Hostel

Roth’s already thinking about a sequel:

“Hostel 2? I’m thinking about it. I think it depends how HOSTEL does. I purposely wrote HOSTEL in a way that there wouldn’t be a sequel, but now I’ve got a lot of ideas and things. Quentin and I were talking about some stuff and we have something really cool that I think could be a really good sequel for this actually. So I had such a fun time shooting this movie that I thought: ‘You know what? Hell, I’d love to go back to the Czech republic and shoot in Europe with all new characters and locations.’ I had a blast making this film. I’d love to do another one.”

Italian poster :

haha thats such a ripoff from the Maniac! poster

Except the Hostel one looks better.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
haha thats such a ripoff from the Maniac! poster

[/quote]

:o How could they do that ?

That’s what I thought when I first saw it.

I can´t find anything that sais it will premier in sweden…anybody??

Your swedish, Thats awesome! me too :laugh: :slight_smile:

it will probably become a direct to dvd movie here in Sweden.

oh that´s just WRONG!

[quote=“Bad Max”]
it will probably become a direct to dvd movie here in Sweden.
[/quote]

why should it?

i am sure it will be a success in the USA which makes it a promising movie everywhere else. especially since it has QT written all over it

[quote=“The Seb”]
why should it?

i am sure it will be a success in the USA which makes it a promising movie everywhere else. especially since it has QT written all over it
[/quote]
Didn’t you know : In Sweden the good movies never makes it to the cinema :wink:

Napoleon Dynamite did pretty good in America, right? and it won a lot of popcorn at MTV movie awards.

But it came out on dvd like a week ago but was not shown at cinema.

Does anyone know how much QT was involved in this flick? I hope he put more work into this compared to Iron Monkey, Hero, etc…

I finally got a chance to use to use the amazon.com link. Keep this site going everybody.

[quote=“young_master”]
Does anyone know how much QT was involved in this flick? I hope he put more work into this compared to Iron Monkey, Hero, etc…

I finally got a chance to use to use the amazon.com link. Keep this site going everybody.
[/quote]

Quentin is an executive producer and presenter/promoter of Hostel, that's it, he has nothing to do with the film itself, he just put his money into it and now he's telling everyone to see it so can he can get double out of it 8)

When does this play in Europe?

According to Eli Roth, QT did a little detail work on the script.

edit: Or, maybe not? I was pretty sure about that, but then again, I just read through this and it does sound like Roth wrote the thing all by himself.

Tarantino suggested some things for the script (one great change in particular) and the fact taht the idea should be done in the first place.

well between you and I… the movie, although remarkable, correct and inspiring lacks the usual pun and tongue and cheek play Tarantino is known for.

1. continuity
  2. graffic content and language
  3. one cameo reference to his usual cast selections of actors.

what i think most remarkable about the movie is the unknown territory of eastern europe, its history in the war II and its recent change in political stance with NATO

the buildings, the set, the people and the children… make the movie realistic

the torturings and scenes are too graphic… and contrived mixture of “chainsaw massacre”

“It’s Alive” and "Night of the Living Dead"

I felt like what was said about his reaction to rob zombies’ comment on Entertainment Tonight saying “House of Wax” ~~"Tarantino’s movies pale in comparison to this one"

after seeing “Hostel” I think Tarentino rules in content and intent above Rob Zombies

style. A direct reprisal from a pop icon (Tarentino) and a recovered crystal methy addict

(Zombie) regardless a well executed and artistic movie if viewed with strong mind and

ability to block out gore.

LONG LIVE ROMERO!!!

You know Tarantino didn’t make Hostel right?

ok so what are you saying?

[quote=“RonSalinasCA”]
ok so what are you saying?
[/quote]
Eli roth made it. tarantino had nothing to do with it except the whole “presents” on it(and a something on the script), to attract a wider audience for the film.

like he did with hero and a whole other bunch of films.