Latest kill bill news!

No, they must not cut anything from the script. Sebastian, if they cut anything, lets say we shoot what they didn’t. We need an asian restauraunt and a shitload of extras. Leave the Samurai Sword to me.

Hey Mike,

When are we gonna get the next script review?

Kill Bill isn’t all sword fighting… at QT’s film fest last year he gave a demonstration of some of the kung fu fighting styles he’d have in the movie… utilizing Uma’s unique physique. To what degree they will be used in the movie I don’t know because I haven’t seen a copy of the actual shooting script (which would be the most final version of the script out there - though changes to it could be made as needed during the production).

Has anyone actually gotten their hands of the shooting script or are they the older drafts that are mainly circulating?

One side note… the first time I saw QT do some kung fu moves it was back at his QT Fest 4… during showings of uncut prints of “Snake in the Monkey’s Shadow”, “Dragon vs. Needles of Death” and “Snake in the Eagles Shadow”… and during one of the intro’s he got up there and started talking about the different styles of kung fu and animal styles… and just what seemed as joking at first he started to actually do the moves… (and you kinda expect him to sorta do the moves)… but mannnnnn… QT was doing flawless monkey kung fu moves, mantis moves, tiger… and you name it… he nailed it… I know it maybe hard for some of you to visualize this… but it was pretty friggin cool… so you can pretty much expect him to bring that knowledge of probably every kung fu move ever made in any kung fu movies with him while shooting Kill Bill… let alone he can showcase any moves to anyone not sure how exactly they are done.

I remember reading about Quentin doing the animal style kung fu, thats great because hes one step ahead of the game if hes playing Pai Mei the ancient kung fu master. 8)

Go Go Yubari WILL NOT be played by Aki Maeda. QT himself just corrected that. Instead it will be Chiaki Kuriyama, who was also in Battle Royale.

So: GoGo Yubari - the little kick-ass schoolgirl - played by Chiaki Kuriyama.

that’s it for today I guess, don’t forget to check out the pictures of QT and the 5.6.7.8’s

Here’s some pix of Chiaki Kuriyama.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~up2y-tnk/sc … /index.htm”>http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~up2y-tnk/school/kuriyama-chiaki/index.htm</LINK_TEXT>

Some of these are when she was just a little kid.  Some are of her older.

Cool! the first set pics from Kill Bill! Quentin looks like hes having fun :slight_smile:

The cute little 5678s hubba hubba. Is that Chiyaki in the last pic with the food?

The Crazy 88s look like the Japanese version of Reservoir Dogs with those black and white suits. Cool maaan. I like the masks too 8)

I was just thinking about something. The House of Blue Leaves sounds an awful lot like The House Of Blues doesnt it? Both are like bar/restaraunts/performance places too. I wonder if theres any connection there. Maybe HOBL is like the Japanese version of the HOB ? Just a thought.

CHABERU TARANTINO!!!

Playing last night in the neogeo emulator the game “Samurai Shodown 4” I discover one of the characters in the game is Hattori Hanzo!!! the character who play Sonny Chibba in the film. Now Hattori is my favourite character in this game :slight_smile:

Saludos from Spain!

Uh…I need a translation there.

what do you mean, you need a translation there?

I say that in the videogame Samurai Shodown 4 you can play with a fighter named Hattori Hanzo

Sorry but I´m not Shakespeare! :slight_smile:

[quote]the character who play Sonny Chibba in the film. Now Hattori is my favourite character in this game :slight_smile:

Saludos from Spain![/quote]

Who play?

come on guys, if he’s spanish and not english, forgive his grammar, allright?

I read this in AICN:

“Unfortunately, I’m likely to be in China when the press screenings happen… and when it opens”- Harry Knowles about the film "Signs"

Harry in China? a future set report from Kill Bill set?

I understood what Insider said. Spongebob, since youve came on the board, youve been saying one stupid thing after another. Knock it off.

“Unfortunately, I’m likely to be in China when the press screenings happen… and when it opens”- Harry Knowles about the film “Signs”

Harrys going to China? Hmmm interesting. That would be the mother of all set reports if he went to the Kill Bill set. How sweet would that be? 8) 8) 8)

The only thing that would stop Harry from visiting the set would be if he didnt have time.

Harry and QT know each other personally. Harry knows QT is filming currently in Beijing. If Harry is in China he can go to Beijing. We will get a set report. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

J.W.

You know, you do what you can. Courage has no handicap.

G’day to all the Q’s,

I’ve been following every single tidbit from this site for a couple of weeks now. And this is just the single most complete Q site I’ve seen, well…

except you guys don’t have…

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/020717B.html

…the FIRST QT INTERVIEW SINCE HE BEGAN FILMING.

Sincerely,

Your favorite refreshment.

the reason i don’t have “this” yet, is that it’s late night here, and I just came home from watching 2 movies in a row, and now I am here on the computer and updating “this”. :wink:

it’s coming… don’t worry, I am still at it…  you don’t miss anything at www.tarantino.info not  8)

UPDATE: linked. it will be a link for a day or so, since it’s monkeypeaches content. i will wait a day and then integrate it in the site, until then its linked

the Interview is really interesting. QT talks about Chinese movies, how he would film THE BIBLE and how he hates Natural Born Killers.

WOW: once again, and still, he loathes it, goes all over with it. says he’s never seen it and all.

someone just told me, having Robert Richardson as Director of Photography on Kill Bill would be QT’s thing to get back to Stone, like showing Stone how it should be done or something. like saying “hey ollie, look at that, that was your cinematographer or something”… just an idea…