Desperado

I gave desperado a second chance and I really liked it. But I can’t help but wonder if they shot a shootout at the end with Bucho because censoring that is pretty lame. Those Mpaa assholes always have to judge what we see! >:(

I liked Desperado. It didn’t really do much for me, but the action kicked ass and Tarantino’s scene was the best part of the movie. I still think From Dusk Till Dawn is Rodriguez’s best movie by far.

I thaught that this movie was realy good it had alot of action and the plot was good except for them whole it was his brother thing i didnt like that

I liked the part where steve busimi is talkin bout the guy killin’ every one in the bar to the bartender, but my fav is the tarantino part

i’m not a big Desperado fan, I think it has potential out the ass but never really lived up to it. I love Tarantino, and Buscemi, and like some of the Banderas parts but the movie never really picked up for me. When it did you had the whole mexican guy shoting rockets out of guitar cases (the way they stand to brace the cases is fucking retarded), and laughing when they hit people. I want to see El meriachi (is it an exact remake, or is it really a sequel?), and am very curious about OUATIM, even though I heard it sucked.

the only Rodriges movies I really likes were FDTD and The Faculty, maybe he’s a good director but just not a good writer(I think those were the only two he didn’t write, not sure),

El Mariachi is 10 times better than dEsperado. Nothing tops the shoot-out scene in the bar, but Mariachi does actually have a story.

I liked the way they edited it on tv when Banderas shoots Bucho-it shows him whipping the guns out of his sleeves and pointing them at Bucho, then the screen goes blank. that version is cooler, its more spaghetti-western like and leaves it up to the imagination

If Desperado is Rodriguez’s best movie, (I’ve only seen 2 of them: Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico) then I do NOT want to see any more of his films.

I like Desperado just fine, only i’d look at it as a comedy, i don’t think the film was ment to be very serious, just fun to watch, maybe misses a bit more story.

But Once upon a time in mexico is just plain stupid, Its like all those spy kids films hit rodriguezes head. No salma, quentin or buscemi to patch it up even. I’m suprised Tarantino let his friend show it, just embarased rodriguez. :-/

i enjoyed OUATIM but for those who didnt remember that RR didnt want to do it. tarantino got him to do it. so it was forced more than being RR’s own thing. maybe tarantino should have written the script…

i loved Desperado. I thought it was great, haven’t seen Once upon a time in Mexico yet, but i can’t wait. Robert Rodriguez is a fantastic director i am amazed at how he made El Mariachi with only $7000, but QT is still better. It was a bit of a let down having him die in Desperado

so what is that now two movies he dies in?

And both the same way, bullet in the end.

I’d say Kill bill, but he only played a dead corpse. So i guess that doesn’t count.

qt was in vol. 1?

I love El Mariachi & Desperado!

Can’t wait to see Once Upon A Time In Mexico

Johnny Depp is the greatest actor!

[quote]qt was in vol. 1?[/quote]

playing a dead Crazy 88 in the aftermath shot.

Yes, El Mariachi is in Spanish with English subtitles. I think there’s also a dubbed version out on video somewhere. I own the DVD and it’s in Spanish; no English version on there.

[quote]i enjoyed OUATIM but for those who didnt remember that RR didnt want to do it. tarantino got him to do it. so it was forced more than being RR’s own thing. maybe tarantino should have written the script…[/quote]

ha ha! thats bullshit, where did you get that from? robert wasnt FORCED to do anything, tarantino suggested the idea on the set of desperado, and when desperado got a lot of attention on cable few years back the studio suggested a sequel, robert said yeah but itll have to be called "once upon a time in mexico" and he spun the qt idea to them even though he didnt have a script. its all in an interview on the net if you search yahoo, i cant be arsed.

but basically i think rr loved making the movie, he (and depp) kept going on about how he used some sort of digital camera that meant he could shoot real fast and he made up the characters as he went along, eg. mickey rourke turned up to his meeting with rr with his pet dog and thats where the idea came in.

i think once upon a time is fucking awesome, the ultimate trashy popcorn movie. its a LOT of fun and while its totally diff to desperado in that it isnt stylised at all, its a way better movie i think. my fave of last year

for those who were posting here a few weeks back about a mariachi boxset, theyve released all three in one boxset for a great price in england, got all the extras and everything

i didnt mean 100% forced. i meant like RR wasnt exactly planing on making a third one, you know?

[quote]i didnt mean 100% forced. i meant like RR wasnt exactly planing on making a third one, you know?[/quote]

Actually he didnt wanted to do a third one, untill QT came up with the idea.

I kinda liked OUATIM, but wasn’t a fan of Desperado.Too cheesy for my tastes