Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams

Who here has listened to the fifth album from the almighty Wu-Tang Clan and what did you guys think of it. I personally thought on first listen that it was a weak release from the clan and the beats were mediocre and a little boring. But as time passed the album kinda grew on me. It just shows the fans how diverse RZA can be as a producer. Although it dosent even compare to Enter The Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers, Method Man’s: Tical, Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s: Return To The 36 Chambers - The Dirty Version or Raekwon’s - Only Built for Cuban Linx as far as production goes. It still beats pretty much any other 2007 release from fellow hip hop artist’s. Also Raekwon and Ghostface seem to be very unhappy on how the album turned out, saying that RZA has turned into a hip-hop hippy (assuming because he sampled a beatles song on The Heart Gently Weeps, which i thought was kind of wack also) but RZA responded saying that he has already made “punch you in your face albums” and wants to take a different direction on this album. Overall there is a few standout tracks worthy of multiple listens and a rare track from O.D.B & Method Man from 1992 entitled 16th Chamber which has that old gritty wu tang sound that we have come to know and love, it is easily the best track on the album.

Best Songs IMO

16th chamber

Tar Pit (which has a pretty funny apearance by George Clinton)

Weak Spot

Starter

Sunlight