Will Volume 2 be nominated for an Oscar?

I will not debate any further on Singer vs. Spielburg. Yes, Spielburg is a good director. I give up.

However, I am not letting up that the Usual Suspects is in no way a rip off of Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs. Just because they are crime movies (although Usual is more of a mystery), doesn’t mean that one influenced the other. Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels PERHAPS were influenced. But… I said it once and I’ll say it again: The Usual Suspects was written prior to Pulp Fiction being released. Therefore, it could not have been influenced by Pulp. They also have a much different feel to them, so the direction was not influenced, either.

Saying that you confused the two years ago is not an indication that they are similar… it’s an indication of your immature knowledge of movies (that’s not an insult… it’s an age thing. It happend to me, too.)

It’s Spielberg, not Spielburg. Get that shit right, mutha fuckaz.

[quote]I will not debate any further on Singer vs. Spielburg.  Yes, Spielburg is a good director.  I give up.

However, I am not letting up that the Usual Suspects is in no way a rip off of Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs.  Just because they are crime movies (although Usual is more of a mystery), doesn’t mean that one influenced the other.  Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels PERHAPS were influenced.  But… I said it once and I’ll say it again:  The Usual Suspects was written prior to Pulp Fiction being released.  Therefore, it could not have been influenced by Pulp.  They also have a much different feel to them, so the direction was not influenced, either.

Saying that you confused the two years ago is not an indication that they are similar… it’s an indication of your immature knowledge of movies (that’s not an insult… it’s an age thing.  It happend to me, too.)[/quote]

Usual Suspects and Pulp/Dogs are different from each other, you’re absolutely right. BUT it is a fact that films like Suspects, Snatch and Lock Stock benefitted hugely from the commercial success that was Pulp. QT paved the way for a resurgence of the crime genre in the nineties, and not just the crime genre, but that type of crime genre which dealt with the underdogs. Of course, many directors brought their own particular style to their movies, but the public interest in the genre was resurrected by QT’s movies.

[quote]

Usual Suspects and Pulp/Dogs are different from each other, you’re absolutely right. BUT it is a fact that films like Suspects, Snatch and Lock Stock benefitted hugely from the commercial success that was Pulp. QT paved the way for a resurgence of the crime genre in the nineties, and not just the crime genre, but that type of crime genre which dealt with the underdogs. Of course, many directors brought their own particular style to their movies, but the public interest in the genre was resurrected by QT’s movies.
[/quote]
While PF did bring back interest in crime movies and the style, it doesn’t mean they influenced The Usual Suspects. Snatch was inspired, I could see the influence, but Suspects was already written and planned out when Fiction was released. Both great movies, but TUS wasn’t influenced or taken any cues from it