any of you know the title of a thriller he made. I think Nick Cage starred in it…I’m not sure, though.

I think the only movie Scorsese made with Cage was “Bringing Out the Dead” but I would hardly call that a thriller. I liked it, but it wasn’t a thriller.

but it was great :wink:

I think snake charmer Ed Gein means Snakes eyes by Depalma.

[quote=“Ed Gein”]
Do any of you know the title of a thriller he made. I think Nick Cage starred in it…I’m not sure, though.
[/quote]

I think you may be referring to RumbleFish. Nick Cage had a brief role. Not even sure if he was creditted for it. Great movie nontheless

Scorsese didn’t make Rumblefish. You’re thinking of Coppola.

Scorsese’s thriller was Cape Fear, with Robert De Niro and Nick Nolte.

After Hours is one of the worst movies that I’ve ever seen. It was boring and unfunny. Nothing like the trailer or the fans made it out to be. Eyes Wide Shut is 100 times better than this.