Does Bruce Willis ruin Pulp Fiction?

You gotta be kidding, I think the scenes with Butch are some of Tarantino’s best work.

[quote=“WhatsFonzieLike”]
You gotta be kidding, I think the scenes with Butch are some of Tarantino’s best work.
[/quote]
I am not saying i dont like them i am just saying that they move a little slow thats all.

He doesnt ruin it, some scenes are good…but he’s not as good as Jules and Vincent etc. I mean when he comes home after the boxing fight…the dialogue with him and Fabienne is pretty boring…but then again…it totally gets fixed with the “where’s my father’s watch-part”

I think the dialogue between the two of them is almost on the same level as the dialogue between other characters. It’s fascinating listening to what two love-birds (if you can call them that) talk about before they go off to live in another country. Some of the dialogue is very similar to that featured in Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, specifically the part where they recite and go through learning Spanish, and the most commom phrases they need. Another stand out moment for me besides the ‘Butch going crazy scene’ was:

FABIAN

I was looking at myself in the

mirror.

BUTCH

Uh-huh?

FABIAN

I wish I had a pot.

BUTCH

You were lookin’ in the mirror and

you wish you had some pot?

FABIAN

A pot. A pot belly. Pot bellies

are sexy.

BUTCH

Well you should be happy, 'cause

you do.

FABIAN

Shut up, Fatso! I don’t have a

pot! I have a bit of a tummy, like

Madonna when she did "Lucky Star,"

it’s not the same thing.

BUTCH

I didn’t realize there was a

difference between a tummy and a

pot belly.

FABIAN

The difference is huge.

BUTCH

You want me to have a pot?

FABIAN

No. Pot bellies make a man look

either oafish, or like a gorilla.

But on a woman, a pot belly is very

sexy. The rest of you is normal.

Normal face, normal legs, normal

hips, normal ass, but with a big,

perfectly round pot belly. If I

had one, I’d wear a tee-shirt two

sizes too small to accentuate it.

BUTCH

You think guys would find that

attractive?

FABIAN

I don’t give a damn what men find

attractive. It’s unfortunate what

we find pleasing to the touch and

pleasing to the eye is seldom the

same.

BUTCH

If I had a pot belly, I’d punch you

in it.

FABIAN

You’d punch me in my belly?

BUTCH

Right in the belly.

FABIAN

I’d smother you. I’d drop it on

your right on your face 'til you

couldn’t breathe.

Absolutely brilliant and just one of the thousands of reasons why I love Pulp Fiction

Pulp is Bruce’s best work. But I still dont like Bruce Willis. I dont think he’s that good of an actor.

[quote=“QT Fan”]
Pulp is Bruce’s best work. But I still dont like Bruce Willis. I dont think he’s that good of an actor.
[/quote]

I have to disagree with you there. He was fucking brilliant in the Die Hard movies, he made himself more cooler than Sam Jackson in the 3rd one, now that has got to be one major accomplishment.

Bruce Willis has some good movies but I still dont like him.

[quote=“QT Fan”]
Bruce Willis has some good movies but I still dont like him.

[/quote]

Fair enough.

you were looking at yourself in the mirror and wished you had some pot?

a pot, a pot belly.

we’re american baby, our names don’t mean shit… what more do u want out of willis. plus the gimp scene.

No

Shit! Bruce is EPIC! One of the few male leading actors who bring back some of that old Hollywood flare. They say he is even Bruce Willis is real life if you know what I mean. He lives Bruce Willis!

I know a few people who don’t get Bruce either but oh well. I think he is legend. From Blind Date to The Jackal Bruce has always brought Bruce Willis…and thats such a damn good thing!

I could not see any other actor playing Butch. That Bruce Willis look he gives Vincent in the bar after he has been disrespected is classic. I have to wonder if thats when Butch said “Fuck THIS” and screwed Mr Wallice!

Honestly, i always skip the biggest part of the 2nd chapter… i watch Butchs Flashback, the taxi scene, and then i just skip. The dialogue in the hotel is so boring to me i cant believe its the same movie than the other parts… and the whole gimp scene seemed so made up and wrong, the first time i saw this i was like: This shouldnt exist. Delete it from history of mankind. Without chapter 2 i would say PF is my fav movie and rate it 11/10, but if i gotta watch the whole thing its my 4th or 5th fav from QT, because the chapter drags down the movie so hard to me.

Not Willis fault tho, he just had the sucky scenes.

[quote=“Larry”]Honestly, i always skip the biggest part of the 2nd chapter… i watch Butchs Flashback, the taxi scene, and then i just skip. The dialogue in the hotel is so boring to me i cant believe its the same movie than the other parts… and the whole gimp scene seemed so made up and wrong, the first time i saw this i was like: This shouldnt exist. Delete it from history of mankind. Without chapter 2 i would say PF is my fav movie and rate it 11/10, but if i gotta watch the whole thing its my 4th or 5th fav from QT, because the chapter drags down the movie so hard to me.

Not Willis fault tho, he just had the sucky scenes.[/quote]

Get the fuck off the QT archives if you dont like Pulp Fiction then.

Ahah, always polite. Watch out cause some users might tell you to get out of the forum if you don’t like Inglourious Basterds. Other users should get out cause they don’t like Reservoir Dogs or Jackie Brown or Death Proof. Well, what can you do, nothing. Everybody has his own opinion.

While not a favorite actor of mine, I don’t think he ruined the movie in any way, I think his acting here is among his best.

Bruce Willis was great! The intensity of Butch, combined with the action acting fame Willis had before doing this role, made him perfect for the part.

I don’t think Bruce ever sucks! I can’t think of any film that I’ve ever seen him in that I didn’t enjoy…

No, I don’t think he ruins the movie. The plays the part perfectly.

Yes Bruce has done played some stupid roles in other cheesy and dumb movies but so have most of the other actors in PF. Samuel Jackson, Travolta (Saturday Night Fever, Look who’s talking, etc.). So I don’t think he ruins the movie. I actually enjoy his character and think he did a great job.

I have to agree with most of the comments, Bruce Willis does not ruin, he is a fine actor, yes he has made some bad films but also some great movies.