Feminists in Britain attack Grindhouse & Tarantino

I just wanted to add one more thing.

Going back to the initial article I posted… I wonder if Emma watched Jackie Brown and what her opinion of that film is. Aside from unfairly hating QT, she seems to hate films that depict women as being equally violent as men. KB, GH, and PF fall into this category.

Jackie Brown, on the other hand, is a unique film in that there is no instance of a female character being physically violent. It’s more about the relationship of two older people. Would Emma Wood bitch about this film because of Pam Grier’s history as a Blaxploitation actress? Something tells me she would.

If you hate violence then I would think JB is the most feminist of all QT’s films.

These British feminists should study the history of a filmmaker and all of their previous works before they place judgement.

Well his last three films have featured women in strong roles. Now, don’t get me wrong, those movies were great but I think it’s time he switched it up a little! I hope Inglorious Basatards is all about real men kicking some real ass, enough with strong women already! That’s why 300 is so popular, it’s a movie for men and QT has the ability to do such a thing, and he should do it.

[quote]For equality to even begin, girls and only girls must be sent to fight wars for the next million years to make up for men sacrificing their lives. The dangerous jobs should only go to the girls to make up for mens’ suffering.
[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more. Women don’t have the physical prowess to endure what men can handle…let alone fight a war. But again it’s a movie, so seeing this kind of stuff is permissable if you ask me.

And another thing, I think audiences are getting sick of heroines. You have shit like Underworld, Bloodrayne, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Elektra, and the list goes on and on…enough is enough!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
And another thing, I think audiences are getting sick of heroines. You have shit like Underworld, Bloodrayne, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Elektra, and the list goes on and on…enough is enough!
[/quote]

Enough is enough? So we should go back to only (male obviously) hero’s? Heronines in movie stand out because THEY ARE NOT THE NORM. So, I say, enough already of all the men, let’s make it a tad more balanced instead of trying to reverse a positive trend.

And Bio, that guy you quoted, seriously? He’s obviously a fucking psychopath.

“After 40 years of constant Sexist Feminist propaganda, it is a miracle to even have a small amount of intelligent people still exist to see the sexist feminist misandrist double standard. Feminism is based on hate, and his movies promote feminist hate for a brain-dead audience who are incapable of thought.

For equality to even begin, girls and only girls must be sent to fight wars for the next million years to make up for men sacrificing their lives. The dangerous jobs should only go to the girls to make up for mens’ suffering.”

Men’s suffering has been caused almost entirely by the desicions of other men, as far as anything political goes. Women have had virtually no role in starting wars, especially not a global one.

Feminism is based on equality among men and women. Extreme Feminism is just that, extreme and for the most part against feminist principals.

If women fight the wars, men get raped. That’s it. And they don’t get raped by the hot chicks some stupid men make jokes about getting raped by, they get raped up the ass by the ugliest, fattest, most disgusting women around, with strap-ons of course.

From FACTS ABOUT VIOLENCE

Fact #22: A recent National Crime Victimization Survey found that women were 16 times more likely than men to experience rape and sexual assault (DOJ 2001).

Fact #32: Globally, at least one in three women and girls had been beaten or sexually abused in her lifetime. (UN Commission on the Status of Women, 2/28/00)

Fact #40: In South Africa, it is estimated that a women is raped every 83 seconds: only 20 of these cases are ever reported to the police. (Vetten:1996, Tribune:1991)

Fact #18: About 81% of rape victims are white; 18% are black; 1% are of other races. (Violence Against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994.)

Fact #43: In Canada, 62% of women murdered in 1987 died at hands of an intimate male partner. (Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics: 1988)

[quote]Enough is enough? So we should go back to only (male obviously) hero’s? Heronines in movie stand out because THEY ARE NOT THE NORM. So, I say, enough already of all the men, let’s make it a tad more balanced instead of trying to reverse a positive trend.
[/quote]

I mean enough of the whole superhero portrayal of women. It’s pretty standard fare, I remember in the early days it was this complete surprise to have strong women, but now it has been overdone and it’s just rediculous. I like it when it’s done right, like in Tarantino movies or in George A. Romero’s Day Of The Dead - the real and first heroine in any horror movie (Sarah - played by Lori Cardille) before Alien.

And the quote about women fighting wars is right on the money. Do you remember Jessica Lynch? She was brutally raped in a prison and tortured. Women don’t belong in the frontlines of war, it’s just common sense. Women make a big deal out of everything…geesh!

Bio,

I’m suprised to see you included Resident Evil in that list because your such a huge Mila fan!

Women can be physically strong. However, their physical strengths are different from men. An obvious example would be the physical strains of child birth.

Women do fight in wars.

You think “girls” should exclusively fight war to make up for a million years of violence and lives lost?

Should all countries be changed to matriarchal societies to compensate for years of patriarchal rule? After all, millions of lives were lost due to misogyny, domestic violence, rape and murder against women & girls.

No, because that would be silly. As silly as saying women owe the world a million years of violence!

Your right about most movies where chicks kick butt, they do indeed suck.

I agree that QT’s war movie should be about men. I’m ready to watch a “manlyâ€

WHAT WE NEED IS:

WOMEN IN CAGES…

ONLY AT THE GRINDOUSE!

8)

I meant to say Resident Evil Apocalypse…Milla Jovovich aka Alice Abernathy (Resident Evil) is the queen of movie heroines!

[quote]For equality to even begin, girls and only girls must be sent to fight wars for the next million years to make up for men sacrificing their lives. The dangerous jobs should only go to the girls to make up for mens’ suffering.

[/quote]
I only agreed to this last line, I didin’t read the rest…and unless I misread this line, I think it means that “men” have set the foundation for this country by fighting wars where many have lost their lifes, and women have never done such a thing… I don’t demean women or anything, I really don’t care much about gender and rights, we’re all the same.

I dunno why there’s been so much hate for QT, though…that I cannot understand. :’(

HI-LARIOUS!

Well put Plunderbunnie! :slight_smile:

I think what Bio means is that many of the movies about super women are barely wachable because they are cheesy and over the top.

Bio,

I’m glad you’re back! I’m interested in your point of view.

We are not pissed at you!

I understand completely where your line of thinking comes from on the Jessica Lynch situation. What happened to her was tragic and she may not have been cut out to be a soldier. However, to make a sweeping statement that because of this one woman’s experience that ALL women will make lousy soldiers is ridiculous!

That would be like saying this male fighter pilot crashed his plane therefore, clearly ALL, men should not fly planes.

Or like saying, this man molested a child therefore, ALL men are child molesters!

You have to remember that people who join the military are taking a calculated risk. They know that by joining they may be killed, tortured, or raped. While it’s true more women than men are raped I’m sure Jessica knew the risks involved. Sadly, she paid the ultimate price. That doesn’t mean her service was any less important or that she lacked ability & competency as a soldier.

If you were Jessica would you want your legacy in the military to be remembered as the moment the public decided women were too weak to be soldiers OR would you want to be remembered as someone who fought heroically for her country?

Is she a victim or a hero? What do you think she should be remembered as?

Shit, if QT made a modern war movie about Jessica, how would he treat her story?!

PS

I love the poster! :o

Bio,

I have to step away from the computer for a few minutes. I’ll stay logged on and be back shortly. It looks like we have guests you can chat with.

Crazy_hattori & 2 guests, you are welcome to share your viewpoints!

Well personally I don’t care much about Lynch, and I think there’s a tv movie about her…she’s stupid enough to join the army then she must face the consequences.

[quote=“LadySnow”]
Bio,

I have to step away from the computer for a few minutes. I’ll stay logged on and be back shortly. It looks like we have guests you can chat with.

Crazy_hattori & 2 guests, you are welcome to share your viewpoints!

[/quote]Hey, that makes it sound like i’m lonely and pathetic!

I just don’t watch tv, and people hate it when I ramble on about movies…

Bio,

I didn’t mean it like that! I noticed you were online and I didn’t want to walk out on our conversation! :smiley:

How ya doin? How’s the script coming?

i ramble on and on too! It’s ok! My favorite thing is talking about movies!

I was watching Midnight Cowboy and my login time expired. “Orange Juice on ice” - brilliant!

Midnight Cowboy eh? So you are watching TV!

That’s w/ Dustin Hoffman & John Voight right?

Dustin Hoffman used to be so damn good, what happened to him :’(

Technically it’s not TV since it’s not a tv program, I recorded it on my DVR.

Ah, I see.

I still like Dustin Hoffman but I haven’t seen him in anything recently except on the actors studio and he seemed awfuly emotional. He looked like he was about to burst into tears.

I enjoyed Little Big man.

He did Meet The Fockers and I Heart Huckabees a couple years ago. I’ve only seen The Graduate and Midnight Cowboy, though.

I’m off to bed! Goodnight!

Oh, if you didn’t get a chance to read my earlier post about these links, you can read them here:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://mensrightsboard.blogspot.com/200 … ntino.html”>Men's Rights Blog: What the fuck is up with Quentin Tarantino?</LINK_TEXT>

http://bama.ua.edu/~flana001/tarantino.html

One views QT as a feminist in a positive light and the other is written by a man who is bashing QT because he thinks Tarantino is too much of a feminist.

These articles can help us get back on topic.

Enjoy!

I don’t understand the attack on QT. I find his female characters to be secure in their sexuality, themselves and strong. just because you’re a feminist means you can’t be sexual? you have to dress down and walk around looking like a wash cloth like Gloria Steinem (Sp). (famous feminist).

Being a woman, a strong woman who can kick ass and be sexually in control of her body and who she chooses to share it with is strength, power. There are no flaky, bimbo’s running in heels who don’t fight back, because they are ‘just women’ in his movies.

I say ignore them until they go away… eventually they all do.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
What are you doing here (and your alter ego bubblegum) if you don’t even like it here? [/quote]
What do you mean I don’t like it? I LOVE this place. :-* I met my solemate (not alter ago) here called bubblegum :stuck_out_tongue: