Your favourite movie discoveries

[quote=“FoxForceFive”]
I <3 Dustin Hoffman. I’ve never seen a movie of his I didn’t like.
[/quote]

meet the fockers? you liked that?

The Graduate is one of my favorite movies.

[quote=“FoxForceFive”]
I <3 Dustin Hoffman. I’ve never seen a movie of his I didn’t like.
[/quote]If you haven’t seen Straight Time, do check it out. It’s one of those flicks no one ever seems to talk about, but is better than a lot of the 70’s flicks that get more acclaim. My review is here! Not to shamelessly promote, but yah, that’s about all I can say about the movie right there ;D

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
meet the fockers? you liked that?
[/quote]

Yeah actually I did!

[quote=“pantsman”]
If you haven’t seen Straight Time, do check it out. It’s one of those flicks no one ever seems to talk about, but is better than a lot of the 70’s flicks that get more acclaim. My review is here! Not to shamelessly promote, but yah, that’s about all I can say about the movie right there ;D
[/quote]

I will check it out. Thanks for the tip!

DeathBed:The Bed that Eats

Of course is the title that made me watch it! It’s a really great piece of cult! Just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AVd6NO-_9A

A Night at the Roxbury

It wasn’t very popular in Greece and one day I saw it in the videostore. Probably I took it because of the cover. The haircuts are simply incredible!!! I watched it three times and I couldn’t stop shaking my head and singing “What is Love”! Definitely one of the best comedies!

That DeathBed scene was hilarious and sick! I love the comments that some guy made underneath the clip on youtube: “He took that like a trooper” ;D

I’m usually not even that big of a fan of Patton Oswalt, but I watched that little clip where he talks about Death Bed listed on that same page and laughed my ass off! I just have to see that movie ;D

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … re=related”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

lol it was the eyeballs that freaked me out!

[quote=“FoxForceFive”]
lol it was the eyeballs that freaked me out!
[/quote]It looks like one of those flicks you want to see to say you’ve had the experience, but man, that clip makes it look like the plot moves along at a snail’s pace! Reminds me of a lot of older horrors like The Screaming Skull or something. I’m going to get it eventually, with a name like that you just have to :wink:

Great video pantsman!

The eyeball scene is hilarious! The movie is fucking slow but it’s about a bed that eats people… You don’t need anything else! It’s so bad that it gets good! You even can hear the bed chewing, laughing or snoring! The guy tries to kill a bed (!) with a knife! I have to watch it again…

I love Patton Oswalt: “Stop drilling, you hit oil” lol!

Death Bed just went on my “to see” list and straight to the top of it :stuck_out_tongue:

I just watched a movie called The Treatment and it kicked ass!

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I just watched a movie called The Treatment and it kicked ass!
[/quote]

Are you serious? Looks a bit girly, no?

[quote=“FoxForceFive”]
Are you serious? Looks a bit girly, no?
[/quote]

I’m secure in my masculinity.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I’m secure in my masculinity.
[/quote]

That’s good to hear, I’m happy for you and your masculinity. I thought it looked pretty good but I am a bit girly myself!

I can only think of one truely great movie discovery, one which would become one of my favourite movies of all time and dtraight into my Top 5…and it was all thanks to our man QT!

The movie: Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused. Boy, did I have a clue what this movie was about when hearing QT talking about it. I though it was some 30s or 40s after hearing how he described along side Rio Bravo. Soon after a friend lent and WOW! It’s the last really great discovery (in a sense for me to call a movie a “favourite”) and that was about 5 years ago now.

[quote=“Kinick”]
I can only think of one truely great movie discovery, one which would become one of my favourite movies of all time and dtraight into my Top 5…and it was all thanks to our man QT!

The movie: Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused. Boy, did I have a clue what this movie was about when hearing QT talking about it. I though it was some 30s or 40s after hearing how he described along side Rio Bravo. Soon after a friend lent and WOW! It’s the last really great discovery (in a sense for me to call a movie a “favourite”) and that was about 5 years ago now.
[/quote]

you’re talking about Dazed and Confused? The high school movie? I liked that one too. My favorite part was when that guy thought that the crowd would stop the fight after he hit that asshole who was fucking with him…and then he got his ass beat! classic.

“I get older, they stay the same”

God I feel old. I saw Dazed and Confused when it first came out… And there are people talking about “discovering” it… Ohhhhh I’m so old I saw Slacker and went to see Dazed and Confused because Linklater had directed Slacker. Ohh

My favorite scene in Dazed - when they smash the letterboxes and this pissed old geezer almost blows their brains out. ;D

[quote=“Scarface”]
My favorite scene in Dazed - when they smash the letterboxes and this pissed old geezer almost blows their brains out. ;D
[/quote]

My friends and I did that when we were in H.S. - we were so stupid that we left the license plates on the car and hit about 40-50 mailboxes. The police came to the school and picked up my friend who had been driving. He never ratted us out - so we all pitched in to pay his fine. He was lucky because his father’s best friend was a policeman who did what he could to make it easier on him. Lucky for us!

[quote=“nublob”]
God I feel old. I saw Dazed and Confused when it first came out… And there are people talking about “discovering” it… Ohhhhh I’m so old I saw Slacker and went to see Dazed and Confused because Linklater had directed Slacker. Ohh
[/quote]

Dude…I saw Superman AND Star Wars when they first came out in the theater.