User stats

[quote=“Bleach”]
Mr.Transluscent - 1030

Mr. Blonde - 815 ÂÂ

MiaRose - 814

elkie - 652

Dillon - 598

Damn, Mr Blonde’s and MiaRose’s post counts are suspicious. Cyber-lili (724) and Vince_Vega (785), you guys are pretty close to the border. My advice - post only at Hanzo’s.
[/quote]

Still nothing happened, but I am a little worried… with it being friday the 13th and all.

Me neither. I should’ve been already dead, as Mr. Transluscent.

MiaRose is alive and well, don’t worry about her.

I would be worried about Mr. Blonde though, or maybe he walks amongst us via another account.

IL_Buono was like 3rd in the top 10 posters behind Dead Nigga Storage, but Seb finally got sick of his childish behaviour and put his post count to zero. That hurt him a lot I could tell.

Currently the post count stands at:

The Seb 5092

Dead Nigga Storage. 3163

WinslowLeach 2619

Ify 2510

Tanukihime 2467

Scarface 1981

MrOrange 1938

Johny_Exhale 1806

Starkey 1731

BadMotherFucker 1470

tarantino_is_god 1310

Bleach 1082

Laydback 1019

Vince_Vega 818

cyber-lili 808

CopperHead 689

Hung Fist 650

WeaselCo 647

Jot 612

Panther 607

LetsGoToWork 446

Yoshitsune 395

QT Fan 385

FilmGuy 330

plunderbunnie 316

Angel 299

j_c 283

diceman 194

SteveZissou 192

Thousand Eyes 181

Most Time online:

clown 118d 9h 5m

Tanukihime 44d 7h 57m

Johny_Exhale 30d 3h 40m

Vince_Vega 28d 8h 47m

Hung Fist 24d 20h 10m

Bleach 24d 4h 27m

Ify 22d 1h 29m

Mr.Blonde 17d 2h 4m

The Seb 14d 8h 31m

Panther 13d 23h 24m

Did Clown say what the reason was for him wanting his browser to start up Tarantino Archives every 5mins was? Why do such a thing? It was probably a bet or something.

This board isn’t very big. The funny thing is that about 10 people come, they post like 700 posts over a certain period and then move on. The next batch of posters then come, they post hundred, then go and so on. Since I have been here it has always been like that. You only have like 10-15 people that stay on during the whole time. I also have no idea why people sign up here and don’t post more than 3 posts.

I don’t want to say this, but will because it is true… The quality pf posts has definately declined compared to about 2 years ago. It has slowly been declining since then. Even though people like IL_Buono, DNS, Constranded etc. used to post random, unneeded shit, they still contributed to some brilliant discussions regarding Tarantino and his films.

Now it seems people are less into talking about Taranino and his films, and more into what they did today, what music they are listening to or in the talk wateva you please thread.

You might say, well people have already discussed QT and his films to death, well yes that may be the case for older posters, but not the new ones who now post regularly.

I have over the years tried to post some interesting things. I had a rule of only posting something which was relevant, interesting and just my opinions that I have about QT and his films. If you look at my first posts probably before I reached the 1000 mark, I mostly posted on matters this board was created for. But nobody else seems to be as bothered about that so I have just given up. Now you will find me posting a lot of unnecessary shit like what I’m going to watch today, or what I’m listening to.

I’m sure that when there is more info on Grindhouse or an other tarantino project, we will be discussing a lot about the man again. in the mean time please forgive me for not posting in topics such as Tarantino Dreams…

I’ve always been atonished at the popularity of the “what did you do today” topics. I don’t know why people actually give a fuck about what some other user from some god forsaken country ate for breakfast.

On clown: it wasn’t a bet. Take my time online for example - you think I’ve read posts and refreshed the browser all the time the stats show? I use a tabbed browser (who deasn’t?) and I have like 5 tabs open all the time so I can switch easily, and since I usually download something and have my computer turned on, browser remains open for full days, so no wonder I have such high online time.

Haha great example, during this post I had a phone conversation and was held in here for haf an hour. There the time goes.

[quote=“LetsGoToWork”]
I’m sure that when there is more info on Grindhouse or an other tarantino project, we will be discussing a lot about the man again. in the mean time please forgive me for not posting in topics such as Tarantino Dreams
[/quote]

That’s exactly the kind of topic I wouldn’t want to post in, or want someone to create. There are so many lame ones (also regarding QT) that are just pointless, they aren’t even interesting. Also, this board is full of lame people. They post so much lame shit, it’s almost turned into a kiddy board. I don’t want to comment on most of those posts because I don’t want to offend anybody (it always leads to a flame-war), but I have for example seen 2 posts by an 18-year old which are similar, but are in different threads and the comment is so lame, but the funny thing is, that people here have responded to them and acted like it’s normal or not lame, this is worrying.

That poster who made threads like What is QT’s Favourite Colour (I don’t think it was Buono, that’s not his style of writing) had a point. He came on here, made some ridiculous threads, and people actually responded to it like it’s normal.

However, this board is now full of those people who psot mostly in the CHAT RABBIT SLIM’S section, and after failing to get people to contribute more in the other sections, I find I have no choice but to follow the others, and follow what is now the norm here i.e posting what I had for breakfast, or what song I’m listening to. Those kind of threads are ok if they serve as a kind of breather, like something less demanding than posting about say the undertones in QT film, but it seems those kind of topics are what people only post in anymore.

[quote=“Bleach”]
On clown: it wasn’t a bet. Take my time online for example - you think I’ve read posts and refreshed the browser all the time the stats show? I use a tabbed browser (who deasn’t?) and I have like 5 tabs open all the time so I can switch easily, and since I usually download something and have my computer turned on, browser remains open for full days, so no wonder I have such high online time.

Haha great example, during this post I had a phone conversation and was held in here for haf an hour. There the time goes.
[/quote]

It’s ok man, you don’t need to justify yourself to me. To each their own, right?

[quote=“Scarface”]
I’ve always been atonished at the popularity of the “what did you do today” topics. I don’t know why people actually give a fuck about what some other user from some god forsaken country ate for breakfast.
[/quote]

I seriously don’t know what happened lately:

"Took a shower

Combed my hair

Walked the dog

now i’m posting here"

I use it for posting my pics and stuff, or asking about things people know better than me, eBay for instance. These two threads (“talk whatever you please” and “what did you do”) are perfect for not creating topics, but simply discussing things.

Yay I agree with bleach for once!

I actually am interested in what people did today. Unless its boring. But people like JohnnyExhale actually have pretty good stories.

I’m not interested in talking about how great Tarantino films are. I come here BECAUSE of how great Tarantino films are. And anyone who realizes his greatness probably knows about other forms of entertainment that I should check out. Thats whats cool about topics like rate your films or what song are you listening to.

The human race is fueled my materialism, whether it be actual, spiritual or intellectual. There is nothing to be gained in talking about what everybody likes forever. Everything becomes old eventually. Only by learning new things and arguing for or against ideas can you keep anybody involved in the discussions of this forum.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
Yay I agree with bleach for once!
[/quote]

Ah! So you usually don’t agree with me?

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
I’m not interested in talking about how great Tarantino films are. I come here BECAUSE of how great Tarantino films are. And anyone who realizes his greatness probably knows about other forms of entertainment that I should check out. Thats whats cool about topics like rate your films or what song are you listening to.
[/quote]

exactly. and Im still sure that once another tarantino film is going to show up, we will be discussing a lot about him again. like during the Kill Bill hype. there is a reason the Kill Bill board is still one of the biggest boards on this forum.

I’ve never criticised the song or the “rate your film” topics. I actually love to check out topics like the “what dvd did you buy” because it’s an unofficial source of dvd recommendations from people who seem to have similar movie taste like myself. The “what did you do” topic is another question. Of course it’s a free forum and everybody has the right to post what he/she wants, but seeing that topic as one of the most popular ones on the board is saying something about the present state of affairs. I’ve been a member of this forum for almost 3 years now, long before the Kill Bill hype. And the discussion back in the day was always about film, not about the type of cereal I love. Hype has nothing or little to do with it.

Yes, this is a film forum. I love talking film, but i also like talking shit with people who love film.

oh and shit, as you probably already know, my sig changes every 30 secs. I have never come across this but it just said: “Quentin Tarantino is a female force.” Mother fuckers!

[quote=“Scarface”]
I’ve never criticised the song or the “rate your film” topics. I actually love to check out topics like the “what dvd did you buy” because it’s an unofficial source of dvd recommendations from people who seem to have similar movie taste like myself. The “what did you do” topic is another question. Of course it’s a free forum and everybody has the right to post what he/she wants, but seeing that topic as one of the most popular ones on the board is saying something about the present state of affairs. I’ve been a member of this forum for almost 3 years now, long before the Kill Bill hype. And the discussion back in the day was always about film, not about the type of cereal I love. Hype has nothing or little to do with it.
[/quote]

Yes exactly!

The topics like “Rate your films” or “What DVD did you just buy” are good to see if I should watch a film or buy a particular DVD based on those who like the same films I do.

It’s topics like “What did you do today?”, “The Surprise Me Topic” “Official funny links and pics topic” “Ever caught your parents doing it?” - that do my fucking nut in. I’m not TOTALLY against the idea, post in those kind of topics by all means, just don’t make posting in topics like that the primary reason for visiting this board. It seems people post more in CHAT RABBIT SLIM’S than anywhere else. Heck, that section didn’t even come in my top 5 topics by posts, but now I think it is right at the top. I have stooped down to that low level, which is just sad.

As you say, back in the day, people mostly posted about film related matters. Even before Kill Bill, there were a lot of discussions about QT and his films. Now a new wave of posters have arrived and the quality of this board has decreased immensely. It’s stupid to think that you should only talk about a film when the next big QT film is going to be released.

There are hardly any good film related discussions. The last good discussion I had was with you, and that was probably the only good discussion for months. Before, it seemed I was always involved in some deep discussion with at least another 4 members.

It’s kind of sad really, as Seb has during the past year or so tried to put some organisation into this board. He has introduced so many new sections, and tries to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. However, there are so little discussions going on that having a having a nice, tidy board serves no purpose.

My reasons for being here are different it seems, to those new posters who joined up within the last year. I come here to talk about Quentin Tarantino, his films and other film-related things in general. I don’t need to talk about my life outside of film here as I have friends and family who I can talk to about. A lot of people use this place to talk about things that they don’t have anybody to talk to about. To be honest that’s quite sad. What I’m trying to get at is, use this board to talk about films first, all the other random shit, like what you did today, or what type of cereal you love, leave that for your friends outside the forum.

I guess what I’m also getting at is that, and yes this is a touchy subject, but there are a lot of internet geeks here who have no lives outside of the internet. These people often have nobody else to talk (mostly due to their own anti-social tendencies) to, so they release, what a normal person would to their friends, in a forum. I don’t need to tell people about all the other shit about my life. I came here because at the time there weren’t anybody else I could talk to about QT and his films, nobody I knew seemed to be a fan. Now that I’m in Uni, I do have people to talk to about it, but for some reason I still come to talk to other QT fans. That is the reason why I don’t like when some random guy adds me to MSN, I don’t know why the fuck they would want to talk to me, if you want to talk about film, discuss it with me on here. I only like talking to my friends and family on MSN and that’s only because I’m too far away from them to talk to them in person.

Fuck I’ve gone on for so long, but I think I’ve vented my frustrations.

What I would like are more intelligent, deep discussions related to film.

seconded

Im not saying I don’t want intelligent, deep discussions related to film. they would be welcome. but the new posters are contributing. I really liked Copperhead’s topics that discuss tarantino film’s one by one.

I was washed out here with the Kill Bill wave. I loved the community and in the year that I’ve spent here I’ve learned so much about cinema, that it’s surprising. I am now literally addicted to films, I know lots about styles, I can now spot references in famous authors’ works and I can refer to other movies when talking or thinking about a specific one. After watching a previously unseen work that thrills or amuses me, I can always discuss it with other members, lots of them experts here. It’s a great feeling to belong to a group of people with whom I can share my experiences and from whom I can learn more. Usually people look up film info on IMDB, for me it’s second after the Tarantino archives, which is much, much more, a great film database with quality opinions and discussions. This is the ultimate movie forum, not Tarantino only. Hell, it teaches more than school does.

[quote=“Bleach”]
I was washed out here with the Kill Bill wave. I loved the community and in the year that I’ve spent here I’ve learned so much about cinema, that it’s surprising. I am now literally addicted to films, I know lots about styles, I can now spot references in famous authors’ works and I can refer to other movies when talking or thinking about a specific one. After watching a previously unseen work that thrills or amuses me, I can always discuss it with other members, lots of them experts here. It’s a great feeling to belong to a group of people with whom I can share my experiences and from whom I can learn more. Usually people look up film info on IMDB, for me it’s second after the Tarantino archives, which is much, much more, a great film database with quality opinions and discussions. This is the ultimate movie forum, not Tarantino only. Hell, it teaches more than school does.
[/quote]

:o Whoah ! We couldn’t write something better than this. I must admit that I learn a lot with the forum too. Of course about QT, but cinema in general aswell, and I progress a lot with my english… :wink:

Yes, you certainly do, I’ve noticed that! A smart girl, ain’t you? :-*

And same here - since I usually look up words and phrases in the computer dictionary before posting something more detailed, they just stay in my memory and my vocabulary expands. I actually feel twice as good in english than a year ago.

I think what we miss around here is personality, passion and well a new goddamn QT flick…

Guys like winslowleach, bullet, buono, DNS they kept shit alive. Discussed with a passion. They would really fight for their opinion with great passion…

With them gone the fire has gone out…or at least tempered.

The best guys and girls who are still here are far too nice :stuck_out_tongue:

And if you want better discussions…why not start some! All the other discussions on QT are as dead as disco and the “the briefcase topic”

Hope things will change when grindhous hits cinema’s. Untill then I will be checking out other contributions by the same people with great love for movies and taste for other great stuff in life. It has happened more than once that guys like scarface or laydback have given me great suggestions for real gems on DVD. thanks again guys! 8)