Things that could ruin Inglourious Basterds

Look… :slight_smile:breathes In this big bad world, full of billions of people, there are some, if you can quite believe it, who don’t like Brad Pitt or his acting… He was pretty once but like Robert Redford, his looks have fucked off to another planet. However, to me, his acting has always been utter crap and the few bits and pieces we’ve seen of him in IB don’t exactly convince me that he is anything but a total ham.

However, that’s only one opinion out of billions of others. Rest easy, safe in the knowledge that I don’t speak for everyone else - yet.

Brad Pitt reminds me so much of Clark Gable. Anyone feel the same way?

I was watching the “A Star Is Born” special features last night and, by the way it was one of the biggest premieres in Hollywood - ever! And Clark Gable appeared and he was so tall and projected such a presence and he reminded me a lot of Brad. Weird.

[quote=“Cyd”]
I don’t think Tarantino does it for the awards now. Unlike Eastwood who delivers a piece of crap melodramatic bullshit flick just in time for Oscar buzz.

I’m glad Quentin doesn’t make movies expecting Oscars.
[/quote]

I don’t think he ever did it for the awards. It’d just be cool for a great film (come on, there’s no doubt this is going to be great) to be acknowledged in lew of the “appropriate” film. And when you say melodramatic bullshit do you mean something like Gran Torino?

I think she was taking a jab at Million Dollar Baby - a great film.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Brad Pitt reminds me so much of Clark Gable. Anyone feel the same way?

I was watching the “A Star Is Born” special features last night and, by the way it was one of the biggest premieres in Hollywood - ever! And Clark Gable appeared and he was so tall and projected such a presence and he reminded me a lot of Brad. Weird.
[/quote]

No doubt BioBasterd. Brad really comes off to me at least as one of the few actors around that is really reminiscent of the old school movie star.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
I think she was taking a jab at Million Dollar Baby - a great film.
[/quote]

Wasn’t a huge supporter of the flick but I liked it, never mind if it was melodramatic or not.

[quote=“Cyd”]
Look… :slight_smile:breathes In this big bad world, full of billions of people, there are some, if you can quite believe it, who don’t like Brad Pitt or his acting… He was pretty once but like Robert Redford, his looks have fucked off to another planet. However, to me, his acting has always been utter crap and the few bits and pieces we’ve seen of him in IB don’t exactly convince me that he is anything but a total ham.

However, that’s only one opinion out of billions of others. Rest easy, safe in the knowledge that I don’t speak for everyone else - yet.
[/quote]

You don’t think he’s a good looking cat?

I mean I ain’t no fag but Brad is a good looking man. If I had no choice or some such shit and I had to choose one dude to fuck I’d fuck Brad Pitt. ;D Just saw True Romance again.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
No doubt BioBasterd. Brad really comes off to me at least as one of the few actors around that is really reminiscent of the old school movie star.
[/quote]

Agreed!

If you were talking George Clooney, I’d agree but not Pitt, never Pitt.

I really hate the shitty acting elements of this film. ::slight_smile: >:( :frowning:

Mike Myers- I thought he would try to redeem himself after “The love Guru” and give a great performance in IB, but instead he looks like a clown with all that makeup and he’s doing that really stupid fake British accent from Austin Powers.

Brad Pitt- Cyd is right

Eli Roth- His scene with Omar was horrible, it looks like the only reason QT rewritten the ending of this film was to make their characters a lot bigger.

Omar Doom- I’m really tired of QT kissing this guy’s boney gay overused ass. He’s the worst actor I’ve ever seen in a QT movie, he can’t even look into a direction without looking ridiculous and forced.

[Internet trash talking mode]I’m looking forward to the days after IB has come out, when Pitt and his Basterds have pwned the shit out of everybody and you two have to eat up those things you wrote[/Internet trash talking mode]

[quote=“SharpestLives16”]
I really hate the shitty acting elements of this film. ::slight_smile: >:( :frowning:

Mike Myers- I thought he would try to redeem himself after “The love Guru” and give a great performance in IB, but instead he looks like a clown with all that makeup and he’s doing that really stupid fake British accent from Austin Powers.

Brad Pitt- Cyd is right

Eli Roth- His scene with Omar was horrible, it looks like the only reason QT rewritten the ending of this film was to make their characters a lot bigger.

Omar Doom- I’m really tired of QT kissing this guy’s boney gay overused ass. He’s the worst actor I’ve ever seen in a QT movie, he can’t even look into a direction without looking ridiculous and forced.

[/quote]

If you don’t like it why spend minutes bitching about it on a Tarantino fan page.

I think you should just enjoy your Michael Bay movies, I hear Transformers 2 will be released this year…I think.

i like brad pitt…but im a little worried about his participation in IB; we would be crazy to come to any conclusion in something like this just by watching the trailers, but i have to admit he doesnt look wonderfull as aldo rayne; he doesnt seem as tough as i expected the character to be, but we can be hugely mistaken…but he doesnt look terrible also; i wouldnt call him a bad actor in any way

when i like someboby, i tend to be forgiven about any flaws; for example, hayden christensen’s sometimes forced acting doesnt bother me very much; i actually think he is ok in Atack of the Clones; but brad pitt is way beyond that level

another thing that i would like to point out is, if we were tarantino fans before he did Pulp Fiction, wouldnt we be also worried about Travolta’s participation in that movie? His acting was very well recieved but he seems a little strange sometimes, specially when he forces Vincent Vega’s accent…and more importantly then all, we should trust tarantino; he knows better then we do :slight_smile:

[quote=“moura”]
i like brad pitt…but im a little worried about his participation in IB; we would be crazy to come to any conclusion in something like this just by watching the trailers, but i have to admit he doesnt look wonderfull as aldo rayne; he doesnt seem as tough as i expected the character to be, but we can be hugely mistaken…but he doesnt look terrible also; i wouldnt call him a bad actor in any way

when i like someboby, i tend to be forgiven about any flaws; for example, hayden christensen’s sometimes forced acting doesnt bother me very much; i actually think he is ok in Atack of the Clones; but brad pitt is way beyond that level

another thing that i would like to point out is, if we were tarantino fans before he did Pulp Fiction, wouldnt we be also worried about Travolta’s participation in that movie? His acting was very well recieved but he seems a little strange sometimes, specially when he forces Vincent Vega’s accent…and more importantly then all, we should trust tarantino; he knows better then we do :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Good point. Plus until we see all the performances within the context of the movie we really won’t be able to make a good judgement, it would just be unfair to the actors and QT.
[quote=“BioBasterd”]
If you don’t like it why spend minutes bitching about it on a Tarantino fan page.

I think you should just enjoy your Michael Bay movies, I hear Transformers 2 will be released this year…I think.
[/quote]

No shit. Especially since they probably haven’t seen the movie…

I really REALLY hated the idea of Brad Pitt being in this movie for so long. Then I went and watched a ton of his movies, and you know what? He’s a good actor. Ugly as fuck to me, which is why I never cared for him, but pretty fuckin good in a lot of his scenes. I think I’ll like him just fine here because he’s not playing a “pretty boy” role, he’s playing a psychotic WWII LT! From what I’ve seen so far, I’m damned near impressed.

You mean you never saw a single BP movie before Basterds was announced?

Fight Club, Se7en, Snatch, Babel, Benjamin Button…

He’s our modern day Clark Gable - shame on you!

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
You mean you never saw a single BP movie before Basterds was announced?

Fight Club, Se7en, Snatch, Babel, Benjamin Button…

He’s our modern day Clark Gable - shame on you!
[/quote]

LOL! Of COURSE I SAW a lot of them, but I just never was able to look at him much. When I paid attention to him, I discovered that he’s pretty cool… Good thing too, cos that dude is fugly.

He looks like a retarded monkey. He actually played a monkey on one episode of Jackass. I have it on my dvd. He didn’t need the mask in my opinion.

On the subject of acting…

Looking forward to seeing: Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Daniel Bruhl, Til Schweiger, Michael Fassbender, Gedeon Burkhard

Looking backward to seeing: Eli Roth, Mike Myers, Omar Doom, Michael Bacall

I’m looking forward to seeing all of them. I think they’re all going to shine in this film.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I’m looking forward to seeing all of them. I think they’re all going to shine in this film.
[/quote]

Of course you are. You’d look forward to seeing Lindsay Lohan playing Shosanna in this movie and Eli Roth playing–oh, wait… :stuck_out_tongue: