Quentin's favorite Spaghetti Westerns

This is the FIRST time I’ve heard about this list :wink: ;D

But yeah, good work Seb! It’s a good-looking list. I’d also like to know about any other film lists he has. I can’t wait for my belated birthday present and of course all the other juicy news. 2009 is gonna be AWESOME!!

[quote=“21grams”]
A guy genre, ah ah ah. And we women are supposed to love Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing, off course, aren’t we? stupid cliché. ::slight_smile:
[/quote]

You’re a girl? I did NOT know that :slight_smile:

If I wasn’t the man I was I could kiss you, Sebastian. :-*

[quote=“Sebastian”]
already done…

just watch The Deuce the coming days :wink:
[/quote]

can’t wait… i feel like a crackhead waiting for his dealer

Yeah the grindhouse top 20 list will be published at the Deuce this weekend, and there’ll also be a topic and a frontpage entry for that here at the QTA of course.

As for Bio’s question. i don’t have a camera. but i do have audio of that, which i might publish in the future. but i have limited time. i have audio of all my 2007 interviews, none of which i’ve had the time yet to edit and put online…

So what do you guys think about this list? print it out, check off what you’ve seen!

[quote=“el duderino”]
If I wasn’t the man I was I could kiss you, Sebastian. :-*
[/quote]

That statement doesn’t go well with you avatar ;D

[quote=“Sebastian”]
yeah the grindhouse top 20 list will be published at the deuce this weekend, and there’ll also be a topic and a frontpage entry for that here at the QTA of course.

and as for bio’s question. i dont have a camera. but i do have audio of that, which i might publish in the future. but i have limited time. i have audio of all my 2007 interviews, none of which i’ve had the time yet to edit and put online…

so what do you guys think about this list? print it out, check off what you’ve seen!
[/quote]

Are all the grindhouse interviews form 2007 up?

EDIT: Ah, they’re not, shame, I’d really like to read them; <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … interviews”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Grindhouse_interviews</LINK_TEXT>

Yeah, I actually had a blast typing the Marley Shelton one up, she’s sexy in every way :-*

the list is awesome BTW, nothing but great films… i’m missing three of them but whatever… great! Btw, I just read a cool interview that was published in a french book called American Friends where he said he didn’t like El Chuncho. oh, well…

El Chuncho was great. Have you seen it ? There’s a French dvd released of the movie, great quality btw.

Oh and yeah, I’m a spaghetti western girl-fan, ahah. :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, i loooove it, great script by Franco Solinas, who also wrote Big gundown, Tepepa and the story of Il Mercenario…

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Oh and yeah, I’m a spaghetti western girl-fan, ahah. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Fair enough…

avoue que passé Trinita et Leone, il y en a pas beaucoup… oups stupid cliche ;D

[quote=“NonStop”]
EDIT: Ah, they’re not, shame, I’d really like to read them; <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … interviews”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Grindhouse_interviews</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

yeah coz I havent had the time to type the shit up… but at some point… you know… :wink: not easy to run this place all by myself. help is appreciated

My offer still stands :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
yeah the grindhouse top 20 list will be published at the deuce this weekend, and there’ll also be a topic and a frontpage entry for that here at the QTA of course.

and as for bio’s question. i dont have a camera. but i do have audio of that, which i might publish in the future. but i have limited time. i have audio of all my 2007 interviews, none of which i’ve had the time yet to edit and put online…

so what do you guys think about this list? print it out, check off what you’ve seen!
[/quote]

I think The Great Silence wouldn’t even be good at all if it weren’t for the ending. I mean it was such a rare thing to see such a down ending in a spaghetti western, they even shot an up ending which can be seen in the new dvd edition. Another thing about that film is The Great Silence, the idea of having a lead character who can’t speak was a Corbucci trademark and I dunno the whole movie was so odd, I’ve never seen anything quite like it ever.

To me the bestb western is Once Upon A Time In The West. The way it is shot and just the story. Those were the golden days of cinema, Robards as Cheyenne and Peter Fonda was also in it. That film is the Leone trademark I tells ya.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
To me the bestb western is Once Upon A Time In The West. The way it is shot and just the story. Those were the golden days of cinema, Robards as Cheyenne and Peter Fonda was also in it. That film is the Leone trademark I tells ya.
[/quote]

Except it’s not… it’s The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

How dare you contest my authoritah!

I’m surprised Duck, You Sucker isn’t on the list. :-</E>

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
I think The Great Silence wouldn’t even be good at all if it weren’t for the ending.
[/quote]

i don’t agree, the Great Silence, is a very good film with or without this ending. he could have killed the bad guy at the end, still it would have been great. it has a strong feeling of tragedy that runs through it that makes it really unique. the idea of having a mute character came on the set, from JL Trintignant. and it works great. the hero looks good, and the bad guy as well… Apart from that, the set is great (check out Day of the outlaws by Andre De Toth another wonderful western set up in a snowy village). and the atmosphere is priceless… several scenes with Frank Wolf as the sherif are not very good, though. hands down, one of my personal favourite is the scene where the girl takes care of the hero after he got beat up: no dialogue, shot with long lenses, very dark and yet gentle and erotic. an amazing scene!

[quote=“Ify”]
Except it’s not… it’s The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!
[/quote]

word!

[quote=“Ify”]
I’m surprised Duck, You Sucker isn’t on the list. :-</E>
[/quote]

it’s with the runners up…

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
Apart from that, the set is great (check out Day of the outlaws by Andre De Toth another wonderful western set up in a snowy village). and the atmosphere is priceless… [/quote]

After I watched The Great Silence, I watched this movie too cause I didn’t know much about it, even if I loved Andre De Toth for House of Wax at that time, or even The Indian Fighter and Hidden Fear.

Western + snow = priceless atmosphere. That for sure. It changes the whole thing after Leone’s sweating characters.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Western + snow = priceless atmosphere. That for sure. It changes the whole thing after Leone’s sweating characters.
[/quote]

absolutely. and also the mute anti-hero and the music