Abel ferrara

Watching King of New York right now. It ranks higher in my personal pantheon than any QT film.How many other hard-core Abel Ferrara fans do we have here?

I’ve been meaning to catch up on a lot more of his other stuff like R Xmas & The Funeral (Addiction is another, and that comes on IFC at the end of the month)

But yeah, I was first familiar with him for King/New York. Then Bad Lt. came out and blew me away. Didn’t get to finish Ms. 45 and Driller Killer has its moments.

Wild guy.

Abel’s the man, Bad Lieutenant is officialy Harvey Keitel’s most badass role, hes the king in that flick, bad fucking ass, and ofcourse Driller Killer, cold blooded classic, got me into the genre, before i saw Driller i thought horror was Halloween III for fuckin christs sake

Only saw Bad Lieutenant. Didn’t like it. Actually I bought it blind on dvd and I still own it. Maybe I should give it another chance.

Definitely do give it another shot. It’s one of the rawest, most devestating movies you’ll ever see. It’s my favorite movie of the 90’s, easy.

definitly and not just for the shock factor, the bottom line of the movie is redemption, if the nun said she didnt forgive the men, Harvey would of killed them, she forgave them, so did he, he did the right thing … did he?

The scene with Christ in the chapel was very powerful. Loved it. But the rest was kinda draggy. There’s a scene where Keitel shoots drugs with some chick. I swear it seemed to last for an eternity. I was like, “Ok, I get the idea he’s taking drugs. Now move on with the damn movie”. The ending was awesome though.

Today’s news:

Cult indie filmmaker Abel Ferrara’s next project will be a prequel to his 1990 crime thriller KING OF NEW YORK, which starred Christopher Walken, says Production Weekly. THE LAST CREW will be set in the 1970s, a time when New York was on the verge of bankruptcy and crime was rampant. During Studio 54’s heyday in early '70s New York, mobster Frank White’s association with President Carter’s chief-of-staff enables Frank to get away with murder: of Vinny, his childhood friend turned loose cannon; Fallon, his model girlfriend-turned Fed; Saiid, a Saudi car importer; and Angel, a drug dealer.

The project will shoot on location in New York at the end of March.

[quote=“Yoshitsune”]
Today’s news:

Cult indie filmmaker Abel Ferrara’s next project will be a prequel to his 1990 crime thriller KING OF NEW YORK, which starred Christopher Walken, says Production Weekly. THE LAST CREW will be set in the 1970s, a time when New York was on the verge of bankruptcy and crime was rampant. During Studio 54’s heyday in early '70s New York, mobster Frank White’s association with President Carter’s chief-of-staff enables Frank to get away with murder: of Vinny, his childhood friend turned loose cannon; Fallon, his model girlfriend-turned Fed; Saiid, a Saudi car importer; and Angel, a drug dealer.

The project will shoot on location in New York at the end of March.
[/quote]

That sounds really good. Who can follow Walken as the young Frank White though? I would think they’d have to cast an unknown.

i love ferrarra, king of new york is probably my favourite.

I bought Bad Lieutenant for 5 bucks on ebay, it was the rated R one. I heard the NC-17 is way better is it?

i love bad lieutenant… king of new york is dope too but besides bad lieutenant i’m into the funeral… it’s an old fashioned gangster-movie but chris penn and chris walken had never been as good as in this movie… it’s wonderful to watch them perform…

I bought King of New York, then sold it. I friggin hated it. Some of the weirdest/worst acting I’ve ever seen.

i did some great stuff but totally lost it. i met him once and spent an afternoon with him then i had the huge privilege to yell at him and send him to fuck off then he left a 10-minutes long message on my answering machine. i will forgive him as soon as he does a good film again… ;D

btw: how’s go go tales? heard it’s extremly weak but haven’t seen it yet…

it’s not good…