QT's Top Movie List

Ehm Wayne’s World was directed by Penelope Spheeris, not Mike Myers…just for the record :wink:

Thanks, I didn’t know it, but Myers was my best guess.

Did anybody of you watch Funny Games? Sebastian, you?

nope. what’s it about?

It’s the most shocking movie I’ve ever seen. The first time I’ve seen I couldn’t even laugh.

But the strangest fact acout is that it’s from Austria, there aren’t many Austrian movies. This movie is a real masterpiece. You should watch it!

well actually there are lots of Austrian movies and most of them aren’t bad. tell me the Austrian title and I tell you if I’ve seen it.

I can’t see Tarantino kissing anyones ass. He likes what he likes. And like someone said here, lists do change over time. I love all types of movies and I feel like it would be hard to pick a top ten list of anything.

-Jason

I think it’s weird that someone like QT has a top-list or someting, he must know so many films its harder for him to create such a list than it is for us

I got confused.Is this the QT’s favorite movie section or what? I’ve putted my top 10 movies list in another section

Funny Games?

I’ve seen this one, crazy fucking movie, never knew if I liked it or not. The begining of the movie was excellent, during the opening credits a happy family is driving a car on the country side and the music is as hard and dark as a really hard and dark thing. It’s great, you just have to see what this movie is all about.

One of QT’s favs is Days of Thunder? That was like my guilty pleasure in the guilty pleasure topic. I like to watch it, and it’s on late night TV all the time. Maybe Tarantino compared it to Driven (the Sylvester Stallone movie)… haha

my films are a tad werid and not as “appreciated” perhaps… but here goes nothing:

first off, EVERYTHING by

john carpenter

p.t. anderson

q.t.

and,

todd solondz

these men are flippin’ brilliant. i luv them i luv them i luv them.

as per films on an individual basis:

• the ice cream man (such a piss… too funny of a flick)
  • murder by death
  • peeping tom
  • glengary glen ross
  • this is spinal tap
  • goodfellas
  • american beauty
  • ringu (you know… back in 97 before america ruined it)
  • suspiria
  • run, lola, run
  • clownhouse & jeepers creepers (even though they were made by victor “the child molester” salva)
  • american psycho
  • fight club
  • carrie

okay, that seems way too long… i’ll stop right there… i’m sure there are more, but those are the ones i can watch over and over again and never miss a beat.

In an interview QT said his three favorite films are Taxi Driver, Rio Bravo, and Blow Out. Do you have Blow Out, Its pretty fuckin’ good.

[quote]In an interview QT said his three favorite films are Taxi Driver, Rio Bravo, and Blow Out. Do you have Blow Out, Its pretty fuckin’ good.[/quote]

I have all 3 of those films and they are all masterpieces.

I saw Rio Bravo yesterday (my fist Hawks movie) It was GREAT! Great dialogues especially!(no surprise for QT!)

[quote]I saw Rio Bravo yesterday (my fist Hawks movie) It was GREAT! Great dialogues especially!(no surprise for QT!)[/quote]

Rio Bravo has been one of my favorite movies since I was a kid. It used to play all the time on TNT or TBS, one of those cable stations that would re-run the shit out of stuff. Rio Bravo was the first DVD I ever Bought.

Quentin is also one of my favorite film makers. I was so stoked to find out that one of my favorites was one of his, too. Meant something to me, anyway. At comic-con he was talking about Van Sandt’s shot for shot remake of Psycho and mused about what movie he would do that to if given the chance. When he said Rio Bravo, I was the only one in the auditorium who clapped!

I think out of the original list, I’ve only seen Rio Bravo and the Good, The Bad and The Ugly and The Great Escape. I think I’ll go rent blow out.

I read somewhere that Scarface is one of his favorites!

But Hawks or de Palma? (the article wasn’t clear about this)

[quote]I read somewhere that Scarface is one of his favorites!

But Hawks or de Palma? (the article wasn’t clear about this)[/quote]

Id say he was talking about DePalmas version. Im sure he likes both though.

i don’t have a list of good movies , there are to many but al of Tarantino’s movies are good ( especially Reservoir dogs ) , and I alsow like the godfather , lord of the rings , Face/Off , etc…

i could have sworn he mentioned battle royale as being one of his favorites…

I’ve seen all the movies on QT’s list, and most of them I like. But “Blow Out”?!? “They All Laughed”?!? Yuck. “Blow Out” is not good; it’s just good for DePalma :wink:

Oh, and I read an interview way back where QT was talking about Battle Royale. Plus, Go-Go is a star in Battle Royale, so I’m sure QT is a fan. THAT is a heck of a movie.

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Quentin Tarantino (U.S.): The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone); Rio Bravo (Hawks); Taxi Driver (Scorsese); His Girl Friday (Hawks); Rolling Thunder (Flynn); They All Laughed (Bogdanovich); The Great Escape (J. Sturges); Carrie (De Palma); Coffy (Hill); Dazed and Confused (Linklater); Five Fingers of Death (Chang); Hi Diddle Diddle (Stone).
[/quote]

ok here are my comments:

GBU: one of the best westerns ever made, yet i prefer OUATITW.

Rio Bravo: Awesome.

Taxi Driver: Awesome.

His Girl Friday: I am afraid I haven’t catched this but I know it is free for downloadt at archive.org

Rolling Thunder: Pretty solid coming-home flick but not as high-quality as Taxi Driver. The shoot out at the end is great though.

They all laughed: Haven’t seen it yet.

The Great Escape: Awesome (i have the melody in my head all the time)

Carrie: Well, it is great, but it’s not my thing really.

Dazed and confused: I have yet to see this.

5 fingers of death: also.

Hi Diddle Diddle: what is this?

hehe so far from myself