Inglourious Basterds info-center (pre-production)

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Re: Inglorious Bastards info-center

Post by Sebastian » Sun May 27, 2007 9:24 am

didnt think about it, plus i dont think it was allowed, there were no tv people there in the first place

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Sun May 27, 2007 5:44 pm

yea it would have probably seemed rude.

Bad Max
Fucking Professional

Post by Bad Max » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:54 pm

Any new info at all? anybody?
The German will be sickened by us, the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us.

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Bad Max wrote: Any new info at all? anybody?
QT was spotted at a Kentucky Fried Chicken in Gainsville, Georgia eating some extra crispy with Elvis Presley. 

Bad Max
Fucking Professional

Post by Bad Max » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:25 pm

I meant about Inglorious Bastards, dumb-o  ;)
The German will be sickened by us, the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us.

beahabib

Post by beahabib » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:32 pm

does any one know if Quentin is still considering Eddie Murphy for IB? I had read this somewhere a few years ago.

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:23 am

beahabib wrote: does any one know if Quentin is still considering Eddie Murphy for IB? I had read this somewhere a few years ago.
don't believe any of that. QT said earlier that he hasn't released the cast yet, because obviosly there isnt a cast yet. He denied anything pertaining to cast decisions. However, Michael Madsen will be in it as the lead man, he has only said that.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:17 am

beahabib wrote: does any one know if Quentin is still considering Eddie Murphy for IB? I had read this somewhere a few years ago.
I hope not

ThaDuke

Post by ThaDuke » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:28 am

I hope not
KILL BILL vol.3 wrote: He denied anything pertaining to cast decisions. However, Michael Madsen will be in it as the lead man, he has only said that.
I hope so

badassmovieman
Hard Drinker

Spaghetti Western Project

Post by badassmovieman » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:51 pm

Tarantino spoke with DW with some details on his SW project. He certainly has been exploring SW films high and low over the last couple of years (easy to see why he is a fan the excellent online database for it!).

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,27 ... l-1573-rdf

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy

Re: Spaghetti Western Project

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:14 pm

So this will most likely be his spaghetti western movie, or possibly trilogy. From the sounds of it, as he tells that it will be a spaghetti western with WWII iconography, he might not be making a full on spaghetti western any time soon. I also have the feeling that this will not be a t.v. series as i have thought before, though the possibility still exists. If anything, it will be his epic masterpiece, as he has told that on paper, it is the best thing he has written so far. Maybe one 3.5 hour movie, maybe 2 movies, maybe 3 movies, maybe a mini series, maybe a movie followed by a movie series, who knows? All i know is that i'm extremely excited for it, and i hope that it is a HUGE HUGE HUGE epic. As far as i am concerned, all of Leone's movies, are masterpieces, but commonly, Once Upon a Time in the West is known as his epic masterpiece, and Once Upon a Time in America is his even bigger epic masterpiece. Maybe QT will try to do the same, seing as KB is his first epic, his first Mt. Everest, and IB his second. And we all know he will challenge himself more. These are def. his everest climbing days, and i hope he does just that, and makes his best movie to date. That would kick ass. And a side note, sadly, the title will not be "INGLORIOUS BASTARDS: Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France".

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Re: Spaghetti Western Project

Post by Sebastian » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:19 pm

how do you know what the title will or will not be. i didn't know you were QT's brain :-)

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:41 pm

it says it right in that link: "It is sort of a spaghetti western set in World War Two," he said. "I am not going to call it this, but if it had a subtitle for it, it would be called: Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France." You fucking ass hole.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:48 pm

did you just call me a fucking asshole?

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:17 am

Haha damn, I don't think KILL BILL vol.3 knows who you are, Seb!!

Btw, that link badassmovieman gave has some very questionable comments in there. I wouldn't take it that seriously.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

badassmovieman
Hard Drinker

Post by badassmovieman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:00 am

Ify wrote: Haha damn, I don't think KILL BILL vol.3 knows who you are, Seb!!

Btw, that link badassmovieman gave has some very questionable comments in there. I wouldn't take it that seriously.
Well I know for a fact Tarantino was just in Germany. I imagine there might be some issues on the translation and so forth, but other than that what exactly are you saying is "questionable"? Next stop for Tarantino is the Ninth Cinemanila International Film Festival.

moviemike
Real McCoy

Post by moviemike » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:23 am

Hey Seb--

That KILL BILL VOL. 3 fella may not have any tact, but he is right about the tagline for INGLORIOUS BASTARDS.  Whenever QT mentions the movie he does add that the tagline for the poster would be "Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France," to reference his love of spaghetti westerns.  Even though it's a WWII men-on-a-mission movie, he wants to inject a little spaghetti western flavor into it. 

QT mentioned in an interview with Charlie Rose for GRINDHOUSE (with Robert in attendance) when he was asked what he had planned to do next, he mentioned INGLORIOUS BASTARDS and that it would be looooooooooong.  He was very tight-lipped about it, but he said there was something he had wanted to do with the movie when he made it that he didn't think he would ever be able to accomplish,  but the entertainment world had changed to an extent where he would be able to present the film the way he had always dreamed.   I guess we'll have to wait and see, but when he said that, it just whet my appetite even more for it. 
Last edited by moviemike on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:28 am

I know who Seb is, and i appreciate what he has done for the website. However, what he said pissed me off. He was trying to say that i had no idea what i was talking about, when all i was saying was something mentioned in the link above. As far as i'm concerned, since he gave me an ass hole response, i gave him one in return. It's not the first time he's given a smart response.

ailemrac07
Real McCoy

Post by ailemrac07 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:12 am

I don't know if you noticed or not but he put a little smiley face after what he said, so he clearly wasn't trying to be an asshole. Maybe you're just a lil too sensitive.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:18 pm

yeah my response to your post was in no way meant offensive, I was merely (and yeah, notice the smiley) questioning the idea that anything related to a title of a movie that isn't even in production is final, or, might be considered fact or not fact by anyone but the person making the movie.
it's nice that you appreciate what i have done for this website, how else. after all, it's pretty much a one-man-show, and those who help me out know who they are, and unfortunately they are way too few.

i'll forget for now that you called me a fucking asshole :-)

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Sorry for the comment, i now notice the smiley and that your intention wasn't meant in anyway to be mean or ofensive.  And i agree and see where your coming from, seeing as the movie isn't even in production. However, i do hope that the movie is called Inglorious Bastards: Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France. That would be kick ass.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:41 pm

badassmovieman wrote: Well I know for a fact Tarantino was just in Germany. I imagine there might be some issues on the translation and so forth, but other than that what exactly are you saying is "questionable"? Next stop for Tarantino is the Ninth Cinemanila International Film Festival.
Well nobody is saying he wasn't in Germany.
His films, like "Pulp Fiction" (1994), "Jackie Brown" (1997) and "Kill Bill" (Vol. 1 2003, Vol. 2 2004), follow complex story lines and are renowned for their use of brutality, often showing graphic scenes of violence.
I don't think Kill Bill follows a complex story line at all. Jackie Brown isn't renowned for it's use of brutality or graphic scenes of violence.

It was originally meant to be shown as a double feature with his "Planet Terror", which was directed by his friend Robert Rodriguez, but after the idea bombed in America, "Death Proof" was released by itself in most European countries.
Wasn't it always going to be released seperately in Europe?

Even though it was savaged by critics in the US
Who "savaged" DP in the US? The last I heard and read, the critics loved it.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Bad Max
Fucking Professional

Post by Bad Max » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:10 pm

I've decided to make a poster  :)

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:31 pm

nice, i like it. But write INGLORIOUS BASTARDS in caps. I think it'll look cooler.

Bad Max
Fucking Professional

Post by Bad Max » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:48 pm

That's the arty poster. I'm trying to make a action poster but I can't find any good explosions and bridges blowing up  :P

ailemrac07
Real McCoy

Post by ailemrac07 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:40 pm

Instead of having "a film by..." you should go with "Quentin Tarantino's..."

ThaDuke

Post by ThaDuke » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:37 pm

Bad Max wrote: I've decided to make a poster  :)

cute

Even if Inglorious Bastards does not carry the subtitle: Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France, it will always still hold that little place in my heart.  :-*

anikin06
Cowardly Lion

Post by anikin06 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:09 am

Just read the new empire and it has an interview with QT. He said that he is still writing IG and that it wont be ready to shoot for another 12 months. He also said that IG might not be his next movie.

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Post by Eastern Beauty » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:17 am

anikin06 wrote: Just read the new empire and it has an interview with QT. He said that he is still writing IG and that it wont be ready to shoot for another 12 months. He also said that IG might not be his next movie.
That's what I was talking about!! See, Pete? I was right!!!!!!!!!
Anybody here remember me? Anyone?!

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:49 am

So that makes ALOT of sense. He says its going to take 12 months more to finish up, but its not gonna be his next film? Why would he bother finishing writing it, if he doesnt even plan on shooting it next anyways? That means hes going to spend 12 months more on IB, and then write another new script as well? This should be interesting.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.