Actors to appear in GrindHouse

woody harrelson?! where did this little tidbit come from?

[quote=“big man with a gun”]
woody harrelson?! where did this little tidbit come from?
[/quote]

bd

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index. … e=newsfull”>Bloody Disgusting - The best horror movies, news, videos, and podcasts</LINK_TEXT>

even more from bd:

[quote]B-D scooper ‘Toenails’ is back with more Grind House casting news in Austin, Texas where Robert Rodriquez’s ‘Project Terror’ is on hold for a week or so. Joining ‘Terror’ are Jeff Fahey (The Lawnmower Man), Rose McGowan (Scary Movie) and Lucy Lawless (Xena). He also “thinks” Danny Trejo is in one of the ‘trailers’ that will be between the two films and not in any of the films themselves (but nothing is confirmed).

Lucy Lawless. Now it makes sense, Zoe Bell was her stunt double on Xenia…

and dont forget sex machine from the first dusk till dawn movie . he has already agreed to be in it.

The Australian star angle is becoming more prevalent with Death Proof. QT loves Australian Exploitation films, so it makes sense hes bringing in John Jarratt, Zoe Bell and Lucy Lawless to the films. Very cool and interesting!

I remember Jeff Fahey most from Psycho III, one of the many horror films I rented growing up in the 80s.

I bet Danny Trejo is going to be the kickass hero RR mentioned way back in one of the interviews about the Grindhouse trailers. We’ll see…

hehe I remember Fahey from lawnmowerman, which sucked A LOT, hehe.

Trejo rules.

he used Trejo to illustrate his point about High Def on the OUATIM dVD :wink:

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
The Australian star angle is becoming more prevalent with Death Proof. QT loves Australian Exploitation films, so it makes sense hes bringing in John Jarratt, Zoe Bell and Lucy Lawless to the films. Very cool and interesting!
[/quote]

That was back when the Government had all these tax incentives and schemes for funding Australian films. We made a lot of cheap horror, sci-fi and action films.

Lucy Lawless has just posted some information about what she’s up to on her website:

http://www.lucylawlessfanclub.com/

She says:

“Ummm, no I am not in Robert Rodriguez’ movie. Zoe Bell is the star of Quentin’s next movie and they are considering me to play one of her buddies, which of course would be way too much freakin’ fun. Zoe took me out for my birthday in Auckland with all the stunties and we had such a wonderful time, I can’t tell you. If they did want me for the role, it would be up to BSG whether they could let me go. I do have a couple of eps off so it could conceivably happen. But heck, it’s in the lap of the gods.”

Are you sure that’s Lucy Lawless’ official site? I know it says “official” and all, but it looks so amateurish. I understand her salary on Xena wasn’t exactly ground-shattering, but goddamn girl your “official” site sure looks like a piece of shit.

grind house forum added

monica staggs (death proof)

kevin cacy

and

nicky katt

to their confirmed casting list

[quote=“The Seb”]
grind house forum added

monica staggs (death proof)
[/quote]

This gal was Daryl Hannah’s stunt double in Kill Bill. Looks like QT wants to give all his stunt doubles their glorious moment of stardom.

The reasons for the actual stuntpeople being cast is because the film’s story is based around stunt people. I think its a really cool idea.

I keep laughing at all these breaking reports on John Jarratt being in the film.

so you think he’s not?

Haha, I used to watch him on Boston Public…didn’t know it was the same guy

The new Entertainment Weekly has it confirmed that Fergie from Black Eyed Peas is going to be in Planet Terror.

It’s also rumored that actress Cassandra Hepburn is going to be starring in Death Proof.

Fergie? WTF? Thats pretty funny. What is she gonna do? Be the dancing sicko girl?

Nicky Katt always plays assholes in movies. Like the bully in Dazed and Confused and the dude in Boiler Room (pic above).

From <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/20 … ie-is.html”>http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/2006/05/quentin-tarantino-thinks-fergie-is.html</LINK_TEXT>

;D

Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez have teamed up to make the much anticipated horror film, Grind House, but to make sure it’s scary, they’ve announced Fergie (a.k.a. Stacy Ferguson) has joined the cast. In what must be some kind of inside joke between the two directors, they claimed to have hired Fergie to bring “sex appeal” to the movie.

I once won $500 for reciting every scene from Reservoir Dogs with the sound off, so there’s no chance I’m going to bash Tarantino here. Since this is a horror movie and Fergie’s face is a nightmare, I think this is pretty much brilliant casting. Especially if she’s cast as an untalented zombie. Because with zombies, everybody knows you must kill the brain. So if you see Fergie, use your head. Cut off hers.