DESPERADO

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
LickMeQuentin

Re: DESPERADO

Post by LickMeQuentin » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:59 pm

Quentin is so hot in Desperado  ;D :-*

MissMia

Post by MissMia » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:12 pm

Desperado is great - definately one of Rodriguez's best films. QT's scenes are just hilarious - the joke is brilliantly delivered - laughed my little socks of. OUATIM wasn't as good as Desperado but Johnny Depp was fantastic in it.

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:26 am

I am a fan of the whole El Mariachi trilogy and my favourite is probably El Mariachi, but Desperado is excellent. OUATIM was good and i still felt Rodriguez in it, but it was a bit too different from the rest of the trilogy, though over time i convinced myself that it was in line with the rest of the trilogy.

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:42 am

i cant really compare the two because i apreciate El Mariachi for completly differnt reason to that of Desperado i cant say i like one more than the other but i will stop pussy footing around and say that i didnt think "OUATIM" measured up to them..

Black Mamba!
Real McCoy

Post by Black Mamba! » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:58 pm

There's nothing funnier than a remote control guitar case, a guaitar case bazooka, a guitar case flame thrower, etc. I love it!

But Quentin's bar joke is great..so great....that I've repeated it to atleast 3 other people before.

Lode
Hard Drinker

Post by Lode » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:05 pm

Thousand Eyes wrote: i cant really compare the two because i apreciate El Mariachi for completly differnt reason to that of Desperado i cant say i like one more than the other but i will stop pussy footing around and say that i didnt think "OUATIM" measured up to them..
This is exactly what I think about it. I don't really know what Rodriguez tried to do with OUATIM...

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:19 am

Black Mamba! wrote: There's nothing funnier than a remote control guitar case, a guaitar case bazooka, a guitar case flame thrower, etc. I love it!

But Quentin's bar joke is great..so great....that I've repeated it to atleast 3 other people before.
i have used that bar joke too a couple fo times

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:44 am

I would if i actually went to bars.. or went out...

Piratess
Hard Drinker

Post by Piratess » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:07 pm

I tried telling it to friends at school, dunno maybe the atmosphere wasn't right... they didn't think it was funny -_-...
-Shit... I'm waiting for the sun to shine. -

thecrazy88

Post by thecrazy88 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:42 pm

Hehe, I've heard that joke before.. Or seen the movie before ;D

StrawBerry_Angel
Hard Drinker

Post by StrawBerry_Angel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:57 am

lol the joke rocks i have used it a few times and it has raised a few smiles.

I love Desperado , it is a film that totally grips and QT at the beginning is excellent and opens the story up nicely.
"Yeah that's easy for you to say, you're Mr. White, you have a cool sounding name. All right look if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink, do you wanna trade?"

Piratess
Hard Drinker

Post by Piratess » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:24 am

I love the song that was played when Quentin entered ''UH!'' yeah can't do it...
-Shit... I'm waiting for the sun to shine. -

Lucio Fulci

Post by Lucio Fulci » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:10 am

Shouldn't this topic be in the Rodriguez section....

Hint!

HINT! 

Don't be hatin' cuz i'm Bioliciousss  :-*

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 pm

yeah now that we have one.....

Lucio Fulci

Post by Lucio Fulci » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:17 pm

Lode wrote: This is exactly what I think about it. I don't really know what Rodriguez tried to do with OUATIM...
In the commentary he says it's like a sequel to another sequel - so it's like two movies into one. That's why you see a bunch of flashbacks where the general murders Carolina. Th plot is quite complex though, too much information to comprehend, there are too many things going on at once.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:52 am

He was trying to make something that wasn't just a mindless action movie. It's really two movies in one. Robert always intended to do a trilogy and the flashbacks are from his intended third film. Salma Hayek wasn't available for a full shoot so he took what he had planned and mixed it with Quentin's idea to pay homage to Sergio Leone and the Fistful of Dollars Trilogy (mostly The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly).

As far as Robert is concerned this is the fourth movie. The flashbacks are from the third movie. A movie that just doesn't exist. Kinda like how Royal Tenenbaums is adapted from a book that doesn't exist.
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

peppermint819
Cowardly Lion

Post by peppermint819 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:16 am

i love this movie one i can wacth over and over

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed May 28, 2008 12:51 am

I've actually sat and watched it three times in a row before.  I always have to rewind and watch Quentin's scenes a couple of times before I progress.  He's so cool in it. 

I love how he goes "You owe me three hundred dollars, Punta."  He totally mispronounces every word he says in Spanish.  Hilarious.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms