Zach Snyder

Was anyone else completely taken by “Watchmen” like I was? It was like a whole new structure for film where the story shifts from character to character and then to the plot of “The Comedian’s murder” which leads to the big fight sequence in Alaska. And it’s like a completely new proposition with the format, the way it jumps around in a very brilliant way. Some people say it was confusing and that it didn’t have “structure” - but they’re wrong. The main focus is centered around “The Comedian” just like Tarantino shaped Pulp Fiction around “Marsellus” - and then the story revolves around this certain character. I just fell in love with Zach’s style and brilliant choice in music by combining contemporary stuff like MCR and Smashing Pumpkins with Hendrix and Bob Dillon. And have you ever seen such an excercise of slow motion use like this film does? Man what a film. Better than The Dark Knight, that’s for sure. If you haven’t seen “Watchmen” go see it. Like the scene where the glass shatters on door #300 - this guy Zach is shattering minds like no other director.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Was anyone else completely taken by “Watchmen” like I was? It was like a whole new structure for film where the story shifts from character to character and then to the plot of “The Comedian’s murder” which leads to the big fight sequence in Alaska. And it’s like a completely new proposition with the format, the way it jumps around in a very brilliant way. Some people say it was confusing and that it didn’t have “structure” - but they’re wrong. The main focus is centered around “The Comedian” just like Tarantino shaped Pulp Fiction around “Marsellus” - and then the story revolves around this certain character. I just fell in love with Zach’s style and brilliant choice in music by combining contemporary stuff like MCR and Smashing Pumpkins with Hendrix and Bob Dillon. And have you ever seen such an excercise of slow motion use like this film does? Man what a film. Better than The Dark Knight, that’s for sure. If you haven’t seen “Watchmen” go see it. Like the scene where the glass shatters on door #300 - this guy Zach is shattering minds like no other director.

[/quote]

Watchmen is his finest houer. I hope he keeps the beat, but he is far from a master jet.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Was anyone else completely taken by “Watchmen” like I was?[/quote]

Did you miss my many posts where I defend Watchmen like it’s my newborn child?

Yes I was taken by it, taken by storm. It was the most overwhelmingly awesome movie experience since Kill Bill.

The emotions, the story, the characters, the action, the writing, the pacing, the direction, the feel, the look - EVERYTHING in this movie is completely awesome.

There is a much longer cut announced for Blu Ray/DVD release, which I await like the 2nd coming of Christ.

Zack Snyder is my hero, he’s my 2nd favourite active directer next to QT. He shold be cloned and statues should be built in his name.

Not only that but that guy is young. I berated him a few weeks ago because of Dawn Of The Dead, but after his directorial mastery at its finest in Watchmen, I am now convinced Zach Snyder will become one of the finest directors in Hollywierd!