Tarantino Criticism Irritates Italian Film Industry

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
did you see blackbook? If you didnt, well DONT. It sucks ass.
[/quote]

no it doesn’t

[quote=“Angel”]
Seriously though, the Swedes have Moodysson who is a great director and you have fucking INGMAR BERGMAN. What are you complaining about?!!!
[/quote]

isn’t he this minor filmmaker who did minor films like wild strawberries? 8)

[quote=“Bad Max”]
There’s like 40 different ‘‘Beck’’ movies and 20 ‘‘Wallander’’ films
[/quote]
I like the Wallander books :slight_smile:

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
Its probably for the best that you didn’t…You haven’t missed a lot :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Or you did mis a lot? You know Pieter Kuijpers? He’s made Van God Los and Off Screen, both great movies. Simon is also great.

i love italian cinema

but tarantino is right italian cinema (and not only that but european cinema in genral) is nuthin like it was back in the good days,the all or nothing days,the vanishing point days the dirty mary crazy larry days…oh alright

no but seriously i love the italoploitatio with all the gialli and horror films and i adore the spaghetti westerns and it hurts to see what gets produced in italy today

Tarantino is right about everything.

[quote=“heavybloozer”]
i love italian cinema

but tarantino is right italian cinema (and not only that but european cinema in genral) is nuthin like it was back in the good days,the all or nothing days,the vanishing point days the dirty mary crazy larry days…oh alright

no but seriously i love the italoploitatio with all the gialli and horror films and i adore the spaghetti westerns and it hurts to see what gets produced in italy today
[/quote]

Italian cinema was a unique industry. The producer who was making sergio corbucci westerns was also doing visconti films. Sergio leone DP and editor were regularly working with Pasolini. The guy who wrote the Battle of Algiers and Queimada also wrote Il Mercenario and El chuncho and the big gundown It was very dynamic. The “exploitation” cinema from Italy is not all that there is to see. it’s just one of the best cinema ever 8)

[quote=“Biohazard”]
[/quote]

You mean, like when he said that he found that the Indian guy from American Idol attractive? :smiley:

If Tarantino said so, then he must be attractive.

[quote=“Jelle”]
Or you did mis a lot? You know Pieter Kuijpers? He’s made Van God Los and Off Screen, both great movies. Simon is also great.
[/quote]

Yes! Those are lovely movies! I also liked “Lek”. I will think of more Dutch movies…

Somehow they miss a lot though…I don’t think there is a real dutch masterpiece…

[quote]no it doesn’t[/quote]

Oh, but YES it does suck fucking balls.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
[/quote]

Yes, yes he is

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews … 2820070907”>http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSL0789522820070907</LINK_TEXT>

LOL! The Italian guy says at the end “Tarantino should look at his own films before talking about ours”.

Riiiiiight. Go suck on a canneloni ya putz.