HELL RIDE

All other Tarantino films, his cameos, TV cameos, general discussions about music and DVD - check out the child boards!
Sylvia
Fucking Professional

Re: HELL RIDE

Post by Sylvia » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:39 pm

I noticed something weird in the plot...maybe somebody could answear to my question:

SPOILER

The kid in the 1976 flashback is Comanche, right? He looks like he's about 10 years old to me.
It means Comanche was born in 1966? In 2008 he's 42? He looks way younger....

Yasmin

Post by Yasmin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 pm

Reading Seb's review and seeing the pictures... just confirms to me what I think of this 'project'. It looks like a waste of time.

Larry Bishop looks older than my granddad and he's been dead five years, and to see him in sex scenes with women young enough to be his great-grandchildren makes my sin crawl. Seriously, how big headed is this guy that he writes himself the lead role who gets to screw all the young women? And as for the dialogue, it looks like he's tried way too hard to write like a certain Mr. Tarantino.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Yasmin why do you have to be such a negative creep?

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:08 pm

I dont respect you at all. You have to earn my respect and you havent done that whatsoever.

The fact is ALL you say is negative things. You ARE a negative person. Thats why I  made that statement. Youre one big downer. You have no proof to prove me wrong. I dont think youve ever said anything positive about something. It just gets fuckin old to come in here and have to be subjected to that every damn day.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Yasmin wrote: Seriously, how big headed is this guy that he writes himself the lead role who gets to screw all the young women? And as for the dialogue, it looks like he's tried way too hard to write like a certain Mr. Tarantino.
have you seen the movie? I don't think he "screws" more than 2 women, and there are no real sex scenes in the film. the dialogues are kinda cool, but the whole film's writing is a bit shoddy. I agree that he probably shouldn't have the starring role, but at least I'm saying this having actually seen the film

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Seb: Yasmin just wants to knock something like usual. It has nothing to do with the film.

Yasmin

Post by Yasmin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:07 pm

Sebastian wrote: have you seen the movie? I don't think he "screws" more than 2 women, and there are no real sex scenes in the film. the dialogues are kinda cool, but the whole film's writing is a bit shoddy. I agree that he probably shouldn't have the starring role, but at least I'm saying this having actually seen the film
I had no desire to watch the whole film, I've seen a few clips here and there, watched a couple of scenes. I got the gist of it with your review. Maybe it's because I'm female. I'm not really interested in movies laced with naked women. I think that is one of the reasons I love Tarantino movies. He might have grown up and enjoyed that kind of genre, but it's not an element he's added to his own movie.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Yasmin wrote: Maybe it's because I'm female. I'm not really interested in movies laced with naked women.

ok. but there's a lesbian in every woman. i know that for a fact  ;D

Yasmin

Post by Yasmin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:33 pm

My boyfriend tries to convince me of the same thing... he hasn't persuaded me, and neither will you :D

Even so, I'm not stuck on movies with sex scenes running through them. I think they're good when they move a story along but if they're just random, then I just lose interest.

redragon
Cowardly Lion

Post by redragon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:02 am

This seems to be getting waaaay to serious a conversation over a B grade biker flick. Though I will say that I enjoyed the movie a lot. I like it for what it was...a B film. Also I know several women who have seen it and enjoyed it as much as I did.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:50 pm

looks like there will not be a soundtrack release

I have enriched the tracklist with lots of links

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph ... soundtrack

enjoy. i love the soundtrack

pantsman
Basterd

Post by pantsman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:41 am

Just finished watching the movie, then read a few comments on IMDB... wow! Does the movie try a little too hard? Sure, but I have seen FAR worse attempts. Does the dialogue get a little convoluted? Absolutely. Was it a very, very cool friggin' movie? My vote is going in the YES department. I had such a good time with the movie, I don't see how anyone could have had such negative feelings towards it. It's so out there on a different level of reality, I simply let my brain take a backseat and enjoyed all the entertainment the film provided. I'll be giving the film some more thought tomorrow, but I don't see myself changing my mind. I liked it, shoot me :)

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:13 am

but wouldn't you agree it would've been a better movie had they made it only 20 or so mintues longer? it's over so fast and there's so much about the characters that should've been elaborated on. especially Nada's character, oh how I would elaborate on her ;-)

redragon
Cowardly Lion

Post by redragon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:03 am

Wouldn't we all like to elaborate on her Sebastian. Wouldn't we all. LOL. Seriously though I totally agree with everything pantsman had to say. 100%

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:06 pm

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:05 pm

PutneySwope wrote: I dont respect you at all. You have to earn my respect and you havent done that whatsoever.

The fact is ALL you say is negative things. You ARE a negative person. Thats why I  made that statement. Youre one big downer. You have no proof to prove me wrong. I dont think youve ever said anything positive about something. It just gets fuckin old to come in here and have to be subjected to that every damn day.
I hate to interfere...but there's a "G" at the end of "fuckin"

Z is dead
Cowardly Lion

Post by Z is dead » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi friends, can you help me about this? : what is that song in the hell ride's bedroom sequenc? and a link for download, plaeas!

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Maria's Theme by Barbara Kelly most likely

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:38 am

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Watched it last night. It was....interesting. The movie never got dull, but some of the dialogue in there was pretty bad. But some of it was funny and cool too. Larry Bishop tried to make an existential biker/western, kind of blurring the line between art and the usual violent style these films have. Theres lots of editing and narrative structure tricks and that kind of stuff. Leones spaghetti westerns were a big influence. I think QTs style was too. As far as hot babes, this film has alot of T&A and all the women are smokin. The story itself was all over the place and kind of tough to follow, but by the end I figured it out. The soundtrack was another plus, it was made up of alot of old 60s biker film scores from Hells Belles etc. That was a nice touch and filled in any gaps. Overall, Id say it was an entertaining modern biker B-movie with all the main ingredients (Bikers, Beer & Booty) but still its not really a film Id want to watch again anytime soon because it was so great.

Listened to the commentary with Larry and his DP, that was fun. QT really inspired Larry on this project, thats for sure. He never wouldve made this if he hadnt talked to QT.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:19 pm

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Wow.  It's in German. 
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:52 pm

amazing isn't it, haha. i posted that on the german ebay though... it's a region 2 pal disc, as an american you'd want the US dvd anyway, because of the extras

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Yes.  I didn't know what it was, so had to look.  Your DVD doesn't have extras?
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:40 pm

I have the american one too, that's why I'm selling this one, which I imported from sweden (it was released weeks before the US disc)

grimstonenin
Cowardly Lion

Post by grimstonenin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:35 am

Hello,
Can anyone here pls tell me what is the name of the first song in Hell Ride? The one where you see what happened "32 years ago", when The Deuce and Billy wings kill Cherokee Kissum and Comanche runs off on his bike. I am absolutely in love with that song and need to have it. If you could also provide me with a place to get it from I would be eternally grateful.

Thx.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:54 am

can you say some of the lyrics, I dont have the dvd handy right now. i'm sure i know which song though... can you desscribe it?

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:28 pm

Sebastian wrote: can you say some of the lyrics, I dont have the dvd handy right now. i'm sure i know which song though... can you desscribe it?
No lyrics, just like a western-ish song with guitars, very little drums, kind of slow, kind of sad :p
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

grimstonenin
Cowardly Lion

Post by grimstonenin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:48 pm

RatQuiRit wrote: No lyrics, just like a western-ish song with guitars, very little drums, kind of slow, kind of sad :p
Precisely. The movie starts off with Pistolero and The Medicine Woman who is attempting to pull the arrow from his gut. Right after that, there is a flashback from 32 years before the action in the movie. The song I am reffering to is right there during the flashback.

Much appreciated.