Cannes Coverage 2009

[quote=“Beja87”]
just about 3 more weeks to go!
[/quote]

3 week? Try 2. Festival starts this Wednesday coming, however IB is rumoured not to play until as late as the following Wednesday (20th), which is two weeks from today I believe… :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: As just announced, the date is Wed 20th, a day less than two weeks in fact.

[quote=“Kinick”]
3 week? Try 2. Festival starts this Wednesday coming, however IB is rumoured not to play until as late as the following Wednesday (21st), which is two weeks from today I believe… :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

check the other thread. it’s confirmed for 20th. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
check the other thread. it’s confirmed for 20th. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Yeah, just seen it there.

13 days. that’s crazy!! It’s finally here :smiley:

I can’t wait to read the first reviews! ;D

[quote=“SharpestLives16”]
I can’t wait to read the first reviews! ;D
[/quote]

From the french critics no less.

From every critics, international press is invited you know.

[quote=“Pinkman”]
From every critics, international press is invited you know.
[/quote]

Yeah I know that, but I’ve always kinda zeroed in on the french critics that see the films. They have consistently provided objective, thoughtful, and sometimes harsh opinions on the flicks showing. Granted almost all the critics do but I just enjoy the french ones the best.

Hey Pinkman, planning on getting that Inglorious Basterds screenplay?

Well I checked yesterday and I didn’t find it. I will try again next week. I could order it, but I need to know if it’s a different version from the one leaked online, which I already have.

I wonder if it will have the German and French lines in it.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I wonder if it will have the German and French lines in it.
[/quote]

I don’t see why not. It’s not in english is it? If it isn’t I’ll order it just to have a cool foreign copy of the script. If it’s in french I’ll learn the language just to read his lines that way. VIVE LA FRENCH!

[quote=“Turk”]
May be there is a probability that i can go to cannes in 20 may but i am just wondering if i will be there; i can get a chance to see red carpet part of gala, some possible panel including tarantino or some signature day… Or these need all invitation, i won’t see anything remarkable in Cannes as a curious cinephile…

Thanks for the reponses…
[/quote]

If you have no accreditation, no invitation, just don’t go. You won’t see the red carpet, you won’t even have a chance to be in the queue. And there’s no signature day. I was in Cannes when Death Proof was in competition, first of all Tarantino wanted to sign nothing, and no pictures, so if you only go there for that, forget it. And I was there with ann accreditation, some of my friends had none, and they could do nothing at the fest. You can’t even enter the Grand Palais, or anything.

Reviews.

How many reviews do you think there’ll be from IB’s premiere? I know it’s there’s 3 screenings throughout the day.

Usually there are two screenings a day. One in the morning and the premiere at night, though the movie is screened again one more time the next day for those who have missed the two previous screenings.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Reviews.

How many reviews do you think there’ll be from IB’s premiere? I know it’s there’s 3 screenings throughout the day.
[/quote]

there are 3 on the 20th and one on the 21st, so there’s 4 screenings.

somebody send me a few hundred bucks and i’ll be there. you’ll have a review within 12 hours after the screening … :frowning:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
there are 3 on the 20th and one on the 21st, so there’s 4 screenings.

somebody send me a few hundred bucks and i’ll be there. you’ll have a review within 12 hours after the screening … :frowning:
[/quote]

Oh another one too, that’s 4… should round up a few reviews alright. I know The Playlist will be there a week up till the 21st, hope they score a screening and get an early review up. :slight_smile:

What’s The Playlist and why are there review more important?

Isnt Lili going to Cannes? If so, she should report on the film to us.

[quote=“Utivich”]
What’s The Playlist and why are there review more important?
[/quote]

A movie blog. They’re not more important. Just to me. They’ve been following IB from the start too and I’m sure to get a good perspective on what to expect from their review.

lol I don’t really know why he absolutely wants the Playlist review, like they are gods or something. You need more than one to get an average response.

I’m wondering how long it takes between the screening and the reviews to pop up. I hope not too long.