The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Would have been awesome

…if Budd would have seen Uma after she got out of the ground.

Now what WOULD have been awesome if we actually got to see Kiddo FIGHT Budd. That’s the only thing I don’t like about Kill Bill: Budd is killed by Elle. Seems rather unfair doesn’t it? Maybe Budd would have killed Kiddo. Who knows? But I really can’t see Budd being that deadly with a sword. He doesn’t seem agile enough. Now with a side-by-side…that’s a different story.

[quote=“royale_with_cheese”]
…if Budd would have seen Uma after she got out of the ground.
[/quote]

Nah - I like how it is in the movie.

hm, there’s something to this.

imagine: elle has just killed Budd. in his last remaining painful moments, he suddenly sees the bride through a crack in the floor or wall or something. he is totally surprised (“i buried her alive!”) but then smiles and then immendiately dies. that smile can be interpretated as joy, knowing that Elle will get her ass kicked and probably even killed by Beatrix now.

i like it how it is, not saying my version would be better. but different.

I think he would have smiled because he knew she could get out - that’s why he left her his razor blade.

I personally think that Budd was trained by Hanzo (have you been keeping up with swordplay?) and Pai Mei - would Bill let Pai Mei train 2 of his girls but not his own brother? We’ll find out if the anime prequels ever come out…

What would have been cool, but not better, would have been Beatrix confronting Bill (who arrives in his car or something) on the highway in the middle of the desert, just after dispatching Elle. Beatrix of course worn out and on her bare feet, but nonetheless ready because she was trained to endure. Then they have a swordfight.

Or the two having a swordfight at the beach just like Bill had suggested.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
hm, there’s something to this.

imagine: elle has just killed Budd. in his last remaining painful moments, he suddenly sees the bride through a crack in the floor or wall or something. he is totally surprised (“i buried her alive!”) but then smiles and then immendiately dies. that smile can be interpretated as joy, knowing that Elle will get her ass kicked and probably even killed by Beatrix now.

i like it how it is, not saying my version would be better. but different.
[/quote]

That would kind of be cool, but might be hard to do without looking a little cheesy.

I always find the fact that hes so shocked and messed up by being bitten that he doesnt have any time to do anything cept die painfully… its an effective part of the movie…

yeah it’d be cool cuz then Budd would know that he’ll get his revenge over Elle…thanks to the person he just killed!