A Double Feature to End All Double Features!

i didn’t really know where to put this, so when one of the mods finds it, feel free to move it. (this is the 2nd place it’s been :wink:)

look what’s coming to Region 1 DVD on November 9th:

a double feature to end all double features!!!

ZATOICHI AND SONATINE!!!

Heard about that a while back. Hopefully Sonatine will be in widescreen this time, unlike the previous shitty Miramax release of it

yeah, i know. the first (and only) DVD release was full screen. it’s out of print now anyway. the only way to get it is by getting a region 0 off of ebay.

can’t wait for this one.

I’VE GOTTA SEE SONATINE!! >:(

I already have both on DVD. Zatoichi I own the HK version, very good one in perfect technical quality. And from Sonatine I also have the HK one which is also very good in sound and picture, so I dont need this double feature, but it looks nice.

if you’re able to buy from asianfilmnetwork.com ( a german dvd manufacturer) get sonatine there, its even ANAMORPHIC.

i try to find out if this release is the old miramax sonatine or some kind of new one (i doubt it)

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]
if you’re able to buy from asianfilmnetwork.com ( a german dvd manufacturer) get sonatine there, its even ANAMORPHIC.

i try to find out if this release is the old miramax sonatine or some kind of new one (i doubt it)
[/quote]

Well, I can really recommend the HK release, so go get it fellas!

[quote=“Grindhouse-Ezekiel”]
[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]

[/quote]

Well, I can really recommend the HK release, so go get it fellas!
[/quote]
The HK release ist badly subtitled and the picture is cropped. ::slight_smile:

The german DVD by afn is even worse in terms of subtitling and - in contradiction to what is stated above - not anamorphic.

Yeah, I was about to say…HK releases tend to be pretty shitty. (and cheap)

Well, I am not that tech-freak and I dig my HK DVD :wink:

i just picked this up and Sonatine IS widescreen. ;D

what you think of the movies, Shep?

i haven’t watched Zatoichi yet, but i thought Sonatine was great.

the one scene where he plays russian roulette on the beach was cool. ;D

i gotta see Zatoichi now…

a review of this double feature!

<LINK_TEXT text=“DVD, Blu-ray Reviews and News | DVDFile … ne_df.html”>DVD, Blu-ray Reviews and News | DVDFile</LINK_TEXT>