Your top 10 lists!

I am a big fan of Fight Club.

It’s one of the best films of the late 1990s and its such an intense movie.

Everybody misses the point and talks about the violence and the fighting, but that’s not the point in it. The point is all the psycho plot and the story about the underground movement, the anti-society rebellion and all that.

And its perfectly executed. Why shouldn’t you count it to one of your favs?

[quote]Everybody misses the point and talks about the violence and the fighting, but that’s not the point in it. The point is all the psycho plot and the story about the underground movement, the anti-society rebellion and all that[/quote]

all the people Ive talked to about fight club always say how people miss the point and focus on the violence.this isnt true,nobody spare a few conservative critics think this film is senseless violence.everyone seems to think its some big anti-consumerist film and ok maybe it is to an extent,but its more so about how counter-consumerism has become an image/product in itself.and partly due to the fans,this movie has become everything it was trying to satirize

If I only get 10 choices then I am going to have to make most of them ties. LOL! Heres my list:

1. Everything David Lynch has ever done!
  2. The Element Of Crime, Zentropa (Lars Von Trier)
  3. Chungking Express, Fallen Angels (Wong Kar Wai)
  4. My Life To Life, Band Of Outsiders, Pierret Le Fou (Jean-Luc Godard)
  5. Branded To Kill, Tokyo Drifter (Siejun Suzuki)
  6. Out Of The Past (Jacques Tourneur), Kiss Me Deadly (Robert Aldrich), In A Lonely Place (Nicholas Ray)
  7. Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino)
  8. Kings Of The Road, Paris Texas, Wings Of Desire (Dir: Wim Wenders)
  9. Barton Fink (Coen Brothers)
  10. Everything Jim Jarmusch has ever done.

[quote]
5. Branded To Kill, Tokyo Drifter (Siejun Suzuki)
[/quote]

Cool to know that there’s somebody else out there that’s seen BRANDED TO KILL!

This is not easy.

Apocalypse Now (1979) - Redux, Best movie ever, including the work of Tarantino I’m afraid

Clockwork Orange, A (1971) - Great movie, I actually made a droog costume a while ago

Pulp Fiction (1994) - Of course…

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) - Best comedy ever

Shawshank Redemption, The (1994) - One of the best stories ever told

Star Wars (1977) - A great classic

Rosemary’s Baby (1968) - Excellent horror

Jaws (1975) - Another great classic

Fargo (1996) - Coen’s best

Death Race 2000 (1975) - Best cult classic

Wish I could include some old Peter Jackson movies, but there wasn’t any room for it. No room for Monty Python either.

1. Heavenly Creatures

2. Ravenous

3. Taxi Driver

4. Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert

5. Clerks

6. Pulp Fiction

7. Almost Famous

8. Blazing Saddles (actully all Mel Brooks films)

9. True Romance

10. Apocalypse Now

Damn. theres to many to list. this is in no particular order

This is my first post! Hell yeah

1 ) Scarface - Best Gangster Movie Ever

2 ) The Godfather Trilogy

3 ) Reservoir Dogs

4 ) Pulp Fiction

5 ) Leon The Professional

6 ) The Terminator Saga

7 ) The Naked Gun Series

8 ) Hot Shots Part 1 & 2

9 ) Die Hard

10 ) Die Hard With A Vengeance

1.Taxi Driver (ages better from any other movie ever made)

2.Reservoir Dogs

3.2001: A Space Odyssey

4.Apocalypse Now

5.Scarface (1983)

6.Mean Streets

7.A Clockwork Orange

8.Fargo

9.Pulp Fiction

10.The Piano

Runners up: Every single movie made from SCORSESE, KUBRICK, QT, the Coens, and de Palma, Lynch, Hitchcock etc

Shit, how can you talk like that for Kubrick? At least have some respect! The man is dead! The man is the best director ever lived and will be for ever! Noone will be surpass him! NOONE! He’s simply the most inteligent director ever! Just that!

For example I hate Oliver Stone but I respect him, it is my opinion but I don’t doubt about his directing talent! I just hate everything that he does, despite that my idol (scorsese) is his master-teacher!

…and that’s that…

I’m going to go with my favorites.

The Decline of Western Civilization I & III (series count as one?)

A raffle between Repo Man, Straight to Hell, Three Businessmen, Death and the Compass etc…

Brother (the russian one)

Solaris (the russian one)

Nine to Five (now, between Smoky and the Bandit… I dunno)

Happy Together

Prisoner of the Mountains

The Majority of John Carpenter’s movies.

Any movie by Samuel Fuller

Any by Quentin Tarantino

There are two kinds of lists: informal and formal. Mine so happens to be informal.

Nice list. Same very good crap.

My own personal top 10:

1.) Taxi Driver

2.) The Godfather

3.) Pulp Fiction

4.) Scarface

5.) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

6.) The Big Lebowski

7.) Robocop

8.) Mullholland Drive

9.) Fight Club

10.)Schlindler’s List

(first 10 that came to mind).

These are off the top of my head and i’m gonna forget a lot. No order.

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Reservoir Dogs
  3. Kill Bill
  4. Fight Club
  5. The Matrix (The Action. Gotta love the action!)
  6. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
  7. Seven Samurai
  8. Boondock Saints
  9. Ocean’s Eleven
  10. Memento

For now. Always changing

That is so fucking cool that you mentioned Boondock Saints. That is also one of my favortie movies, and hardly anyone knows that it exists. For all who are reading, this movie is a classic. It was made in '97, and stars Sean Patrick Flannery, the sidekick in Blade 2 ( his name escapes me right now), and Willem Dafoe. If you haven’t seen it, rent it. It may be hard to find in some areas, but find it. It is well worth seeing over and over.

It was actually made in '99. The only reason i know this is because people were saying that it stole stuff from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, but it actually came out after. There’s a sequel coming soon, and i can’t wait. I hope they come out with a director’s cut, because originally it was way bloodier and the action was cooler. It was cut down a shitload cuz it was made at the same time as Columbine happened, and violence in movies was being taken out.

I haven’t seen it in a few months, and I thought that I had read '97 on the cover, but I guess i was wrong. i didn’t hear about them making a sequel, that is great. Hopefully it has the same cast, and a good story. One can only hope. Be cool.

As far as cast: Yes, it’s the same, with one exception; NO WILLEM DAFOE! Damn that sucks. I hope this one actually makes it to theaters. It’s called Boondock 2: All Saints Day (I think) Check the Boondock saints topic in non-tarantino movies.

No Willem Dafoe??? He was so great in the first one though…drat…

By the way, I just saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, and it was awesome.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, a fuckin’ classic. Also, my man, Danny DeVito’s first screen appearance. He has an outstanding career. His new movie Duplex he directed I here is excellent, I am going to see it tomorrow, and I hope what the say is true.