Will Volume 2 be nominated for an Oscar?

COME ON PEOPLE!!! We must accept the fact that that by splitting the movie in two, QT forfeited his chances to get any non-technical oscars. Not like oscars matter anyways…

[quote]COME ON PEOPLE!!! We must accept the fact that that by splitting the movie in two, QT forfeited his chances to get any non-technical oscars. Not like oscars matter anyways…[/quote]

Agreed and agreed. I stand by my (2003 Oscar) claim that Kill Bill WILL win a cinematography award, but thats about all I see it getting. But who knows? Maybe David Carradine will get that Best (Supporting?) Actor nod, too. Either way, it doesn’t matter. A movie winning a lot of awards is not a crieteria for me loving it. If that shit were true, I’d like Rocky more than Taxi Driver and Forrest Gump more than Pulp Fiction.

I judge a movie based on its own merits, not on what a bunch of Hollywood elitests think.

There aren’t many fimmakers I actually like.

QT

Bryan Singer

David Fincher

David Lynch

M. Night Shyamalan

The Coen Brothers

fuck Bruckheimer

Fuck Spielburg

Fuck Stone

overrated. Of course… I’m stupid, so don’t listen to me.

if you think singer is better than speilburg you are stupid.

tarantino deserves a best director oscar. and so they should give it to them

…and if not, don’t be bothered. Sergio didn’t get one and so did Ennio. What a shame!

Neither did Hitchcock

And Kubrick! He didn’t get one, too! Thats a shame!!!

i remember back in the day when vic and seb where going at it because seb said forrest gump deserved to get movie of the year honors over pulp fiction.

[quote]i remember back in the day when vic and seb where going at it because seb said forrest gump deserved to get movie of the  year honors over pulp fiction. [/quote]

Yeah, Seb runs the QT ARCHIVES and he picked Gumpy Gump over Pulp Fiction! I never understood that one. lol.

“Stupid is as stupid does”

[quote]if you think singer is better than speilburg you are stupid.

[/quote]

Yeah. Right. I think YOU’RE stupid.

Minority Report sure was ‘mind-blowing’. Need I bring up Amistad, Jurassic park III, Always, AI, etc?

Some of his movies are amazing (Saving Private Ryan, Jaws, Indiana Jones, etc), but his average movie doesn’t compare to Usual Suspects, Apt Pupil, or X-Men II.

I think it’s unfair to compare the two. I bet that if Singer had Spielberg’s endless filmography, he would have some mediocre movie here and there.

I personally like the two of them, but am not fanatical about neither; even though Schlinder’s List is one of the best movies ever made.

There’s a good point to be made there, but there’s also something to be said about not doing shitty movies.

Singer, Nolan, QT, and Lynch are good examples of directors who simply don’t do shitty movies.

The same couldn’t be said of the Spielburgs of the world. That’s why his filmography is so extensive… because he needs to be doing SOMETHING.

[quote]There’s a good point to be made there, but there’s also something to be said about not doing shitty movies. ÂÂ

Singer, Nolan, QT, and Lynch are good examples of directors who simply don’t do shitty movies.[/quote]

I wouldnt put Nolan or Singer on QTs level at all.

Singer did Usual Suspects (an obvious Dogs/Pulp riff) and X Men 1 and 2. X Men 1 was terrible and X Men 2 isnt anything special imo.

Nolan did Memento (another Pulp Fiction influenced film with the whole backwards non-linear style). And he did Imsonia. Again, nothing special.

Im not a fan of Lynch, but Id say hes definitely more of an auteur than Nolan and Singer.

QT and Lynch are auteurs. Nolan and Singer are directors for hire.

Saying that Usual Suspects is a Pulp/Res rip-off is completely retarded. They’re not even the same genre. Let’s also not forget that Usual suspects came out in 95, so that means that the script and idea had to have come before Pulp Fiction was even released, so let’s not go off the deep end. Just because the movie doesn’t really have any good guys (except the… wait for it… cops), doesn’t mean it’s a rip-off.

Second, X-Men II WAS something special. These directors (including Nolan) are not ‘directors for hire’ Save that title for directors like Schumacher and Mann and Bruckhiemer and Spielburg.

Oh… and, again, let’s not go off the deep end. Just because Memento was out of chronological order doesn’t mean that it was ripped off of Pulp Fiction and Res. They weren’t the first movies to be done out of chron. order, let’s not forget that.

I’m not here to argue what directors are good or not. QT’s my favrorite by far, but it’s definitely not fair to say that these other fine directors are ripping off him.

[quote]Saying that Usual Suspects is a Pulp/Res rip-off is completely retarded.  They’re not even the same genre.  Let’s also not forget that Usual suspects came out in 95, so that means that the script and idea had to have come before Pulp Fiction was even released, so let’s not go off the deep end.  Just because the movie doesn’t really have any good guys (except the… wait for it… cops), doesn’t mean it’s a rip-off.

Second, X-Men II WAS something special.  These directors (including Nolan) are not ‘directors for hire’  Save that title for directors like Schumacher and Mann and Bruckhiemer and Spielburg.

Oh… and, again, let’s not go off the deep end.  Just because Memento was out of chronological order doesn’t mean that it was ripped off of Pulp Fiction and Res.  They weren’t the first movies to be done out of chron. order, let’s not forget that. .[/quote]

Dude, I’m NOT making this shit up. Im stating the FACTS here. Usual Suspects, Memento, Snatch and many other crime films that came out after Dogs and Pulp were influenced very much by them. Its a well known fact. You can deny it all you want. You seem to forget how much QTs films changed modern cinema, and crime cinema in particular. And all those films ARE in the crime genre.

All I’m saying is that Singer and Nolan arent really directors who have their own voices. They are still doing other peoples films, not their own.

QT is a writer/director and a cinema auteur. So in my opinion, those directors dont belong on his level right now. Maybe they will in the future, but I dont know.

to support toothpick i seriously got usual suspects and reservoir dogs confused when i was younger. and younger meaning a couple years ago. they just look so much the same.

and to the Singer fan, sure spielburg has had some mishaps but how many schindler’s lists, jurassic parks, indiana jones, saving private ryans, E.T.s has Singer made?

the x-men movies were ok. but in comparison to some of the movies i just mentioned, they just plain suck. and i already mentioned usual suspects.

if spielburg makes a couple bad movies who cares? look how many movies he has made that are classics and have influenced so many other movies. if you can name one singer movie that everyone knows and loves, AND has influenced movies i will shut up on this discussion

Eventually, when the right time comes, Quentin will be given a life-time achievement award for his works throughout his entire life. I can tell these things, I’m clairvoyant.

Just because Quentin won an oscar for pulp fiction dosent mean that hes gonna win an oscar all the time!Quentin made kill bill for 13 year old girls(in his own words)and then just added a lot of blood in the fights to try aand make it look hard and rough though it looks absolute STUPID!!!And All of Quentins films havent made a lot of money.perhaps it might make a lot of money compare to other crappy movies like itself but Quentin movies dont make a lot of money!

[quote]And All of Quentins films havent made a lot of money.perhaps it might make a lot of money compare to other crappy movies like itself but Quentin movies dont make a lot of money![/quote]

What does making money have anything to do with the quality of a film?

[quote]Just because Quentin won an oscar for pulp fiction dosent mean that hes gonna win an oscar all the time!Quentin made kill bill for 13 year old girls(in his own words)and then just added a lot of blood in the fights to try aand make it look hard and rough though it looks absolute STUPID!!!And All of Quentins films havent made a lot of money.perhaps it might make a lot of money compare to other crappy movies like itself but Quentin movies dont make a lot of money![/quote]

You’re a fucking moron. QT never said Kill Bill was for 13 year old girls, he just said he would be happy if teenage girls would get to see it. And your money comment is so idiotic I don’t even know where to start. Go kill yourself idiot.