QT talks about De Niro and his films

Kill bill doesn’t reference OUaTiA?!

What tune from Kill Bill is in OUATIA?

[quote=“Bleach”]
There’s a Kill Bill tune early in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly as well, my first find.

Check out Lady Snowblood trailer on Youtube, you’ll find it very interesting reference-wise, no doubt, and it’s not music only
[/quote]

I’ve been wanting to see Lady Snowblood for a long time now. I know that’s where O’ren Ishii’s character came from.

[quote=“Bleach”]
There’s a Kill Bill tune early in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly as well, my first find.
[/quote]

Do you mean Il Tramonto? The tune that plays when “The Bad” is introduced?

Aye

Do you mean to say you just found that now? :-</E>

Btw, it’s not a Kill Bill tune, it’s a GBU tune being played in Kill Bill. :wink:

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
I watched “White Lightning” a few months back, a Burt Rynolds flick, and some of the soundtrack from it was used in Kill Bill too. I was Like all ooooooooh! Coooool! When the music came on. Pretty cool flick too.
[/quote]
Did you notice the Deliverance reference in the movie.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
I’ve been wanting to see Lady Snowblood for a long time now. I know that’s where O’ren Ishii’s character came from.
[/quote]
I have Lady Snowblood but sadly when I bought it on ebay it was a burnt copy that only played to the last 25 minutes of the movie :frowning:

[quote=“me”]
I have Lady Snowblood but sadly when I bought it on ebay it was a burnt copy that only played to the last 25 minutes of the movie :frowning:
[/quote]

:o - WTF?!

Talk about being pissed…

[quote=“Ify”]
Do you mean to say you just found that now? :-</E>
[/quote]

No, as I said, my first reference found, that was long ago.

Anyway, all the references I find form time to time somehow deteriorate my love for Tarantino’s work, take a small one like the beginning of The Graduate, seems nice, but ruins my belief in his own originality

Yeah but it came with shogun assassin and lupin wolf so 2 out of 3 is not so bad…Im smarter now with ebay(at least I think I am)

[quote=“Bleach”]
No, as I said, my first reference found, that was long ago.

Anyway, all the references I find form time to time somehow deteriorate my love for Tarantino’s work, take a small one like the beginning of The Graduate, seems nice, but ruins my belief in his own originality
[/quote]

Well he is original in different ways (story telling, style etc)

I know that if I loved filmmaking and watched a thousand films a day, when I was eventually given the chance to be a filmmaker, I would want as many of my favourtite bits from my favourite films as possible in my own film. It is a way of showing your love for the art form!

QT makes films for himself first and foremost, therefore, you can’t possibly be surprised to learn that he has aspects of his favourite films in his own films!!

For everything QT steals, he is equal to those cool things as a writer and director I think. He may steal things but he will also create great shots/ideas designed by himself. Its just good filmmaking to me.

[quote=“Ify”]
Well he is original in different ways (story telling, style etc)

I know that if I loved filmmaking and watched a thousand films a day, when I was eventually given the chance to be a filmmaker, I would want as many of my favourtite bits from my favourite films as possible in my own film. It is a way of showing your love for the art form!

QT makes films for himself first and foremost, therefore, you can’t possible be surprised to learn that he has aspects of his favourite films in his own films!!
[/quote]
Exactly, I’m not sure if there’s any incredibly popular director, especially American, who hasn’t utilized, to his own way of thinking. An idea, or similarly styled scene, or piece of music from another film.

Indeed. I mean stealing is part of film. Can you think of one director that hasn’t taken something from someone else?

In QT’s films, what I like is that you aren’t watching one film as He says, but a hundred different films. Furthermore, similar to what Pete said, QT does have his own style. He IS an auteur. If you watch a Tarantino film, you KNOW that it’s a Tarantino film.

Personally, all the stuff he takes and moulds into his own visualistic style only serves to heighten my enjoyment of this mans films. To take so many things from different films, to then make it your own, is fucking genius.

Bleach, if the references you find cause you to dislike QT’s films more and more, I hate to think what would happen if you were as knowledgeable in film as a lot of the members here are. You’d probably HATE Tarantino ;D

No, actually, if you were that knowledgeable, you’d know that other directors do it all the time, just not as overtly at QT.

Taxi driver was great! and interesting too, you have must to see it, if you’re a geek you must see it! by the way, i got the movie in my collection LOL!

Greetings!

But, at the same time there are those who don’t bring any of their own vision to bear, and just abuse the title of creative license. Such as Uwe Boll, or those hacks and quacks who have been responsible for all these shitty parody, remake, and sequal sewage fests. Rather than do what Quentin or Rodriguez do which is, as you said, ify, mold an idea or scene around their own style, or writing abilities. They just want to take the idea copy it outright and say fuck everybody.

I think the stealing and references thing is also part of being a post modern auteur filmmaker as QT is. Hes commenting on pop culture and cinema itself while making new cinema.

I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a roaring rampage of revenge. I roared and I rampaged and I got bloody satisfaction.

[quote=“Ify”]
I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a roaring rampage of revenge. I roared and I rampaged and I got bloody satisfaction.
[/quote]
Good one.

i seen this very good.