Latest kill bill news!

well, i guess you already know: SHOOTING HAS STARTED. (for more info check out the news page).

by the way: kill bill has lots of references to older tarantino movies :wink:

Ok.

Good news as always to hear again and again that Kill Bill started shooting finally, at last, halleluja!!

Now,

PLEASE tell me at least ONE refference that wansnt mentioned by Mike. Dont tell me many or some really cool ones coz i still want that element of surprise when i see the movie. Tell me one.

Pretty please with cherry on top tell me one fucking thing. :slight_smile:

J.W.

Hereā€™s a reference. When the Bride is training with Pai Mei, in that chapter, its too look like an old Kung Fu movie. They speak Japanese butā€¦when they speak English, in that scene, the english is suppose to be poorly dubbed so it looks like the lips are moving out of sync with the sound. But he doesnā€™t do this to be funny, its a serious homage to those sunday afternoon chop-a-socky flicks.

Thats really cool.

Tarantino is really something else i tell you.

Sebastian mentioned ā€˜a lot of referrences to older tarantino moviesā€™

So i would like to know one referrence to an older tarantino movie.

Thanks,

J. Winfield

1. you remember when Seth Gecko told his ā€œrulesā€ to Gloria Hill, the hostage?

Thereā€™s a similar dialogue, but I donā€™t wanna give away what itā€™s about, it would be the badest spoiler ever.

2. remember Chicks Who Love Guns from Jackie Brown? Thereā€™s a similar video in Kill Bill. itā€™s some kind of a promotion video to the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad ;_)

and there are moreā€¦ little things, like similar names, or just ideas from other QT moviesā€¦

This movie IS gonna be a film geeks wet dream like Harry Knowles said. So many surprises, we are gonna piss ourselves when we see it on the big screen. This stuff is making me even more anxious to see it now. 8)

another thing: the street, where things happen, that are related to a Nurse called Bonnie, is called Dimmick Avenue ;_) dimmick ring a bell?? ;D

Okay, for the people wondering ā€“ I canā€™t remember if it was posted here or on another site, but:

The DP of Kill Bill is: Robert Richardsonā€¦ prior credits include: JFK, Natuaral Born Killers, U-Turn, etc.

And yes, the myth is no longer a mythā€¦ QT plays the 100+ Y.O. Kung Fu Master in the filmā€¦ Heā€™s working-out everydayā€¦ (seems more of an actor than the director)ā€¦

How do I know? Iā€™m on the set.

Welcome to the board Ping. Thats awesome your on the set. Hope you can give us even more insider info on the film. Weā€™re a bunch of Kill Bill fiends here. 8)

Richardson as the DP: Im hoping QT doesnt go for the look of a NBK or a JFK. Id like to see Kill Bill look just like Pulp Fiction cinema wise.

Seb, thats a cool connection. Jimmy Dimmick, Dimmick Ave. :slight_smile:

Wasnt Larry aka Mr White from Reservoir Dogsā€™ last name Dimmick too?

The Dimmick connection was made earlier by Mike and yah it is a cool connection.

Mr. White never told Mr. Orange his last name and neither Eddy or Joe said his last name. Maybe only in the credits can we see his last name but i doubt it.

Ok call me stupid but what is a DP???

Ping its excellent to have someone on the board who is on the set of the movie. You have to keep us informed about what it going on dude!!

I would also like to see Kill Bill as a Pulp Fiction-style movie.

J.W.

DP = Director of Photography (Cinematographer).

Robert Richardsonā€™s EXCELLENT work can be seen if you watch all those Oliver Stone movies.

I can say this is by far the COOLEST news since days. Reading the script and all, I was wondering what dude can do THAT.

I think Robert Richardson is an excellent choice.

Thereā€™s lots of black/white scenes in Kill Bill. Lotā€™s of orange filters and effectsā€¦ perfect working area for Richardson.

hey ping, do you know more people working on Kill Bill (except those that are already known)?

Im just hoping Kill Bill doesnt look like JFK or NBK. I dont want it to look like an Oliver Stone film. I hope QT goes with that Douglas Sirk meets Sergio Leone style (lots of closeups, fake backgrounds etc) he has in PF. I think he used Super 35mm on PF. I loved the look of the film so much. The colors and the lighting were excellent. Pulp Fiction had almost a comic book look to it, kinda like it was synthetic or unreal. Kill Bill should look the same way.

Well, I agree on that, I sure as hell donā€™t want Kill Bill to look like NBK, which I thought was a shitty movie overall (the rape of a good QT script), and the look of it majorly underwhelmed me. But Iā€™m quite confident that Kill Bill will be kick-ass on all fronts, since Quentin is, as we all know, a brilliant director who wouldnā€™t in a million years let a single-minded director of photography screw up his new epic. Gawd i need to know more Kill Bill-stuff, please guys, keep those script reviews coming ! Oh, and the dude on the set, donā€™t forget to take some pics for us pleeze ! :wink:

Thanks for clearing that up for me Seb.

Oliver Stone movies are excellent Platoon, Any GIven Sunday, JFK, Natural Born Killersā€¦ are all these Richardosn? If so then wooooo hoo for Tarantino the genius picking a really good choice for photography

Kill Bill would look cooler if it was like PF and i personally think its gonna be a mixture of the two great minds Tarantino and RIchardson thats gonna be the outcome.

Ping send some pics dude!!

Tell us more dude! Dont just say oh yeah im at the set of Kill Bill and not give us anything excpet for the DP. ALright its up to u man.

J.W.

i think i have to clear some things up in here.

FORGET PF, just forget it. it has NOTHING to do with the style of Kill Bill.

Kill Bill is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. ABSOLUTELY. If people wouldnā€™t know it, they wouldnā€™t think itā€™s from the same director as PF.

Kill Bill is a mixture of old Shaw Brothers Kung fu flicks, italian horror, revenge, spaghetti western etcā€¦

there are LOTS OF black/white, orange filtersā€¦ etcā€¦ that will be the perfect playground for our Mr Richardson.

There will be also lots of F/X and stuffā€¦ forget PF, guys, Kill Bill will look totally different.

I for one loved the look of Natural Born Killers.The different formats,color,black and whiteā€¦it was very fascinating.A visual masterpiece.

I was disappointed to see some of Quentinā€™s scenes not being used of course.Especially the courtroom sequence.

What Im getting at is the entire atmosphere of the film. Id rather see it look like The Good The Bad and The Ugly than Platoon or JFK. Do ya get what I mean?

The orange filters and the other FX are really great. But that doesnt mean the film stock is gonna change. QT may shoot the whole film on Super 35, then add the FX on a computer afterwards. Anyway, it sounds like hes gonna be creating some really interesting atmospheres in the film. I cant wait to see how he does it.

Iā€™d love to see some Fulci style in this movie.Fulciā€™s moviesā€¦the photography,editing,directionā€¦he is one of my favorites.Like the amazing scene in the Beyond when we first see blind Liza on that bridge!

I know that any attempt to recreate Fulciā€™s brutality will be cut,but we can at least hope for an uncut dvd.

In a perfect world Kill Bill would go out as NC-17.

From what Ive read in the reviews, QT is gonna be using Lucio Fulci type sequences in the film. I really hope he does it a certain way so we can still see it in the theater. I know Fulcis films are pretty brutal (I have The Beyond, Zombie and Four of The Apocalypse on DVD). Hopefully weā€™ll get lucky.

The great thing about QT is hes like utilizing all the best things about film. Most filmmakers dont do this anymore. They just make movies about situations, but they dont tell a story like QT does. Kill Bill sounds like hes gonna be invoking the spirits of all the late filmmakers he loves and bring them back in his film. So in the end it will be like a Grindhouse masterpiece. A tribute to all the greats in one film. 8)

Another thing Im thinking about is this whole MPAA thing. I mean it would be so great if QT was able to release his film in theaters no matter how violent it is. Who wants to see an edited film, when the violence is the main theme of the film? Those bastards better let this film come out unedited. I wanna see it as it is intended to be seen.

If thereā€™s one Tarantino movie Iā€™d like to see style elements from in the look of Kill Bill, itā€™s From Dusk Till Dawn - Iā€™d like to see the raw energy of that one brought to the screen in a similar way. Of course this has more to do with editing than with photography, I suppose :wink: