A 2004 cellphone in a 70s movie

;D ;D ;D

I bet QT never thought that Jules’ Jheri Curl wig would engender so much heated discussion.

;D ;D ;D

Just to end this stupid argument - the car that the Wolf drives is an Acura NSX - Honda NSX - Wikipedia - which wasn’t made until 1990. In Death Proof, there are all kinds of modern cars in the parking lot as well - I think I recall seeing a Ford Explorer - let’s not forget about “this month’s issue of Itallian Vogue” - don’t think that those are from the 70’s either.

Can we argue about something more important?

Theres a movie marquee in Death Proof that reads WOLF CREEK AND SCARY MOVIE 4. Its taking place in 2006-07. And yes there are people who like 70s muscle cars and older ones that own them. Just because a guy drives a 1970 Chevy Nova doesnt mean he has to live in the 1970s. Jeeez.

Pulp Fiction obviously takes place in LA in the early 90s when QT wrote the script.

but just for the sake of LOGIC we can make these points:

1. It is a certainty that the Acura NSX was made post 1990
  2. Dating a movie according to an actor’s hairstyle is not only vague - it is completely retarded
  3. Posting a thread saying that a 2004 phone is used in a 1970’s movie is not only retarded…it’s fucktarded.

ya’ll have a nice weekend.

GUYS. This is, c’mon! One item that tells you the film was made for that time. VINCENT’S CELL PHONE. It’s a 93-94 model. Case closed.

It is not very clear.

phone number

i thought the movie belong our times.

who said the movie belongs to 70’s?

prove it!

Deathproof takes place in present time. Just because you see 69 charger,70 nova and hear some golden oldies doesnt mean it takes place in the 70s.

[quote=“me”]
Deathproof takes place in present time. Just because you see 69 charger,70 nova and hear some golden oldies doesnt mean it takes place in the 70s.
[/quote]

yeah, bundy right!

There are extreme close-ups of Jungle Julia text-messaging someone 2-3 times in the movie. They are literally shots where the entire view is taken up with a cell phone screen – you can’t possibly miss it.

Also other stuff that says it’s not the 70s: the one girl listens to an MP3 player. Abby says she has to hit up an ATM machine. Every car on the road is from later than the 70s, etc. As well as all the stuff others have said in this thread. It’s actually quite amazing that someone could watch the movie and come out thinking it’s supposed to be set in the 70s. I mean, how many movies have text-messaging as plot points?

Yeah, we’ve already beat that horse to death. Thanks for that though.

You mean to tell me I wasn’t watching a “Last Action Hero” type movie where Stuntman Mike jumped out of the 70’s movie and into present day? ;D