The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Actors to appear in GrindHouse

So I got to meet Tom Savini today at a Q&A/book signing event which was awesome. Anyway, someone asked him what he was working on now and he said he was going to shoot his scenes for Quentin’s half of Grindhouse on Wednesday and that he is playing a cowboy. If I remember correctly he also said Quentin e-mailed him and told him he was going to have some really good lines and at some point get his head chopped off. It sounds awesome to me. 8)

[quote=“Liz87”]
So I got to meet Tom Savini today at a Q&A/book signing event which was awesome. Anyway, someone asked him what he was working on now and he said he was going to shoot his scenes for Quentin’s half of Grindhouse on Wednesday and that he is playing a cowboy. If I remember correctly he also said Quentin e-mailed him and told him he was going to have some really good lines and at some point get his head chopped off. It sounds awesome to me. 8)
[/quote]

Whoa, Tom Savini in a Tarantino/Rodriguez film would own! He was one of the greatest things about Dusk Till Dawn. How is he gonna play a cowboy in a movie about a killer car though? The only way I see it, he’ll be acting in the “Cowgirls From Sweden” fake trailer.

P.S. Didn’t know QT used e-mails. Matter of fact didn’t know that QT knows what the fuck an internet is.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Whoa, Tom Savini in a Tarantino/Rodriguez film would own! He was one of the greatest things about Dusk Till Dawn. How is he gonna play a cowboy in a movie about a killer car though? The only way I see it, he’ll be acting in the “Cowgirls From Sweden” fake trailer.[/quote]

I think he has a bigger role than just an appearance in a trailer.

Here#s the confirmed cast so far, copied from the other topic:

Death Proof: Mickey Rourke, Zoe Bell

Planet Terror: Alicia Rachel Marek, Tom Savini, Josh Brolin, Nikki Katt, Hung Nguyen, Felix Sabates, Jeff Fahey, Danny Trejo, Dean Fernando, Marley Shelton, Michael Biehn, Freddie Rodriguez

P.S.: I had a conversation with Tom about the set report, which he asked me to take offline and I did, and he made ambigous remarks concerning his character having a crotch-gun or not ::slight_smile:

Arent the Grindhouse trailers going to be shot by guys like Eli Roth and Rob Zombie too?

QT uses email? What the hell? I didnt even know he was on computers. I thought he hated them! He must be starting to surf around online. Hes probably seen this site too! :slight_smile:

re: the fake trailers. qt himself says in this month’s uncut magazine (u.k. music/movies mag) that he’ll '‘be doing a couple, robert rodriguez is doing one, eli roth is doing one and EDGAR WRIGHT, who directed ‘shaun of the dead’ is doing one’.

emails are easy, quentin is not stupid. even if he aint computer savvy, doesnt mean he doesnt know how to send emails

edgar wright? wow

Cool, I loved Shaun of the Dead!

[quote=“MissMia”]
Cool, I loved Shaun of the Dead!
[/quote]
same here. The thing with the trailers sounds really fun.

I am really looking forward to the fake trailers, it is a pretty cool concept.

[quote=“MissMia”]
I am really looking forward to the fake trailers, it is a pretty cool concept.
[/quote]
yeah, every time I talk about Grind House I talk about the fake trailers, haha… Why cant grind house come out tomorrow…? :stuck_out_tongue: ;D

Michael Parks joins the cast

(source: http://cinemawhore.proboards60.com)

i think we all expected that, glad to know it’s official

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
i think we all expected that, glad to know it’s official
[/quote]

yeah it was a foregone announcement :wink:

Woody ‘Freakin’ Harrelson!! hell yeah!! Mickey Knox is tearin shit up! hope he’s workin with QT but he’d make a excellent zombie nether the less!

bd.com

[quote]That would give us a tally of: John Jarrett, Danny Trejo, Alicia Rachel Marek, Tom Savini, Josh Brolin, Dean Fernando, Marley Shelton, Michael Biehn, Mickey Rourke, Zoe Bell, Robert Rodriguez, Michael Parks, Emmy Robbin and Woody Harrelson! Not too shabby!

John Jarrett, Danny Trejo, Alicia Rachel Marek, Tom Savini, Josh Brolin, Dean Fernando, Marley Shelton, Michael Biehn, Mickey Rourke, Zoe Bell, Robert Rodriguez, Michael Parks, Emmy Robbin and Woody Harrelson!

What a great cast! :smiley:

I love John Jarrett.

Yeah, so far the cast is awesome. But I did expect an awesome cast. Directors like Rodriguez and Tarantino can get anyone they want.

It looks like the Dusk Till Dawn cast all over again, plus Beihn, Rourke and some unknowns. I ain’t that big a fan of Woody Harrelson either.

Woody Harrelson? Thats a weird choice. Maybe QTs going to kill him off as payback for being in NBK!!

Michael Parks rules! I watched him in Then Came Bronson, the theatrical movie that preceeded the TV show he was on. He came off like James Dean meets Jack Nicholson in it. No wonder QT is such a big fan of his.

Jonny Deep as a freak out Vampire :wink:

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Woody Harrelson? Thats a weird choice. Maybe QTs going to kill him off as payback for being in NBK!!

Michael Parks rules! I watched him in Then Came Bronson, the theatrical movie that preceeded the TV show he was on. He came off like James Dean meets Jack Nicholson in it. No wonder QT is such a big fan of his.
[/quote]

Parks is awesome. he made FDTD3 worth watching.

quote: “When Gabriel blows his horn, I’ll be playing… the tuba!”