Tarantinos worst so far

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
Post Reply
Mr.Pink

Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Mr.Pink » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:17 am

I think I can officially say Inglourious Basterds is QTs worst film so far.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:56 am

How come?

User avatar
cyber-lili
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5446
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:13 am
Location: France

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by cyber-lili » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Such statement indeed needs an explanation cause I didn't quite fully understand it. I've only got that you like the chapter 2 and that's all.

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Ify » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Dude, you're not even old enough to watch the film.

User avatar
cyber-lili
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5446
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:13 am
Location: France

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by cyber-lili » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Ahahah. How old are you Mr Pink ?

User avatar
RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Location: France

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by RatQuiRit » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:19 pm

You go on and on and on about how it's QT's worst but the only time I saw an elaborated opinion about it from you was "it's historically inaccurate"...way to go little man.
Image
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

User avatar
cyber-lili
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5446
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:13 am
Location: France

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by cyber-lili » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Me too. That's why I asked him to develop his thoughts for once. That can be interesting anyway. We had the debat about Death Proof, why not with Inglourious Basterds ?

User avatar
Stiglitz
Real McCoy
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 am

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Stiglitz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:13 am

Inglourious Basterds is not worse than Death Proof are you nuts?

And if historical accuracy is your problem, then you obviously had no idea what this film was about.

Would be nice to see you reply to the thread and everyone asking the same question.

User avatar
nonsse
Hard Drinker
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by nonsse » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:16 am

He's just a pathetic troll. I suggest we ignore him and his 'opinions'. My guess is that he hasn't even saw the film yet, just wanting attention from you guys.

Mr.Pink

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Mr.Pink » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:32 am

Ify wrote:Dude, you're not even old enough to watch the film.
Yes thats correct im 14 years old. But I watch it anyway.
Stiglitz wrote:Inglourious Basterds is not worse than Death Proof are you nuts?

And if historical accuracy is your problem, then you obviously had no idea what this film was about.

Would be nice to see you reply to the thread and everyone asking the same question.
Well it sucked because it was soooo boring mainly because the story sucked and it was just QT cashing in on his name so he can make more money and become more of a celebrity. Ever since Jackie Brown finished all his films have been made to cash in on his super stardom so he decides to make a crappy historically inacurate movie about ww2 and hope people will enjoy it.
nonsse wrote:He's just a pathetic troll. I suggest we ignore him and his 'opinions'. My guess is that he hasn't even saw the film yet, just wanting attention from you guys.
Your just a pathetic piece of monkey crap. I bet you havent even seen IB yet. I also bet you have a baboon ass.

User avatar
dandadub
Hard Drinker
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:11 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by dandadub » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm

get some friends pink, you sound like a retard

Mr.Pink

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 am

dandadub wrote:get some friends pink, you sound like a retard
I already have friends you dumb faggot.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by *G* » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:37 am

Mr. Pink is right about his views. Unlike most on here, he can say that he doesn't like a QT movie. He is a fan but everything QT touches isn't gold.

I like I.B. alot, but he doesn't. That's his view. Qt's stuff isn't always A+, and I myself ingore the fact that he takes all of his concepts for his films from other films from the past, characters, music, situations. But I like his films and he is my fav director out right now (close is PTA), because even though he takes stuff from other films, he benefits those films by bringing them to mainstream audiences, even though the dumb audiences doesn't know he took from a Godard film, or a Leone film, etc.

I say let's welcome Mr. Pink and maybe you all will see a decline in fighting with him. 8)

Tarantino101
Kiddo
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:44 pm

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Tarantino101 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:50 am

God I hate immature people like Mr. Pink, Mr. Pink would hate and criticize something that is great

Sorry it is his opinion, but also he is a fake QT fan, who bashes Jackie Brown, pretends to love Pulp Fiction because its popular and its what made him famous and is now hating anything QT does that has dialogue.


QT is best with dialogue, the film is great because of its characters and dialogue, i think he is a fake QT fan. I since he is one of those morons who doesn't really like any QT film except for Kill Bill Volume 1 because its less then 2 hours, it has a very unoriginal and simple story line and tons of action and blood. Then hates Volume 2 or doesn't like it as much as Volume 1.


I see this kinds of people all the time, OH MAN, KILL BILL IS THE GREATEST THING ON EARTH, QT IS THE MAN, OH HE IS SUCH A BAD ASS, SO MUCH BRUTAL ACTION I LOVE IT.

Seriously that is the ignorant fake QT fan, love Kill Bill 1, follows the trend and pretends to like Pulp Fiction then hate everything else unless its filled with violence like Volume 1.


What I loved about Inglourious Basters was it went back to his roots, but with a bigger budget and another time period. It had the visuals of Kill Bill but the script and story telling and structure of Pulp Fiction.

It had incredible real dialogue, wasn't as much camp, it was an ensemble cast like all QT, bunch of characters and stories that clash together in the end. Great scenes

And at least the movie went back it his roots, the dialogue and characters lead up to the violence, not the violence was the movie like Kill Bill or homages and influences from other movies influenced the movie not like again Kill Bill or Death Proof, where the homage is the movie, I don't want direct rip off of movies like Death Proof and especially Kill Bill had, that was his most unoriginal movie specifically because every character, and scene, and style was completely taking from another movie, the homage was the movie just like the violence was the movie.

With inglourious basterds it went back to QT's roots, big ensemble casts, not one person to follow around with a simple story, big cast, ensemble cast list and characters. The violence was there but there was always a build up to the violence, and the homages where there but was in small doses like his other films to influence the movie in a certain way not to be the movie, like kill bill and death proof where the homages and rip off of movies were the movie instead of supporting the movie like Inglourious Basterds, Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir dogs had.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by *G* » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:55 am

Hey I think he likes Jackie Brown.

Mr.Pink

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:57 am

Tarantino101 wrote:God I hate immature people like Mr. Pink, Mr. Pink would hate and criticize something that is great

Sorry it is his opinion, but also he is a fake QT fan, who bashes Jackie Brown, pretends to love Pulp Fiction because its popular and its what made him famous and is now hating anything QT does that has dialogue.


QT is best with dialogue, the film is great because of its characters and dialogue, i think he is a fake QT fan. I since he is one of those morons who doesn't really like any QT film except for Kill Bill Volume 1 because its less then 2 hours, it has a very unoriginal and simple story line and tons of action and blood. Then hates Volume 2 or doesn't like it as much as Volume 1.


I see this kinds of people all the time, OH MAN, KILL BILL IS THE GREATEST THING ON EARTH, QT IS THE MAN, OH HE IS SUCH A BAD ASS, SO MUCH BRUTAL ACTION I LOVE IT.

Seriously that is the ignorant fake QT fan, love Kill Bill 1, follows the trend and pretends to like Pulp Fiction then hate everything else unless its filled with violence like Volume 1.


What I loved about Inglourious Basters was it went back to his roots, but with a bigger budget and another time period. It had the visuals of Kill Bill but the script and story telling and structure of Pulp Fiction.

It had incredible real dialogue, wasn't as much camp, it was an ensemble cast like all QT, bunch of characters and stories that clash together in the end. Great scenes

And at least the movie went back it his roots, the dialogue and characters lead up to the violence, not the violence was the movie like Kill Bill or homages and influences from other movies influenced the movie not like again Kill Bill or Death Proof, where the homage is the movie, I don't want direct rip off of movies like Death Proof and especially Kill Bill had, that was his most unoriginal movie specifically because every character, and scene, and style was completely taking from another movie, the homage was the movie just like the violence was the movie.

With inglourious basterds it went back to QT's roots, big ensemble casts, not one person to follow around with a simple story, big cast, ensemble cast list and characters. The violence was there but there was always a build up to the violence, and the homages where there but was in small doses like his other films to influence the movie in a certain way not to be the movie, like kill bill and death proof where the homages and rip off of movies were the movie instead of supporting the movie like Inglourious Basterds, Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir dogs had.

You callin me fake, nigga? I never bashed Jackie Brown you idiot you just read my post wrong. As a matter of fact I think Jackie Brown is his best. Talk all you want but you're still only a Kiddo. Kiddo. lol.

MyBUddyy
Cowardly Lion
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by MyBUddyy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:59 pm

I dont think it was a bad movie, i was a little disappointed that there wasn't really enough basterds scene, the movie had great potential, but really didnt deliver to me n i love his film greatly. I do love some scene like bar scene is great, but would I watch the movie again no, ill just watch my fav scene on youtube. happy that everyone else loves it tho, wonder what he has plan next
BUdd

User avatar
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3690
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:14 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Pay no attention to Mr. Taint. I seriously doubt he's actually seen the film. Isn't New Zealand like very very strict on the ages that go with the ratings?

User avatar
cyber-lili
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5446
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:13 am
Location: France

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:54 pm

*G* wrote:Mr. Pink is right about his views. Unlike most on here, he can say that he doesn't like a QT movie. He is a fan but everything QT touches isn't gold.

I like I.B. alot, but he doesn't. That's his view. Qt's stuff isn't always A+, and I myself ingore the fact that he takes all of his concepts for his films from other films from the past, characters, music, situations. But I like his films and he is my fav director out right now (close is PTA), because even though he takes stuff from other films, he benefits those films by bringing them to mainstream audiences, even though the dumb audiences doesn't know he took from a Godard film, or a Leone film, etc.

I say let's welcome Mr. Pink and maybe you all will see a decline in fighting with him. 8)

Actually the fact he doesn't like IB is not the problem and I value any person who can a critical POV on a Tarantino movie. I hate hardcore fans that love everything even when it's disappointing. THOUGH Mr Pink biggest flaws and I'm only repeating myself here, is that he says he dislikes IB but doesn't explain why. He doesn't go into a real discussion.

I've mentionned some stuff I dislike about the movie myself on the Post Your review topic, nobody answered it (well until and old veteran, Seth, who I know very well, said the same, so he read my post afterwards) and my review is still on the last page of the topic so nobody can pretend they're too lazy to find it and read it. I think msot of the users here are afraid or lazy to comment on Tarantino flaws. They iehter claim he's a genius or that his movie sucks when they're disappointed. It's hard to have a real conversation nowadays. When I said I'm disappointed with the soundtrack in a way, and some other stuff, I don't think I'm the only one here but noone wants to discuss it. They just ignore criticisms. That's why such posts about someone disliking IB could and SHOULD be interesting, should be a place of debat.

... But even his own starter doesn't want to debate it so... There's no point to open a new thread just to be negative and not constructive. Cause that's what we think of Mr Pink in the end. He doesn't take the time to explain his POV when we offer it to him. Saying "it sucks" or "it's boring" is not enough.

I'm not even sure that my post will help to start a real discussion but I hope to.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by *G* » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:17 pm

I guess that is his flaw, being that he doesn't take the time to explain his reasons. That is prob why fights get started and then you see people name calling and so-on.

I like that fact that you also can talk about dislikes of Tarantino's films. I think that is Tarantino's problem as well. Everyone around him builds him up like he can't fail, and he knows this, and thinks he can't fail, everything he touches is gold. If only something can bring him down off his cloud (Thought Death Proof did that, tough I.B. still felt like a nobody can touch me film), I think he can start back at where he was in the 90's, the real, next big thing.

Mr.Pink

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Mr.Pink » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:37 am

Well for starters QT needs to stop making homages to crappy 70s movies that no one has ever seen. I guess I was annoyed by the fact that it wasnt a realistic WW2 film and that it was historically inacurate. One thing that really pisses me off is that he is making females as the main character, females are only good for sucking dick. It was fine with Kill Bill and Jackie Brown having strong female leads but I felt had the whole movie been similar to chapter 2 it would have been much better. It was the long dialogue that made it boring. Does that answer your question?

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by *G* » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:04 am

Dude, I can't stand by your comments this time. I love women being main characters.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:00 am

Oh my fucking god Mr. Pink, for a while there I thought maybe you'd chilled out some thanks to G's amazing tolerance for less than desirable people. I gotta give you props for that G, I'm so not one of those tolerant types.

I do believe that QT has yet to make a bad movie, all of his flicks are favorites of mine (even segments like The Man from Hollywood). I also however have some sort of perspective on it all. I would never defend Death Proof as a perfect movie, or state the case that QT can't at times be indulgent as fuck. I just connect with the material. Even at it's worst I can't help but love it. Same way with Paul Thomas Anderson ;D

My biggest problem with the movie has nothing to do with what's in the movie. There's nothing there I would change or remove. Even at it's worst it's better than almost any filmmaker alive could produce and it's entertaining as fuck to boot. I just thought it could have gone further. I felt that for a WWII movie it had far more places to go and characters to see. Up to Inglourious Basterds I've never thought that his movies needed another movie to expand on. This is the first time I've felt like a sequel of sorts was demanded.

But whatever, I just felt like contributing w#r

Hey I got to use it.

User avatar
Dead Zed
Kiddo
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Mediterranean

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Dead Zed » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:28 pm

I don't know why are you even arguing with this adolescent troll, I think the line "females are only good for sucking dick" sums up his intellect pretty good, why he hasn't been banned yet is beyond me... It's best to ignore him 'cause he's only seeking attention, probably wasn't breastfed or something...

(and I won't argue with him no matter what he writes back)

User avatar
Utivich
Real McCoy
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: At The Bottom Of Everything

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by Utivich » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Yeah, why isn't he banned yet?

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by *G* » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:Oh my fucking god Mr. Pink, for a while there I thought maybe you'd chilled out some thanks to G's amazing tolerance for less than desirable people. I gotta give you props for that G, I'm so not one of those tolerant types.
Thanks Ordell. Mr. Pink, I tried to give you a chance, but you keep digging yourself a hole deeper and deeper. Calm down a little.

User avatar
cyber-lili
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5446
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:13 am
Location: France

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by cyber-lili » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:57 pm

Utivich wrote:Yeah, why isn't he banned yet?
Mr Pink has received several warning so he's been taken care of. Though you cannot ban users just like that. We have to all agree as mods, the members from the staff, the admin and so on.

rwitmer10
Cowardly Lion
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by rwitmer10 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:09 pm

I have just been to the cinema and watched Inglourious Basterds. I am not an active QT fan, but I do like some of his movies: Kill Bill 1 and 2 and Pulp Fiction.(most popular movies).

I thought it was a great movie and had a strong foundation of historic correct stories. Until the scene before the last. Hitler was killed by one of the basterds. Ripped apart by countless bullets. Then I felt betrayed. I think it isn't correct to change important historical facts like that. Even for amusement...
In WW2 there have died so many people. Soldiers, civilians, allied and Germans. Then it is wrong to give all the credits of killing Hitler, Goering and Goebels to a bunch of basterds. So many soldiers have fought their way to Berlin, to find out that Hitler commited suicide. Offcourse, thank God the war was almost over then.
There are so many elderly people still alive, who know how difficult it was to fight the Germans. And then Mr. Tarantino just plays with the facts, like it was all a piece of cake to finish the war.

Furthermore, Mr. Landa forgot to call the cinema to report that there were still 2 basterds active in the theatre. Mr. Landa was very keen. He tracked down Jews and had great thinking work. But suddenly he makes a fatal mistake by not calling to the cinema. In this way the whole cinema blew up. Not very convincing role to me. Not good directed.
Another point: too much bla bla bla. Too few action scenes of the basterds.
Good point: Intense dialogue scenes between 'undercovers' and Nazi's.

So I await your comments on this. Thank you.

User avatar
TheMeme
Cowardly Lion
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: Tarantinos worst so far

Post by TheMeme » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:25 pm

I don't think it is his worse film. I think it is better than Deathproof and Reservoir Dogs and perhaps even Jackie Brown but I didn't really like it more than both Kill Bills. I think Pulp Fiction is Tarantino's best and to me it is the greatest movie of all time, but Inglourious Basterds falls quite short in my opinion of reaching it's level.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest