[Vol 2] Songs not on OST CD

Everything about Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2 music/soundtrack
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

[Vol 2] Songs not on OST CD

Post by Sebastian » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:40 pm

Okay we had this sort of topic for Volume 1, and now it's time to start one for Volume 2.

We already know that there is a bunch of music that appeared in trailers and on websites but isn't on the CD, and there will be stuff in the movie that's not on CD, so lets gather all we have.

But be careful, lots of the songs have several titles (italian, english etc) sometimes they seem like different songs but are all the same.

Who knows what music plays on the official site? in the trailers?

Amazon.com
Amazon.de
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.fr
Amazon.ca
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterPurple

Re: Songs not on Volume 2 Soundtrack CD

Post by MisterPurple » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:12 pm

the trailer contains

ennio morricone - the trio

jasoneisener

Post by jasoneisener » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:26 pm

(theme)three tough guys: by isaac hayes
this is when pai mai and black momba fight with there kung fu styles

Invinsible Pole Fighter

Road to salina
when Black Momba is walking through the desert.

Navajo Joe By Ennio Morricone

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:05 pm

"Fistful of Dollars"

Bill's "exit" music is from Navajo Joe. In the closing credits, it said it was called "Return of Joe" but on the soundtrack, it's either track 14 or 15 (Different titles) .

"Sunny Road to Salina"

And of course, "Liquid Swords"  ;D

The closing credits also said that another Riz Ortolani song appeared. Any guessing which one that would be?

Ringo

Post by Ringo » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:23 pm

I'm pretty sure I also heard "The Trio" in the movie. During the buried alive scene.

jmanin2

Post by jmanin2 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:40 pm

I downloaded a different version of L'Arena before the soundtrack was out that I think was in the movie. It has the whistling, then has some guitar and never gets to the horn part. Only about a minute and half. Anyone know?

MisterPurple

Post by MisterPurple » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:08 pm

And of course, "Liquid Swords"  ;D
from whom is "liquid swords"?

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:27 pm

Scroll down here and listen to track 1. You might recognize something.
Last edited by Laydback on Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterPurple

Post by MisterPurple » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:36 pm

gza's liquid swords is played in the movie?  :o
I couldn't imagine that!
in what scene is it played?

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:50 pm

The song isn't actually played, but the sample that serves as an intro to it (Thanks to Shogun Assassin) is.

Sidewinder
Real McCoy

Post by Sidewinder » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:00 pm

It was so fuckn cool that Road to Salina was in the movie. I wasn't expecting that. What better song to have in that scene? Cool shit.
Peace and longevity!

FastEddie

Post by FastEddie » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:11 am

I downloaded a different version of L'Arena before the soundtrack was out that I think was in the movie. It has the whistling, then has some guitar and never gets to the horn part. Only about a minute and half. Anyone know?
As I said on the other thread concerning the music, the track on the CD isn't "L'arena" from the OST of "Il mercenario", it's the main title we're listening to.

"Fistful of Dollars" is in it? Which track?

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:21 am

"Fistful of Dollars" is in it? Which track?
During the exchange scene. The one with the spanish,mournful trumpet.

FastEddie

Post by FastEddie » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:40 am

Wow! This is getting cooler and cooler....
The soundtrack is going to be some sort of "Best of Morricone".
Still have to wait for Wednesday to see it :'(
Maybe some the folks who've seen it already, is able to make a list of the music, for the best chronologically, to get the pieces together for a expanded "Special Edition" soundtrack, just like for Vol.1. I would appreciate it.

MisterPurple

Post by MisterPurple » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:45 am

does anyone know the songs from http://www.kill-bill.com?
(the main title and the themes from budd, elle and bill)
they are all not on the soundtrack
Last edited by MisterPurple on Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:08 am

It was so fuckn cool that Road to Salina was in the movie. I wasn't expecting that. What better song to have in that scene? Cool shit.
And then to conclude the song with IRONSIDE! I'm sure that will send a jolt through any crowd.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:49 am

The Fistful of Dollars music being played as Budd walks over to the Bride gave me chills, it was that fuckin awesome.

Does anyone know Budd's theme that plays a few times....you first hear it when he's talking about "dodging guilt" to Bill.

Ringo

Post by Ringo » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:51 am

Can someone be a little more specific on this music from Fisful of Dollars. Because I'm a very big fan of the Dollars Trilogy and have a lot of the music from it and I didn't reconginse the music as being from "Fistful" as Budd walks over to the Bride.

Maybe I was so into the scene that I totally forgot what music was playing but could someone be more specific.

RockMan123

Post by RockMan123 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:41 pm

It was great to hear a lot of Morricone's stuff. Im also curious about the song the played during Budd reply to Bill about dodging guilt. I just assumed it was Rodriguez material. Shit. I hope everyone is right about the ultimate Kill BIll soundtrack. I want to hear all of RZA & Rdogrguez stuff. And definitely have all the KILL BILL "b-sides."

*I love the training sequence with Uma and Pai Mei. When he asked her if she would demonstrate her Tiger Crane technique on him. Then she whips her hair with a sassy attitude. and as she start to get in fighting position, i beleive it was Isaac Hayes' "Three Tough Guys" that started to kick in on the sound system. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS TIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Im trying my best to track down that song. When i find it, Ill let y'all know and get it up for download (just in case its also hard for yall to find) THAT WAS WAY TOO COOL that Tarantino use an Isaac Hayes song for the kung fu sequence. Its not surprising cuz I know Tarantino is fond of Isaac Hayes music. IT WAS A++++++++

Man_from_Okinawa

Post by Man_from_Okinawa » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:35 pm

Where is Johnny Cash's "A Satisfied Mind" in the film?

jmanin2

Post by jmanin2 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:23 pm

Where is Johnny Cash's "A Satisfied Mind" in the film?
SPOILERS
UMA is about to go after Budd in his trailer. She is hiding. He puts the song on. You hear it stop. He looks outside. Puts the record on a again, then she comes in. BAM!

jmanin2

Post by jmanin2 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:58 pm

Can someone be a little more specific on this music from Fisful of Dollars. Because I'm a very big fan of the Dollars Trilogy and have a lot of the music from it and I didn't reconginse the music as being from "Fistful" as Budd walks over to the Bride.

Maybe I was so into the scene that I totally forgot what music was playing but could someone be more specific.
It's the main FISTFUL OF DOLLARS theme. The version I have is 1.49. Remember as it builds up and the bride spits on budd then the song kind of climaxes or reaches it's highest point as he spits on her. I think that's my favorite part of the whole movie. Damn, it was incredible.

Post by 6079 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:11 am

I can't find the Issac Hayes song or Invisible Pole Fighter anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Last edited by 6079 on Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

RockMan123

Post by RockMan123 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:26 am

I found Isaac Hayes "Three Tough Guys"

Took a while. UNFORTUNATELY it's not in mp3 format. It's a .ram which I guess only plays in real player. The song played during the Bride vs. Pai Mei is actually titled "Three Tough Guys (End Theme)." There is a version that has singing in it but the intstrumentation is a little different (that one is the Title theme. Might not make a big difference, but you can certainly hear the difference.) I also have the title theme too if you wanna hear, Isaac Hayes is so cool with his smoky voice. Its mp3 format, but NOT the one in the movie.

Heres the link to the .ram version (the one used in the movie.....I read the credits for the songs at the end so people might think that its the title theme.....Im not quite sure but this one sounds more like the on in the movie) SCROLL DOWN, and choose save target as:

http://www.mp3raid.com/search/dload/Thr ... 08f.2281am

*And I do my best to get the mp3 one up. Oh. I'm getting the Isaac Hayes Double Feature: Three Tough Guys & Truck Turner soudntrack. Which also includes RUN FAYE RUN & TRUCK TURNER both used in VOL.1.
Last edited by RockMan123 on Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmanin2

Post by jmanin2 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:52 am

I got the whole Three Tough Guys soundtrack from soulseek.

stuck in the middle
Real McCoy

Post by stuck in the middle » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:44 am

It was great to hear a lot of Morricone's stuff. Im also curious about the song the played during Budd reply to Bill about dodging guilt. I just assumed it was Rodriguez material. Shit. I hope everyone is right about the ultimate Kill BIll soundtrack. I want to hear all of RZA & Rdogrguez stuff. And definitely have all the KILL BILL "b-sides."

i loved that song and i too just figured it was rodriguez's work. and i agree with another kill bill cd. they made one for austin powers. they really should make one for kill bill. and as cool as it is to have dialouge packed with the cds i think i would rather have another song from the movie than dialouge.
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You bastard!

Jet_Set

Post by Jet_Set » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:48 am

Yeah, I really want to know those other songs. But I bet the second song played during the Pai Mei scene was a Rza song.

And Liquid Swords wasnt played, They just used the same sample form the movie as Liquid Swords. The Liquid Swords album has many sample from themovie Shogun Assassin, like Only Built For Cuban Linx had The Killer.

And the sample at the beginning of the Liquid Swords song is slighlty different form the movie one, they let out the word mother in one sentence.

btw, it pretty much amazed me QT used Invincible Pole Fighter music, I have that movie here at home on VHS, and it is so cool, AMAZING!!! it's also known as 8 Diagram Pole Fighter and spin offs of that name.

But QT used the music form thatmovie if I'm assuming correct, also after that I looked at the RIP list, it had Chang Che the director of the movie in it and Lo Lieh, but I was missing Alexander Fu Sheng.

Alexander Fu Sheng had one of the main roles in the original script of that movie together with Gordon Liu, only Fu Sheng died in a car accident during the filming of that movie, so Gordon Liu got a bigger role. Point is he used the music form the movie but forgot to mention the nameof the actor who died during the making of that movie and had of of the main roles in that movie.

A screener on the internet would be helpfull now as we could easily rewatch the credits and the songtitles.

Post by 6079 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:03 am

I got the whole Three Tough Guys soundtrack from soulseek.
What's your username?

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:00 am

btw, it pretty much amazed me QT used Invincible Pole Fighter music, I have that movie here at home on VHS, and it is so cool, AMAZING!!! it's also known as 8 Diagram Pole Fighter and spin offs of that name.
Which scene was this music played?

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:07 am

It's the main FISTFUL OF DOLLARS theme. The version I have is 1.49. Remember as it builds up and the bride spits on budd then the song kind of climaxes or reaches it's highest point as he spits on her. I think that's my favorite part of the whole movie. Damn, it was incredible.
It's not the main theme.

It's the song that plays as the little kid crys for his mother as the woman heads towards Gian Marie Volonte and his gang.