Killing Zoe

Call me crazy, but i thought this film was pretty sick. I liked it a lot. Especially near the end when the guy takes on all the cops by himself. He goes out in a blaze of bullets. That’s the ultimate way 2 go. i was gonna buy this but then i was at this store in NYC, and they had a 3 DVD Region 3 import from Germany. Shit was amazing. I read up a little bit on the internet. It has all kinds of documentaries and commentaries. Bets of all, everything is in English. The online place online i found 2 buy it was e-bay. It was going for $60! It a nice set but im not tryin 2 put put that much out for it. If anybody has this set and is willing 2 part with it or knows where i can get it at a decent price, let me know.

A german 3 DVD Set?

Can you give me some informationn?

I know this one - but it is a 2 DVD set:

haluter.de - This website is for sale! - haluter Resources and Information.

and a 3 DVD set from France:

Metropolitan (Coffret Collector 3 DVD)

1. theatre version & Trailer
  2. director´s cut & story board
  3. Making Of: “Shooting Zoe” (59 Min.)
  • Featurette with Behind-the-Scenes Material & Interviews (10 Min.)
  • 3 Deleted Scenes
  • Trailer eng. / french
  • Interviews
  • Filmografien
  • Fotogalery

Would be nice to hear more about the version you saw.

[quote]Call me crazy, but i thought this film was pretty sick. I liked it a lot. Especially near the end when the guy takes on all the cops by himself. He goes out in a blaze of bullets. That’s the ultimate way 2 go. i was gonna buy this but then i was at this store in NYC, and they had a 3 DVD Region 3 import from Germany. Shit was amazing. I read up a little bit on the internet. It has all kinds of documentaries and commentaries. Bets of all, everything is in English. The online place online i found 2 buy it was e-bay. It was going for $60! It a nice set but im not tryin 2 put put that much out for it. If anybody has this set and is willing 2 part with it or knows where i can get it at a decent price, let me know.[/quote]

1) region 3 is not Germany
2) a 3-disc set is available in France (also NBK), not Germany

Yeh, I’m wrong. It’s actually from France. The only thing I have on the set is an old e-bay link. I can post that, since its all i have at the moment.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 29643&rd=1”>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2296&item=6308529643&rd=1</LINK_TEXT>

That’s not the case here. If you click on the link, it lists some of the special features. It says this version contains the EXCLUSIVE DIRECTOR’S CUT OF THE FILM AND EXCLUSIVE DIRECTOR’S COMMENTARY OF THE FILM!!! There’s def a lot in the set. I mean its no LOTR Extended DVD’s but it has its moments. Also, if you click on the “View sellers other items” button on ebay page, the last item is the Killing Zoe 3 Disc version. It’s like $64 to buy, if ur willing to pay it then u can get it. Any real fan of this film should look into picking this up.

the directors cut in only 157 sec longer

[quote]the directors cut in only 157 sec longer[/quote]

Thats enough for me. I have a sickness. I have to own the best possible version of the movie. If I get a movie that i like, and then later on down the line a newer better version comes out. I break down and buy. That 157 seconds is prolly stuff they had 2 cut out 2 get an R-Rating. The movie was pretty bloody and brutal. So I can only imagine whats in that lost 157 seconds of footage.

from Roger Avary:

Q: Where can I buy the “Killing Zoe” DVD?

A: Artisan Entertainment quietly released “Killing Zoe” on DVD on August 15th, 2000. This release will not be, as previously thought, the director’s cut. An entanglement between the film’s producer, Samuel Hadida, and Artisan has prevented that version from being released – for now. The Artisan “Killing Zoe” R-rated DVD includes a beautiful new 1.85:1 letterboxed transfer, a crummy pan & scan theatrical trailer, production notes, and biographies. You can buy the DVD from Amazon.com.

Q: But I want the Director’s Cut of “Killing Zoe” on DVD!

A: French producer Samuel Hadida is currently preparing to release the “Killing Zoe” Director’s Cut DVD in France through his distribution company Metropolitan FilmExport. I have not heard plans about a U.S. release, but I am hopeful. If you like, email the muckity-mucks at Artisan Home Video and tell them that you heard of it’s coming availability in Europe, and you want them to release it here in Region 1.

[quote]

Thats enough for me. I have a sickness. I have to own the best possible version of the movie. If I get a movie that i like, and then later on down the line a newer better version comes out. I break down and buy. That 157 seconds is prolly stuff they had 2 cut out 2 get an R-Rating. The movie was pretty bloody and brutal. So I can only imagine whats in that lost 157 seconds of footage.[/quote]

well, it is the same for me, i normally try to get the longer uncut version. That´s for sure.
And yes 157 sec is a long time. But if you see both version, you see that there is not that big deal. The directors cut has some (not much) scence where you can see some more details of violence (the shooting of Eric for instance).
If you have a chance to get this 3 DVD version - you should try, but you must not be sad, if you only have the 2 DVD set.

Anyway, I think about buying the french set (Yes by using the Amazon link ;D ;D ;D). But these days, I have too many other movies to buy.... So maybe in 2 or 3 month.

the french 3-disc SE is produced by Sam Hadida, so its basically more than just a special version of a dvd company, and Sam Hadida is actually a frenchman

[quote]from Roger Avary:

Q: Where can I buy the “Killing Zoe” DVD?

A: Artisan Entertainment quietly released “Killing Zoe” on DVD on August 15th, 2000. This release will not be, as previously thought, the director’s cut. An entanglement between the film’s producer, Samuel Hadida, and Artisan has prevented that version from being released – for now. The Artisan “Killing Zoe” R-rated DVD includes a beautiful new 1.85:1 letterboxed transfer, a crummy pan & scan theatrical trailer, production notes, and biographies. You can buy the DVD from Amazon.com.

Q: But I want the Director’s Cut of “Killing Zoe” on DVD!

A: French producer Samuel Hadida is currently preparing to release the “Killing Zoe” Director’s Cut DVD in France through his distribution company Metropolitan FilmExport. I have not heard plans about a U.S. release, but I am hopeful. If you like, email the muckity-mucks at Artisan Home Video and tell them that you heard of it’s coming availability in Europe, and you want them to release it here in Region 1.[/quote]

I say everybody who wants to get this DVD released in America or any other country other than France, should try to e-mail Artisan. I know I will at least send an email. I mean damn you never know. With Quentin Tarantino being bigger then ever right now, all they would have to do is slap his name on the cover and that bitch would sell. I really would like to see a nice version of this film come out here in the US. Im saying, even a 2 disc version with the director’s cut, commentary track, and some new documentaries would be good enough for me. Its not like I want a 10 DVD set of Killing Zoe. I just feel that this movie deserves better then the piece of shit 1 disc edition they gave us. Like it or not, its an inventive movie and I won’t be happy until I have some kind of Director’s Cut in my hand. I’ll look around for the Artisan email address. Then I’ll post it if anybody else wants to try their luck.

Bexi asked:

Is this pissing anybody else off? It’s getting right on my tits!

In all the adverts I see for this film they say that it’s from Quentin Tarantino! What the fuck does Quentin have to do with this film?

There was a quote above the advert from a review and it said something like ‘This is pure Tarantino’!

His names on the poster about 10 times, yet he’s not in the credits, so can anybody explain this please?

Please give her some information.Thanx

He only produced it, he had nothing else to do with the movie.

Then why is his name plastered all over the posters?

'From the director of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino’

Bexi is confuddled :-/ .

actually Quentin and Lawrence Bender “executive” produced it, the main producers are Becka Boss and Samuel Hadida

Quentin has very very little to do with it

[quote]Then why is his name plastered all over the posters?

'From the director of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino’

Bexi is confuddled  :-/ .[/quote]

if Quentin Tarantino had something to do with my movie you can bet your tits that i’ll have his name all over the posters and cover too 8)

[quote] Samuel Hadida
[/quote]

Is that the guy who bought the script or something from Tarantino which he mentions in the True Romance commentary??

I don’t know, all i know is that he produced True Romance with a bunch of other guys

[quote]

Is that the guy who bought the script or something from Tarantino which he mentions in the True Romance commentary??
[/quote]

YES that is him. french movie producer. he recently released the Director’s Cut of Killing Zoe in france, you can buy that at our online store from amazon.fr

Julie Delpy is really hot.