Killshot (2006, pending release) - Lane, Rourke, Dawson

[quote]Didn’t he say that he wasn’t like directors such as Miike, not Allen? I could have sworn I read that somewhere. And even if Tarantino doesn’t hit the bong or go looking for pussy all the time, IB will most likely take years to film anyway because of its length. So any projects right now will slow down an already lagging pace.[/quote]

Exactly. He’s slow enough as it is. Why bog himself down anymore? Just so we can see him act? I think we’ve all seen that before, and it is not a pretty sight.

[quote]

Exactly.  He’s slow enough as it is.  Why bog himself down anymore?  Just so we can see him act?  I think we’ve all seen that before, and it is not a pretty sight.[/quote]

I wish QT could act half as good as he writes, then we’d have something on our hands.

I agree wholeheartedly.

QT doesn’t do a bad job when he’s just acting like his regular self, like the beginning scene in Reservoir Dogs. He did such a horrible job in FDTD because he was acting out of character and supposed to be playing the part of someone with a different type personality. I think if QT ever made a documentary type film (maybe a mockumentary), like Jarmusch’s Coffee and Cigarettes, he may have something on his hands.

I thought he was good in Desperado too, and in Pulp he wasn’t that bad!! :-[

He acts about as well as any bum you pick off the street so long as you send that bum to acting classes first. Sometimes he can be passable, particularly in character bits, but lets put it this way: he has a career as an actor only because he’s a famous director. Not the other way around. This shit can fly for directors like Clint Eastwood or Tim Robbins who are just as entertaining when they are doing somebody else’s movies as when they are doing their own, but Tarantino is just the opposite. I find him abysmal when in cameos and costarring spots in movies other than his own.

so the general consensus is that this idea is wack

tarantino should be directing as much as he can, nobody gets as much attention as he does with only 4 movies under his belt, he should take advantage

he should direct this movie, and stay out of it

A cameo would be nice though just like a few seconds thing.

I like Quentin’s acting. It’s unique. I love all of his roles, especially his in…shit I love em all.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out my favorite QT line

[quote]so the general consensus is that this idea is wack

tarantino should be directing as much as he can, nobody gets as much attention as he does with only 4 movies under his belt, he should take advantage

he should direct this movie, and stay out of it[/quote]

i agree with hellhound here, QT isn’t a very good actor at all, even in FOUR ROOMS where he is almost playing himself, he still sucks at it.

(if you are unfamiliar with 4 rooms, QT plays a new hotshot director staying in the penthouse suite)

Man , i love QT’s acting. From Dusk Til Dawn… absolutly halarious

the bar story in Desperado? Couldnt have been pulled off better by anyone

Nice to know, someone appreciates his acting cough talent.

Actually I do like when QT takes on rolls, because even if he’s not the best actor, every character he plays is signature Tarantino. You never see characters like the ones he plays pop up in other movies, he’s a unique bird. Besides who can deliver the writing exactly how he wants it besides himself. Just imagine is some one else asked about dead nigger storage or who the fuck opened this bottle of crystal. Besides there is actually a little ground to his acting, I was watching his Trio special week long thing, and he played a movie that the main character was like a James Dean type character. And I swear to god he acted exactly like QT does normally, same mannerisms and dialogue delivery. I’m positive that character was a huge influence on a young white trash QT. If anyone knows the name of the film I’m talking about it stared the sheriff from vol 1 like filmed in the 50s.

[quote]  who can deliver the writing exactly how he wants it besides himself.  [/quote]

Samuel L Jackson

amen

tarantinos a funny motherfucker

i thought he played the sociopath brother perfectly in from dusk till dawn

anyone who thinks other wise is a lame ass kunt

I think Tarantino is generally terrible as an actor, and really up his ass when it comes to his opinion of his acting abilities.

As a director? The best working.

He should stick with the latter.

Acting wise, FDTD was Tarantino at his best. Otherwise, he’s just too fucking obvious to blend into a character and act. He’s nice to watch and all that, for me at least. But sometimes it’s like a train wreck. Damn I hate to say this, but it’s true. But hey, if you can get the gigs, why not do them. And he seems to be able to get them, despite it all.

Bakehead. He he he. I love that word.

[quote=“JN6six6”]
I think Tarantino is generally terrible as an actor, and really up his ass when it comes to his opinion of his acting abilities.

As a director? The best working.

He should stick with the latter.
[/quote]

He is also the best writer in my opinion.

ok it is somehow official that Shakespeare in Love director John Madden will direct Killshot.

so we can close this file :slight_smile:

JoBlo - Movie News, Latest Trailers, and More