25 Most Awesome Horror Kills

Found this nice video, made me smile a bit :slight_smile:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Animation, Celebrity News, Cartoons, Games, Personality Quiz | Liquid Generation … ror_Kills/”>Animation, Celebrity News, Cartoons, Games, Personality Quiz | Liquid Generation</LINK_TEXT>

Didn’t know all the movies though.

Hope you enjoy.

Good, but there is one classic scene it is missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

Not really a kill, but awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4

[quote=“G”]
Not really a kill, but awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4
[/quote]

Always so funny :smiley:

[quote=“jonitapani”]
Always so funny :smiley:
[/quote]

Yes it is.

Was very nice to see John Morghen’s drill to the head scene from City of the Living Dead ranked so high, I was sure they weren’t going to list it.

Overall a decent list, but a lot 80’s slashers that I wouldn’t probably list.

Pretty sure I haven’t seen even one of those films. n°4 was the shit!

Bonus round:

Can anyone name the movies listed?

[quote=“ThaDuke”]Bonus round:

Can anyone name the movies listed?[/quote]
From watching the video and just listing them out, here you go:

25 - Chopping Mall

24 - Friday the 13th

23 - The Beyond

22 - House of Wax

21 - A Nightmare on Elm Street

20 - Dario Argento’s Opera

19 - Brain Damage

18 - The Evil Dead

17 - Friday the 13th: Part V

16 - Day of the Dead

15 - Army of Darkness

14 - A Nightmare on Elm Street

13 - Final Destination 2

12 - The Thing

11 - Suspiria

10 - Ichi the Killer

09 - Zombie

08 - Dario Argento’s Opera (or was that Stendhal Syndrome? Whichever one had Asia staying with her friend in that apartment while hiding from a killer… come to think of it, I think it was Stendhal Syndrome)

07 - The Evil Dead

06 - Scanners

05 - Jason X

04 - Gremlins

03 - Return of the Living Dead

02 - City of the Living Dead

01 - Killer Klowns From Outer Space

How can you even remember all that? My brain doesn’t work that well.

I’ve seen Gremlins, I did…I didn’t even remember there was that old lady in it.

And “Killer Klowns From Outer Space” = cool title

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]How can you even remember all that? My brain doesn’t work that well.

I’ve seen Gremlins, I did…I didn’t even remember there was that old lady in it.

And “Killer Klowns From Outer Space” = cool title[/quote]
A lot of that stuff is on the more obvious side of things. I’ve seen most of them many times, I’ve seen the first 9 Friday the 13th flicks probably a dozen times a piece - so I can remember each films plotline off the top of my head, same thing for the Nightmare series. I haven’t even actually seen Chopping Mall or the House of Wax remake though, but the first has a clip of a girl getting her head blown up in a shopping mall by a robot - which limits the list of flicks that can be down to about one ;D Then I saw Paris Hilton getting torpedoed with that pipe through the head and knew what that was from hearing about it from others. The rest of the flicks are all classics.

So yeah, anything from that list you haven’t seen - get to it! ;D

[quote=“pantsman”]
So yeah, anything from that list you haven’t seen - get to it! ;D[/quote]

I think the only one I haven’t seen from that list is Dario Argento’s Opera, though because I heard it was bad, really really bad, as in sucks. :smiley:

Shit, am I the only uneducated guy when it comes to horror in here? I feel bad with myself now. Gremlins really is the only movie of that list that I’ve seen…:’(

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Shit, am I the only uneducated guy when it comes to horror in here? I feel bad with myself now. Gremlins really is the only movie of that list that I’ve seen…:’([/quote]

Not even the GREAT Bruce Campbell's Evil Dead movies? Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness? Awesome films.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Shit, am I the only uneducated guy when it comes to horror in here? I feel bad with myself now. Gremlins really is the only movie of that list that I’ve seen…:’([/quote]

Wow you have only ever seen Gremlins when it comes to horror? Thats not very manly.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]Shit, am I the only uneducated guy when it comes to horror in here? I feel bad with myself now. Gremlins really is the only movie of that list that I’ve seen…:’([/quote]

Wow you have only ever seen Gremlins when it comes to horror? Thats not very manly.[/quote]

I mean, from that list, yes. I’ve seen quite a few horror flicks but they were more the mainstream kind of movies than the ones on that video.

[quote=“G”][quote=“pantsman”]
So yeah, anything from that list you haven’t seen - get to it! ;D[/quote]

I think the only one I haven’t seen from that list is Dario Argento’s Opera, though because I heard it was bad, really really bad, as in sucks. :smiley:[/quote]
You’re probably thinking of Terror At the Opera, which I’ve put off for the very same reasons. Opera however is Argento at his very best in my opinion. Absolutely amazing camera work in the film, operatic at almost every moment and truly some of his most innovative stuff and one of his last “greats”.

You can always fix that :wink: Horror cinema was my gateway drug for everything else. If it wasn’t for The Evil Dead, I’d have never seen Bande à part or Le samouraï.

[quote=“pantsman”]
You’re probably thinking of Terror At the Opera, which I’ve put off for the very same reasons. Opera however is Argento at his very best in my opinion. Absolutely amazing camera work in the film, operatic at almost every moment and truly some of his most innovative stuff and one of his last “greats”.

You can always fix that :wink: Horror cinema was my gateway drug for everything else. If it wasn’t for The Evil Dead, I’d have never seen Bande à part or Le samouraï.[/quote]

I didn’t know Argento had 2 films with Opera in the title, thanks, have to check it out then.

How did you get to Evil Dead to Godard’s Band of Outsiders?

[quote=“G”]I didn’t know Argento had 2 films with Opera in the title, thanks, have to check it out then.

How did you get to Evil Dead to Godard’s Band of Outsiders?[/quote]
The Evil Dead was the first film that I ever looked at as a piece of art. The first film that made me sit back and notice the way that Sam Raimi used the camera, the way the sound FX were completely unworldly and even made me sit back and wonder how they made the special effects. Despite being a campy horror, it’s also a cinematic tour de force in breaking convention. That’s what lit my fuse, from there it was all about finding more and discovering the genre. The internet lead me to Lucio Fulci, Lucio Fulci caused me to discover that a guy like Tarantino was just as big a fan of movies as I am and then this site as well as others talking on similar subjects lead me to Godard. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell ;D

[quote=“pantsman”][quote=“G”]I didn’t know Argento had 2 films with Opera in the title, thanks, have to check it out then.

How did you get to Evil Dead to Godard’s Band of Outsiders?[/quote]
The Evil Dead was the first film that I ever looked at as a piece of art. The first film that made me sit back and notice the way that Sam Raimi used the camera, the way the sound FX were completely unworldly and even made me sit back and wonder how they made the special effects. Despite being a campy horror, it’s also a cinematic tour de force in breaking convention. That’s what lit my fuse, from there it was all about finding more and discovering the genre. The internet lead me to Lucio Fulci, Lucio Fulci caused me to discover that a guy like Tarantino was just as big a fan of movies as I am and then this site as well as others talking on similar subjects lead me to Godard. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell ;D[/quote]

Awesome. Come to think about it, I prob did a similar thing. We all start somewhere, and Bruce Campbell was always the F'n man.