3:10 to Yuma

You mean techinacally? You just didn’t like how it was directed. I really look more into the story which was superbly written, I really didn’t have a problem how the movie was directed, it worked all the way through with me. But everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. Maybe it was extra good, cause I haven’t really seen a good movie all summer long, a bunch of shitty comedies flooding the theatres.

i thought the direction was workmanlike at best but I think the film lacked a certain emotional kick at the end. The lack of attachment to Christian Bale’s character (or his son) was a problem for me, This combined with the direction didnt really work for me.

It seemed to me that James Mangold was unsure of what tone the film should have and that he expected the ending the give the film some sort of powerful elegaic quality but that just didnt happen for me anyway. Not a bad movie though by any means ,I’m just a little disappointed by it.

I thought it was great, I liked Mangold’s direction…really there isn’t much (or anything) I don’t like about it.