Christoph Waltz wins Best Actor at Cannes

[quote=“NonStop”]
Great news, yet in those above pics its hard to believe he can play such a basterd!
[/quote]
[quote=“PFC Baelin Utivich”]
Yeah, he seems too gentle and kind hearted…which means his acting is amazing!
[/quote]

Exactly. He seems very sweet and quiet. Nothing very basterd/nazi like. I was very happy that he won over all those political-serious-annoying actor for once. And I was also so happy for Charlotte Gainsbourg. Thtis year, they really changed their palmares for the actor/actress category. Just like that year when all the actors from the French Indigène won and all the actresses from Almodovar’s Volver.

Maybe we’ll see Christoph in some Hollywood films now. Would be cool!

[quote=“Pete”]
Maybe we’ll see Christoph in some Hollywood films now. Would be cool!
[/quote]

As long as he is not type-casted.

Hes def someone who could play all kinds of roles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluqs82hK8o

Video of Christoph Waltz accepting his award! ;D

Check out Isabelle Huppert’s reaction at 3:03, when Christoph thanks QT and the crowd gives an thunderous applause. I get the impression that she doesn’t like QT…

I watched the vid about 20 min ago and thought the same…hmm maybe she just couldn’t follow christophs spech or something… :slight_smile:

[quote=“SharpestLives16”]

Check out Isabelle Huppert’s reaction at 3:03, when Christoph thanks QT and the crowd gives an thunderous applause. I get the impression that she doesn’t like QT…
[/quote]

Yeah, what the fuck was up with that?

And damn, what a heartfelt tribute to Tarantino from Waltz. His wears his emotions on his sleeve. Where was Quentin, I would have expected a cut to his face. It’s truly something that Quentin is able to make people feel so strongly about him (in a good way). It’s a testiment to not only his character but his direction.

Yeah, I don’t know why Tarantino didn’t stay cause Lawrence Bender and the Weinstein were there btw. But Christoph Waltz speech was a complete ovation to Tarantino. He even said “you gave me my vocation back” as a numerous of actors must think the same when they make a movie with him.

Quentin’s absence was an eyebrow raiser…

Btw I don’t think we should go into over-interpretations about Isabelle Hupert’s reaction. Sincerely I didn’t even notice it when I watch the ceremony on live. And even now, it just last less than a second so there’s no proof she wasn’t happy about the ovation for Tarantino. And even if she was, she’s a professional, she knows she shouldn’t show her disagreement.

I wouldn’t read too much ito Huppert’s reaction, it didn’t seem very strong, didn’t seem like very much at all.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
Quentin’s absence was an eyebrow raiser…
[/quote]

you actually saw eyebrows raising themselves?

It would have been nice for him to be there and hear the appreciation people have for him.

I agree.

He must have been in a hurry to get back to that editing room…

maybe he was hungover

QT was in the bathroom talking to Elvis. You didnt know that?

[quote=“Kinick”]
He must have been in a hurry to get back to that editing room…
[/quote]

Hahahaha ;D

[quote=“SharpestLives16”]

[/quote]

Great speech.

I’m glad Christopher won but I was really hoping Eli would win the award