Best Actor

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Tim Roth is the best. I fell in love with the charcter so much, seing him dressd up in drag in Rob Roy really freaked me out. I know its a serious movie, but i couldnt stop laughing… :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

I loved him in the movie forever before I figured out who it was. He’s sick. One of my favorite baddies… he’s been quoted as saying that he thought he should have been nominated for best supporting actress though. It was a bit much. At least he died without the wig.

Edward Bunker(I am sorry I like his writing and wished they did a whole movie about him and Mr.Blue.)

Harvey Kietel

Tim Roth

I think Michael Madsen was great, Harvey Keitel was amazing as always, Tim Roth was fabulous. Chris Penn was also fantastic!

Yeah Chris Penn was also fantastic, I didn’t know his name, it’s a pity we don’t see him much on theaters in France. There are all great actors giving lot of strength to the movie.

Chris Penn is the man, too bad hes always in his brothers shadow, he always will be too

It means he must worked more to make his own place

I saw him on ‘Will & Grace’ the other day - that freaked me out a bit lol i wasn’t expecting that

I find it all but impossible to pinpoint a ‘best actor’ in Reservoir Dogs because they’re all just so damn good.

I’m inclined to say Steve Buscemi, because I worship the ground the guy walks on and I tend to think he’s the best thing in just about every film he does. Nobody else could have played Mr Pink with the same level of skill or brought as much to the role - considering his limited screentime and development, his character is remarkably memorable. So at a push, I’d say Buscemi.

Having said that, Michael Madsen’s performance is stunning. It’s hardly a surprise that he’s been typecast somewhat, because he’s so utterly convincing as Blonde. If he was uncomfotable during the torture scene, he sure as hell didn’t let it show for a minute. Tim Roth is excellent - endearing in his bleeding scenes and wonderfully charismatic throughout. And Harvey Keitel is genius - perfect line deliveries (“Hardy fucking har”, “Piss on this fucking turd!” etc, heh) and just such an intense performance. His last moments with Orange are heartbreaking.

And you can’t fault Tierney, Penn, Bunker or Tarantino either - none of them puts even a foot wrong. The exceptional strength of the cast is one of the many reasons I adore this film so much, and can never get sick of it no matter how many times I watch it. In fact…scuttles off to find DVD

Poor, poor Tim Roth. He shall forever be scorned and hated in Dogs. And actually ironically it was because he played the part so well.

But, as you probably have guessed, I throw my hat in the ring for Mr. Madsen.

He singlehandedly provided this terrifying damocles around the middle of the film which is the one scene everyone remembers. He was perfect - charasmatic and evil.

steve is my fav too

michael madsens acting was absolutely brilliant

i think harvey kietals and quentin tarantino were the best dogs in terms of acting.

[quote=“killerinstinct”]
harvey kietal[/quote]

He seems to kick the most ass in all of QT’s movies

harvey kietal was excellent in from dawn to dusk

I’m think i’m safe in saying that along with most people on here (or so it seems) I think Mr. Buscemi does better than anyone. Though I don’t think Quentin gets enough credit. I think he’s got (for the opening scene) the best bit of dialogue going in the whole movie and no-one could’ve done it as good. Probably why he changed it from who says it in the script.

Kool

First goes White, then (just a tiny bit) Pink.

Afterwards come Blonde, Orange and Eddie - equally awesome.

[quote=“Lee_Marvin_Fan”]
Ok, in terms of acting, who was the best in Resrvoir Dogs? I thought Steve Buscemi was brilliant, but I like eveything he’s in (except Con Air…PEE-U!)
[/quote]
Harvey Keitel

QT picked an outstanding group of men to be his Dogs. I cannot pick the “best” one out of them…they were each so perfect and absolutely real.

But I do want to point out that Tim Roth’s performance highly impressed me.

Watching Tim Roth writhe around in pain was shocking to me. My jaw was hanging open, my body completely still and my heart palpitating like a mother effer. I didn’t even notice the frequent curse words popping out of my mouth during that entire scene!

That performance totally got me thinking, "Now thats acting!"

No BS calmness or fake moaning. I would imagine that thats what it looks like when someone gets shot in the belly. The tough guy ish vanishes in the face of mortality. It reminded me of those highly realistic war films with the soldiers crying hysterically as their insides spill out.

To add to that, Roth kept his american accent intact. I’ve seen a lot of films where actors speaking in a different accent lose it when they are crying or yelling and it severs the audience from the reality of the film to the reality that it is only a film.

The rest of the cast was absolutely brilliant in thier own rights as many of you have already described. I love the little nuances that make them so real. Like Blonde sitting on the car (Madsen admits to being “lazy” and asking to sit down in the scene), or White tugging and pushing orange along gently, almost father like when they escape down the alley.

Harvey Keitel or Michael Madsen?

I’ve never been able to decide…

Keitel.

Did anyone else like his performance in U-571?