Killing Zoe

All other Tarantino films, his cameos, TV cameos, general discussions about music and DVD - check out the child boards!
The Shepherd
Real McCoy

Killing Zoe

Post by The Shepherd » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:57 am

has anyone seen this movie?
I know QT didn't write it or direct it, but he did produce it and i know that roger avary wrote/directed it. i am curious to see if this movie was any good.
opinions??
???

Bullet

Re: Killing Zoe

Post by Bullet » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:53 am

HOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT ISN'T. A pointless violence induced heist and a slow boring follow up to it. Roget Avary was just trying to live up too Reservoir dogs

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:25 pm

the only thing Tarantino did, was help his buddy to come up with the financial stuff. he only produced it and as we know, producers usually don't have anything to to with the film itself

Starkey
Real McCoy

Post by Starkey » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:02 am

I actually liked this movie. I bought it and am happy I did.
NEW DRHOMEALONE BANNER!!!

Puck

Post by Puck » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:55 am

Killing Zoe is cool in a gritty, independent film kinda way, but its not great nor is it really worth watching more than maybe two or three times.

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:41 am

Gritty? They pointlessly shoot people in the end heist with no twists or anything. Perhaps I was being too harsh because it was Roger Avary's first but I really didn't find it good.

Titty_Twister

Post by Titty_Twister » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:52 pm

I was amused by this movie. It was pretty brutal and I looooove Julie Delpy  :-*.

Vince Vega
Fucking Professional

Post by Vince Vega » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:21 pm

HOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT ISN'T. A pointless violence induced heist and a slow boring follow up to it. Roget Avary was just trying to live up too Reservoir dogs
Damn, I just bought it, well, I'm gonna watch the movie and i will say what I think of it.

Vince Vega
Fucking Professional

Post by Vince Vega » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:01 pm

I enjoyed watching it, it wasn't that bad.

The Shepherd
Real McCoy

Post by The Shepherd » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:18 pm

since starting this topic, i too have seen it.
not bad, but............................not too good.
just ok.
i read that avary wrote the script in a week or something and you can tell he wrote it quickly. some parts are just wretched.
Last edited by The Shepherd on Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

herbduck

Post by herbduck » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:33 am

I reeeeeally enjoyed it the first time i saw it. It was one of my favorites for a while. Definitely entertaining, but I don't like it as much anymore... same way with True Romance...

Buddy_Holly

Post by Buddy_Holly » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:32 pm

The best part in that flick was Ron Jeremy gettting blasted in the gut

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:34 am

I have to check out this film, violence I can deal with.  8)

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:18 pm

I can only find the VHS version, has it been released on DVD?

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:08 pm

I liked the film! Eric was such a great anti-hero, on par with someone like Kakihara.
I felt that the film could have done with a more original ending, I think it shared the same ending with Dog Day Afternoon (can't remember.)

Anyone see the 3 second cameo of Ron Jeremy? Lol

itu

Post by itu » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:59 pm

its a strange film, the first half is boring and slow, the second half has more action and enjoys more

Paul16V

Post by Paul16V » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:37 am

I need to confess... i was in the DVD-Store.. and they fooled me. I bought it because it say "A QT movie" o.s.l.d.

I watched it and it's nice, but the upcoming 3 years i won't watch it again. Like they sayd. He produced the movie. that's it.

;D

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:29 pm

i saw it on dvd in the store the other day with a bigass QT sticker on it, it looked cool but i bought True Romance instead

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:23 pm

i saw it on dvd in the store the other day with a bigass QT sticker on it, it looked cool but i bought True Romance instead
good choice ;-)

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:15 pm

It's funny how Avary is still riding on Quentin's vehicle to earn a living.  :D

B_Rocka

Post by B_Rocka » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:08 am

Call me crazy, but i thought this film was pretty sick. I liked it a lot. Especially near the end when the guy takes on all the cops by himself. He goes out in a blaze of bullets. That's the ultimate way 2 go. i was gonna buy this but then i was at this store in NYC, and they had a 3 DVD Region 3 import from Germany. Shit was amazing. I read up a little bit on the internet. It has all kinds of documentaries and commentaries. Bets of all, everything is in English. The online place online i found 2 buy it was e-bay. It was going for $60! It a nice set but im not tryin 2 put put that much out for it. If anybody has this set and is willing 2 part with it or knows where i can get it at a decent price, let me know.

CPS
Fucking Professional

Post by CPS » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:29 am

A german 3 DVD Set?
Can you give me some informationn?
I know this one - but it is a 2 DVD set:
http://shop.haluter.de/popup_image.php/pID/1715

and a 3 DVD set from France:
Metropolitan (Coffret Collector 3 DVD)
1) theatre version & Trailer
2) director´s cut & story board
3) Making Of: "Shooting Zoe" (59 Min.)
- Featurette with Behind-the-Scenes Material & Interviews (10 Min.)
- 3 Deleted Scenes
- Trailer eng. / french
- Interviews
- Filmografien
- Fotogalery

Would be nice to hear more about the version you saw.
Last edited by CPS on Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
DREAM AS IF YOU`LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS IF YOU`LL DIE TODAY
Scarface: Don't go all Sigmund Freud on my ass.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:06 am

Call me crazy, but i thought this film was pretty sick. I liked it a lot. Especially near the end when the guy takes on all the cops by himself. He goes out in a blaze of bullets. That's the ultimate way 2 go. i was gonna buy this but then i was at this store in NYC, and they had a 3 DVD Region 3 import from Germany. Shit was amazing. I read up a little bit on the internet. It has all kinds of documentaries and commentaries. Bets of all, everything is in English. The online place online i found 2 buy it was e-bay. It was going for $60! It a nice set but im not tryin 2 put put that much out for it. If anybody has this set and is willing 2 part with it or knows where i can get it at a decent price, let me know.

1) region 3 is not Germany
2) a 3-disc set is available in France (also NBK), not Germany

B_Rocka

Post by B_Rocka » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:35 am

Yeh, I'm wrong. It's actually from France. The only thing I have on the set is an old e-bay link. I can post that, since its all i have at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 29643&rd=1

B_Rocka

Post by B_Rocka » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:53 am

That's not the case here. If you click on the link, it lists some of the special features. It says this version contains the EXCLUSIVE DIRECTOR'S CUT OF THE FILM AND EXCLUSIVE DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY OF THE FILM!!! There's def a lot in the set. I mean its no LOTR Extended DVD's but it has its moments. Also, if you click on the "View sellers other items" button on ebay page, the last item is the Killing Zoe 3 Disc version. It's like $64 to buy, if ur willing to pay it then u can get it. Any real fan of this film should look into picking this up.

CPS
Fucking Professional

Post by CPS » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:09 am

the directors cut in only 157 sec longer

B_Rocka

Post by B_Rocka » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:15 pm

the directors cut in only 157 sec longer
Thats enough for me. I have a sickness. I have to own the best possible version of the movie. If I get a movie that i like, and then later on down the line a newer better version comes out. I break down and buy. That 157 seconds is prolly stuff they had 2 cut out 2 get an R-Rating. The movie was pretty bloody and brutal. So I can only imagine whats in that lost 157 seconds of footage.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:55 pm

from Roger Avary:

Q: Where can I buy the "Killing Zoe" DVD?
A: Artisan Entertainment quietly released "Killing Zoe" on DVD on August 15th, 2000. This release will not be, as previously thought, the director's cut. An entanglement between the film's producer, Samuel Hadida, and Artisan has prevented that version from being released -- for now. The Artisan "Killing Zoe" R-rated DVD includes a beautiful new 1.85:1 letterboxed transfer, a crummy pan & scan theatrical trailer, production notes, and biographies. You can buy the DVD from Amazon.com.

Q: But I want the Director's Cut of "Killing Zoe" on DVD!
A: French producer Samuel Hadida is currently preparing to release the "Killing Zoe" Director's Cut DVD in France through his distribution company Metropolitan FilmExport. I have not heard plans about a U.S. release, but I am hopeful. If you like, email the muckity-mucks at Artisan Home Video and tell them that you heard of it's coming availability in Europe, and you want them to release it here in Region 1.

CPS
Fucking Professional

Post by CPS » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:19 pm

Thats enough for me. I have a sickness. I have to own the best possible version of the movie. If I get a movie that i like, and then later on down the line a newer better version comes out. I break down and buy. That 157 seconds is prolly stuff they had 2 cut out 2 get an R-Rating. The movie was pretty bloody and brutal. So I can only imagine whats in that lost 157 seconds of footage.

well, it is the same for me, i normally try to get the longer uncut version. That´s for sure.
And yes 157 sec is a long time. But if you see both version, you see that there is not that big deal. The directors cut has some (not much) scence where you can see some more details of violence (the shooting of Eric for instance).
If you have a chance to get this 3 DVD version - you should try, but you must not be sad, if you only have the 2 DVD set.

Anyway, I think about buying the french set (Yes by using the Amazon link  ;D ;D ;D). But these days, I have too many other movies to buy.... So maybe in 2 or 3 month.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:30 pm

the french 3-disc SE is produced by Sam Hadida, so its basically more than just a special version of a dvd company, and Sam Hadida is actually a frenchman