The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Worst Cinema Experiences?

[quote=“me”]
I hardly ever go to the theatre
[/quote]

how come if you are a film fan?

Hilarious story Angel!

When I saw 300 there was a mentally ill person in the front row screaming when ever weird creatures appeared, which was very often. Plus there were young kids, which always makes me feel weird in movies with sex scenes. Don’t their parents care!

Also when I saw The Grinch and I laughed at the line, “is it because I’m green”, and I was the only one who laughed, of course the theater was filled with black people who didn’t find it amusing.

Of course there were old people at kill bill which also made me uncomfortable during the vasoline scene.

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
how come if you are a film fan?
[/quote]
Well I go maybe once a year but Im just not a big fan of the theatre experience.

[quote=“me”]
Well I go maybe once a year but Im just not a big fan of the theatre experience.
[/quote]

Im sorta the same way but I love to go see fan films. Films where everyone there is into the movie as much as you are. Thats a feeling you can’t get anywhere else but opening day. Even Star Trek films are much better when you see them with fans. Its awesome

I have a nice CLEAN theter at home. <LINK_TEXT text=“http://youtube.com/watch?v=XNS8AGINtk8& … ed&search=”>http://youtube.com/watch?v=XNS8AGINtk8&mode=related&search=</LINK_TEXT>

half-way through the clip he does a hilarious bit about theaters.

When I went to see “Das Parfum” there were these three teenange-girls next to me talking the whole time about make up, boys, fashion and sex. It was so loud and fucking annoying that I told them to shut up which made them pissed, so they talked even louder to annoy me even more until they were thrown out by one of the cinema owners. ;D

Can’t recall any bad experiences but my best cinema experience was when I went to see Bandidas. Believe me or not, there were nobody in the theater: just me and the screen. Five minutes later two girls came in but I could barely notice them, I felt like I was in my private home theater. That was great!

[quote=“Ify”]

2) When I went to watch Kill Bill: Volume 2, I went with 8 other friends and a few of them really didn’t like it at all. Towards the latter third of the movie they kept shouting things. For example during the scene where Budd says “Is she the cutest piece of blonde pussy you ever saw? Or is she the cutest piece of blonde pussy you ever say?” and his buddy replies “I’ve seen better”, my friends were like “Damn fucking right”. They even resorted to shouting out “BORING” and proceeded to throw popcorn and other foodstuff in front of them. Then they began throwing it at each other. During fucking Volume 2!! Couldn’t believe it.

[/quote]

Your friends are retarded.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Your friends are retarded.
[/quote]
I didn’t know that he had any friends.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I didn’t know that he had any friends.
[/quote]

Why would you know that? Besides, I consider you to be my friend. :-*

I’m so glad I watched Death Proof back in June because I would have been PISSED had this been my first viewing of it. When I went to watch it in the UK, it was an advance screening and I went with my best friend. We were both waiting to watch it since it was first released. Well they only went and fucked up the opening credit sequence. The image wasn’t projected properly, what was supposed to be the bottom half was at the top and the top half of the screen was at the bottom. I joked before the film that “what if they fuck up the screening”, can’t believe I was right. I told my friend that they had fucked up and he said “Isn’t it part of the film to be like that?” Hahah. Perfectly relevant. I looked around at the other people there (we caught the extra early advance screening at 1:15pm and there were about 20 other people including two old ladies who kept ruffling their carrier bags during the movie) and they didn’t seem to be bothered by it. Finally, one guy went to let the cinema employees know about and they fixed it. I really wanted my friend to see the “Quentin Tarantino’s Thunderbolt” segment, I was so fucking annoyed.

[quote=“Ify”]
Why would you know that? Besides, I consider you to be my friend. :-*
[/quote]
I knew you would respond…I haven’t seen a post from you in a while…

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I knew you would respond…I haven’t seen a post from you in a while…
[/quote]

I made 3 posts after I came back from a month out, before I replied to yours!!