Nerverackers

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Nerverackers

Post by Sebastian » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:17 am

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Re: Nerverackers

Post by RatQuiRit » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 am

That sounds good, but I thought RR could make movies faster than anyone...and now we have more than one entire year to wait for his next movie, I can't believe that. But wait, there also was that other movie with Rose MacGowan...not really looking forward to it but an "adult" RR film can't do harm :p
I really like that title, Nerverackers, sounds cool
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Sounds cool.  I like sci-fi, and Robert probably won't let us down.  Good enough for me.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

helu
Hard Drinker

Post by helu » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:44 am

YES. This interests me far more than Predator, Machete or even Sin City 2.

Cyd

Post by Cyd » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:50 pm

Why anyone is excited about Machete, I'll never know.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:15 pm

"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:24 pm

Cyd wrote: Why anyone is excited about Machete, I'll never know.
I suppose that you wouldn't give a shit since you live in the UK, and seem to not like RR much.  It hits close to the heart for me, because I love RR, and living in south Texas, almost everyone I know here is Mexican.  Some of them are illegal immigrants themselves.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:27 pm

As long as he isnt making a movie starring "rose mcgowan" I'm happy... >:D

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Geoi wrote: I suppose that you wouldn't give a shit since you live in the UK, and seem to not like RR much.  It hits close to the heart for me, because I love RR, and living in south Texas, almost everyone I know here is Mexican.  Some of them are illegal immigrants themselves.
What has living in a different place got to do with looking forward to a movie?

You just like movies on totally superficial reasons then? Obviously no matter what you get, you're gonna like it based on who's in it or who made it.  ;)

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Kinick wrote: What has living in a different place got to do with looking forward to a movie?

You just like movies on totally superficial reasons then? Obviously no matter what you get, you're gonna like it based on who's in it or who made it.  ;)
;D  You know what I was saying, you silly boy.  But you're partially right.  I do look forward to any RR project.  And if Nick Frost is in even a shite movie, like Penelope, I'll still watch it just for him.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Geoi wrote: ;D  You know what I was saying, you silly boy.  But you're partially right.  I do look forward to any RR project.  And if Nick Frost is in even a shite movie, like Penelope, I'll still watch it just for him.
Damn straight, oh optimistic one.  Just looking at your favourites section on Mysace will tell you that. ;D
Last edited by Kinick on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:38 pm

HA!  I just ran through some movies real quick when I set that up.  I didn't really put thought into it.

Noir_Fiction
Basterd

Post by Noir_Fiction » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:45 pm

Isn't a movie he did coming out soon, some kids movie about a stone that grants wishes? That's what sours RR for me. He does real off the wall, over the top, adult work and then cheesy, terrible kid fare.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:55 pm

How many possible projects can RR do at a time? Sometimes I think he just list a movie idea with a cool title to mess with us.
Cyd wrote: Why anyone is excited about Machete, I'll never know.
Was that a joke? Machete is gonna be a hell of a movie. I want to see it mainly cause I love revenge movies with a passion and this one looks to be right up my alley.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:53 am

Noir_Fiction wrote: Isn't a movie he did coming out soon, some kids movie about a stone that grants wishes? That's what sours RR for me. He does real off the wall, over the top, adult work and then cheesy, terrible kid fare.
Yep, it's called shorts and it's scheduled release date is August 7th. I think I like Robert more than Quentin but I've still never seen one of his kids movies.
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Dex wrote: Yep, it's called shorts and it's scheduled release date is August 7th. I think I like Robert more than Quentin but I've still never seen one of his kids movies.
Holy shit!  Spy Kids is awesome!  You gotta watch it!

Noir_Fiction
Basterd

Post by Noir_Fiction » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Dex wrote: Yep, it's called shorts and it's scheduled release date is August 7th. I think I like Robert more than Quentin but I've still never seen one of his kids movies.
I'm on the fence with RR. I like some of his work quite a bit but I despise other stuff he's done.

Cyd

Post by Cyd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Geoi wrote: I suppose that you wouldn't give a shit since you live in the UK
You are officially the most stupid person alive. Go have it printed on a cheap 'arse' t.shirt and try not stretch the logo.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Cyd wrote: You are officially the most stupid person alive. Go have it printed on a cheap 'arse' t.shirt and try not stretch the logo.
Wow, you're kind of an uptight douche, huh?

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Cyd wrote: You are officially the most stupid person alive. Go have it printed on a cheap 'arse' t.shirt and try not stretch the logo.
And here we go with the lack of respect again. 

You know, little miss PMS, all I meant was that, being in another country, you aren't faced with the politics affecting illegal immigration from Mexico to Texas.  Geez.  Please, go get laid, or have a wank, a drink, a smoke,,, something.  You're incapable of carrying on the slightest debate.  Stay out of the RR topics if you despise him so much.  Some of us actually really like his films.  Alright Yasmin?

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Okay lets try to keep it nice and civil in here alright. Enough of the cheap name calling.

Cyd

Post by Cyd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:11 pm

Geoi wrote: And here we go with the lack of respect again. 

You know, little miss PMS, all I meant was that, being in another country, you aren't faced with the politics affecting illegal immigration from Mexico to Texas.  Geez.  Please, go get laid, or have a wank, a drink, a smoke,,, something.  You're incapable of carrying on the slightest debate.  Stay out of the RR topics if you despise him so much.  Some of us actually really like his films.  Alright Yasmin?
I like RR's movies. Desperado, Sin City etc. But I don't think he should waste him time on expanding a fake trailer. And my name is Cyd, whoever you think I am, because let's face it, you accused me of being a man a while back called Pete. I believe you can have it confirmed by the admins that I would more than likely not be either, given that each individual, using a computer, has a specific Internet Provider. Ask them to check it out. And quite frankly, I don't give a damn who you think I am... Shouldn't you be taking care of your 'kids'... instead of being on here 24/7... because your photos certainly don't make it appear that you are fresh out of your teens, still living with your folks...

Noir_Fiction
Basterd

Post by Noir_Fiction » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm

Cyd wrote: I like RR's movies. Desperado, Sin City etc. But I don't think he should waste him time on expanding a fake trailer. And my name is Cyd, whoever you think I am, because let's face it, you accused me of being a man a while back called Pete. I believe you can have it confirmed by the admins that I would more than likely not be either, given that each individual, using a computer, has a specific Internet Provider. Ask them to check it out. And quite frankly, I don't give a damn who you think I am... Shouldn't you be taking care of your 'kids'... instead of being on here 24/7... because your photos certainly don't make it appear that you are fresh out of your teens, still living with your folks...
Yikes, Cyd, uncalled for. But I do agree with you on Machete. I think the machete trailer is far greater than the feature film would ever be. it's good but it'd be terrible in full lenght. Trejo doesn't have the skill nor the presence to carry the entire movie, not to mention that it'd just fall back on RR's old bag of tricks when he seems to be growing and expanding his repetoire.

Cyd

Post by Cyd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Danny Trejo is good to play that signature bad guy at the bar or bystander when everyone is getting shot and one needs to stand around looking cool, but he would never be able to carry a movie by himself.

Noir_Fiction
Basterd

Post by Noir_Fiction » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Cyd wrote: Danny Trejo is good to play that signature bad guy at the bar or bystander when everyone is getting shot and one needs to stand around looking cool, but he would never be able to carry a movie by himself.
Exactly.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:50 pm

I think he could carry a grindhouse inspired movie. Those movies that are bad on purpose. Which is what it would be. Personally I don't really dig that style of movie but I'm more than sure Trejo could pull it off.

Noir_Fiction
Basterd

Post by Noir_Fiction » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Dex wrote: I think he could carry a grindhouse inspired movie. Those movies that are bad on purpose. Which is what it would be. Personally I don't really dig that style of movie but I'm more than sure Trejo could pull it off.
I wouldn't say they were bad on purpose they just put the needs of the most base audience over artistic vision. Women, sex, guns, women, etc, etc, etc.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:19 am

Yeah none of those movies were bad on purpose, if anything else it might be considered cheesy, but in a over the top fun kind of way. Big fan of grindhouse movies so i'd be up for anything like that.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 pm

I'm not saying old grindhouse movies were bad on purpose. They were bad on accident. These new ones that are trying to emulate them are bad on purpose. Or at least they use it as a safety net when people complain about the bad acting and cheesy dialogue.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Dex wrote: I'm not saying old grindhouse movies were bad on purpose. They were bad on accident. These new ones that are trying to emulate them are bad on purpose. Or at least they use it as a safety net when people complain about the bad acting and cheesy dialogue.
Yeah.  That's exactly what I thought about these new exploitation films.  That they do them with the knowledge that if they're shite, they've got the excuse, "Hey, it's an exploitation film".

Cyd wrote: I like RR's movies. Desperado, Sin City etc. But I don't think he should waste him time on expanding a fake trailer. And my name is Cyd, whoever you think I am, because let's face it, you accused me of being a man a while back called Pete. I believe you can have it confirmed by the admins that I would more than likely not be either, given that each individual, using a computer, has a specific Internet Provider. Ask them to check it out. And quite frankly, I don't give a damn who you think I am... Shouldn't you be taking care of your 'kids'... instead of being on here 24/7... because your photos certainly don't make it appear that you are fresh out of your teens, still living with your folks...
My child is NO business of yours.  Don't you EVER bring her up again.  And you put on your profile that you're 31.  I'm assuming you're dyslexic, and you're actually 13.  There's a word for people like you, that talk shit unnecessarily,, they're called trolls.  Nobody here likes you.  Everyone wishes you would just disappear.  I've had it with you.  I'm done trying to be nice to you.  You're back on ignore.