The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

You think I'll get shot for this?

i was just thinking about writing sci-fi movie about a government in the future where the rich and poor are in seperated by “countries”. well in the “poor” country the government decides to make a new religion to give hope to there citizens and eraticate the old “religions” for a new one more, suitable for the times they live in.

you think i’ll get shot or blow up? i think i’ll be ok if i make up the “old” religions and try to distance myself from the real ones in our real world, but i’m sure some people will try to link them in some way.

Now all you have to do is, focus on a lead character and develop him/her. Good start.

[quote=“Rambler666”]
i was just thinking about writing sci-fi movie about a government in the future where the rich and poor are in seperated by “countries”. well in the “poor” country the government decides to make a new religion to give hope to there citizens and eraticate the old “religions” for a new one more, suitable for the times they live in.

you think i’ll get shot or blow up? i think i’ll be ok if i make up the “old” religions and try to distance myself from the real ones in our real world, but i’m sure some people will try to link them in some way.
[/quote]

No you won’t get shot or blown up.

But this sounds like a cheaper, less complex version of the novel 1984.

I haven’t read that book in years. His description completely went over my head. Here I was thinking it was an episode of Lost or something.

Actually, it’s a good basis. Stretch it out abit. I like the religion outlook. I’ve always taken an idea to it’s limit in my mind and then perversed it somehow. I don’t mean made it perverted. I mean given it that twist that took it overboard. That’s how i come up with original ideas.

And remember, they only shoot the piano player.